Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2023, 03:10 PM

866 posts, read 592,403 times

Advertisements

Well the Piggly Wiggly finally started permitting for their new West Mobile location at the intersection of University and Airport
https://mobileal-energovpub.tylerhos...3-be063674217e

Also Five Below will be coming to West Mobile next to Neighborhood Walmart at the intersection Hillcrest and Cottage HIll

https://mobileal-energovpub.tylerhos...0-66216acd70d7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2023, 09:20 AM

199 posts, read 190,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
Well the Piggly Wiggly finally started permitting for their new West Mobile location at the intersection of University and Airport
https://mobileal-energovpub.tylerhos...3-be063674217e

Also Five Below will be coming to West Mobile next to Neighborhood Walmart at the intersection Hillcrest and Cottage HIll

https://mobileal-energovpub.tylerhos...0-66216acd70d7

I think I heard that Piggly Wiggly is going to be modeled after the one in Fairhope. If so, it's going to be really popular out that way. I love going to the one in Fairhope.

Old 09-28-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshore78 View Post
I think I heard that Piggly Wiggly is going to be modeled after the one in Fairhope. If so, it's going to be really popular out that way. I love going to the one in Fairhope.
Yea I believe so as well

Old 09-28-2023, 08:24 PM

562 posts, read 667,130 times
Hillcrest and Cottage Hill seems like an odd location for one, but I'm glad West Mobile is finally getting one. I'm assuming they're taking over the old Tuesday morning spot?

I've been to the one in Springdale a few times, and it seems a little "off" to me. Seems like they have trouble keeping the store stocked and part of it's not even finished yet.

It seems like a common problem of doing business in Mobile, it's literally the end of the line of the supply chain, and getting here is a pain, unless you're coming eastbound on I-10.

Old 09-29-2023, 06:01 AM

5,002 posts, read 9,169,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
Hillcrest and Cottage Hill seems like an odd location for one, but I'm glad West Mobile is finally getting one. I'm assuming they're taking over the old Tuesday morning spot?

I've been to the one in Springdale a few times, and it seems a little "off" to me. Seems like they have trouble keeping the store stocked and part of it's not even finished yet.

It seems like a common problem of doing business in Mobile, it's literally the end of the line of the supply chain, and getting here is a pain, unless you're coming eastbound on I-10.
I don't understand opening an unfinished establishment ( Side eying Surge). At one time I thought their west location ,would've been in the new Dawes Piblix shopping center.

Old 09-29-2023, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post

Might as well build a warehouse here, Five Below’s Grand Opening for their Fairhope location is today

Old 09-29-2023, 12:53 PM

Looks like another unfinished subdivision will soon be resuming construction. Adams Homes has bought up the unfinished lots in the Muddy Creek Subdivision along Bellingrath Road in Theodore just outside city limits. It doesn’t appear they have bought the undeveloped land from the original developer yet (North Royal Properties). My guess is that the success of developing the current lots will determine if Adams Homes continues to expand the neighborhood further

Edit: just looked at Adams Homes’ website, it appears it will be rebranded to Country Club Estates

And in a nearby neighborhood within city limits, habitat for humanity has bought several lots in an unfinished subdivision and has began developing those lots

Last edited by InlandWave; 09-29-2023 at 01:25 PM..

Old 10-02-2023, 08:37 AM

Dave and Buster’s has confirmed they will coming to Mobile

https://www.lagniappemobile.com/news...kG-vNYQc8N7NOc

Old 10-02-2023, 04:06 PM

688 posts, read 1,207,416 times
I wonder if the market can land The Cheesecake Factory or possibly lure back PF Chang's.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:47 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,169,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon_regis View Post
I wonder if the market can land The Cheesecake Factory or possibly lure back PF Chang's.
Absolutely! The location was the issue tbh and they ( PF) didn't put their best foot forward imo. Maybe McGowin is the new shopping destination.

I hate when some of these chains come here and half step with things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area