Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 12:02 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,228,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
After that sign Biafora and Co put up on the Mileground, I hope WVU gets into another Public/Private just to spite them.
Preferably where the Standard was going to go, and hopefully include the land and building that used to be golds gym next to it. Make it even bigger of a site than the standard planned for.

Have you seen the new signs he put up in front of all of the metro buildings? It talks about why WVU is suing him and all his facts are complete BS. Doesn't even mention it is the state that is suing him and why. 100% made up BS to make his company look better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 12:25 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EerWax View Post
What if the U sells off Arnold Hall to be renovated? That would be another nail in the Biafora coffin
I believe Biafora has known all along that the best he could do is delay competition with these legal moves. He has accomplished that. I remember his being quoted as saying he could delay things for as long as 2 years with lawsuits. Losing in court was a setback to be sure, but nobody is going to put a nail in his coffin. He is far too successful as a developer for that to happen.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:28 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Preferably where the Standard was going to go, and hopefully include the land and building that used to be golds gym next to it. Make it even bigger of a site than the standard planned for.

Have you seen the new signs he put up in front of all of the metro buildings? It talks about why WVU is suing him and all his facts are complete BS. Doesn't even mention it is the state that is suing him and why. 100% made up BS to make his company look better.
It would be outstanding if WVU were to take over that property where The Standard was going to go and turn it into a public - private arrangement. That property is far too valuable for it's current use. Somebody is going to do something with it.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:48 PM

75 posts, read 91,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I believe Biafora has known all along that the best he could do is delay competition with these legal moves. He has accomplished that. I remember his being quoted as saying he could delay things for as long as 2 years with lawsuits. Losing in court was a setback to be sure, but nobody is going to put a nail in his coffin. He is far too successful as a developer for that to happen.
He has told multiple people in the past that he planned to win these suits.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:44 AM

286 posts, read 348,660 times
Lost cause?

Old 06-29-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvu2016 View Post
Lost cause?
Probably, last I heard they were still waiting on DOH.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:10 PM

354 posts, read 505,845 times
CA should sue the state

Old 06-29-2017, 07:22 PM

124 posts, read 151,408 times
If you believe what you hear at Gene's watering hole, the DOH is having some major issues with the traffic study, sight lines, etc. Also, people are saying Giulinai and Biafore are filing more lawsuits against the city and state to stop the development.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 PM

Millions of dollars in projects, taxes and development down the drain because of a few @$&*&%@!

Complete shame.

If I were the VFW in this, I would be suing those that sought to block this development because it is costing them money.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:12 PM

124 posts, read 151,408 times
Default VFW project

What's the latest on the VFW high-rise project? I haven't heard anything in a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown