Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2018, 02:05 PM

255 posts, read 391,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Joe Romeo's Service center? Best I can tell the back two thirds of the Honda Dealership will be a service center and maybe it'll work as a service center for all of their vehicles. The used car dealership doesn't seem to be large enough to have even one bay for a service area but behind it there will be a small car wash. Also looking closer it appears they are planning for the future and are going to have up to 13 EV charging spots and possibly solar panels on the roof (looks like Mountain View Solar will be the ones doing this).
Interesting about the charging spots; they are definitely planning for the future. Where is the used car dealership going to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 02:23 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
Interesting about the charging spots; they are definitely planning for the future. Where is the used car dealership going to be?
It tentatively looks to be across the Hobby Lobby access road, original plans were for a fast food restaurant pad and a big pad for up to 39,000 square foot building and it looks like they took the fast food spot.

If you scroll to page 16 and 17 you will see the current drawings.

https://images3.loopnet.com/d2/Cx8MP...4/document.pdf

Old 12-17-2018, 05:54 PM

219 posts, read 247,912 times
Quote:
All three buildings at Joe Romeo's went up for sale/lease recently. I wonder if he will be dropping the Mazda brand or if he is looking to build a third location elsewhere (unless he sells the Mazdas from the Honda building or the used car building).

Also in other automotive news for this area, Freedom dealership is no longer selling VW's and has sold that part of the dealership business to Weimer (who also bought Hyundai from Freedom). Weimer for now is renting the lot and current building from Freedom until they (Weimer) build a new dealership building somewhere in the general area.
Wow. Volkwagon didn't last long in Morgantown at all. Wonder what time of kind of auto manufacturer will replace that spot once Weimer moves to a new location. I wonder if we will ever see a premium car dealer here other than Mercedes. Jaguar? BMW? Audi? Land Rover?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaerial View Post
Wow. Volkwagon didn't last long in Morgantown at all. Wonder what time of kind of auto manufacturer will replace that spot once Weimer moves to a new location. I wonder if we will ever see a premium car dealer here other than Mercedes. Jaguar? BMW? Audi? Land Rover?
Supposedly sales were good but there might have been some disagreements between Freedom ownership and VW management. I guess major sticking point was the new location, they didn’t like being “behind” the Ford dealership. Regarding Weimer I think they are maybe looking at a new dealership on the west side of 79 near their Hyundai dealership (not sure if they will build a new Hyundai dealership at the same time). Regarding the current VW spot they said there were no plans for it right now but a year or so ago there were rumors they might have been getting the Subaru dealership but who knows if that was true.

I’m surprised we don’t get a Lexus or Volvo but I’d almost venture to say if we get a new premium car dealership it might be one of those ones where they bring multiple brands at once.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:56 PM

456 posts, read 602,793 times
I was looking at the site plans for West Ridge and unless i'm looking at them wrong they seem to have chanced. I see drawings that show a shopping area that appears to be where the WVU property was with big box but nothing over 40,000 sq ft. The shopping area that had the proposed Menards isn't even shown now and I just wonder what has happened.The Drury still is in photos and I would think would start in spring. Does any of the office buildings have any walls up yet and has anyone seen photos of the building site lately. What is the road situation have they announced any paving or will that now wait till spring.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
I was looking at the site plans for West Ridge and unless i'm looking at them wrong they seem to have chanced. I see drawings that show a shopping area that appears to be where the WVU property was with big box but nothing over 40,000 sq ft. The shopping area that had the proposed Menards isn't even shown now and I just wonder what has happened.The Drury still is in photos and I would think would start in spring. Does any of the office buildings have any walls up yet and has anyone seen photos of the building site lately. What is the road situation have they announced any paving or will that now wait till spring.
Most of the road to the office building area is done with that first coating of paving for construction it seems (but they were also pouring the curbs at the same time). The WVU Medicine land seems to be split in half (supporting the rumor WVU Medicine is now planning to use it mainly for investing purposes), one half we don’t know and the other half shopping. Where Menards was in the old drawings appears to be whited out except the roads like they are trying to hide what the two big pads are. Notice there are no pads 4A2 and 4A3 but 4A1 and 4A4 are listed. It seems that when they were drawing them they were complete but they cropped out those two pads to not show what it is (Menards and possibly BJ’s/Costco). I believe construction on most of the things near the highway are slated to start beginning in the spring now that it is winter and to coincide with the exit getting redone. Drury and Menards said they should have more info regarding the construction timelines towards the spring. Also last I saw with the big office building it looked like one of them had the footers poured but it has been a little bit since I looked.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Most of the road to the office building area is done with that first coating of paving for construction it seems (but they were also pouring the curbs at the same time). The WVU Medicine land seems to be split in half (supporting the rumor WVU Medicine is now planning to use it mainly for investing purposes), one half we don’t know and the other half shopping. Where Menards was in the old drawings appears to be whited out except the roads like they are trying to hide what the two big pads are. Notice there are no pads 4A2 and 4A3 but 4A1 and 4A4 are listed. It seems that when they were drawing them they were complete but they cropped out those two pads to not show what it is (Menards and possibly BJ’s/Costco). I believe construction on most of the things near the highway are slated to start beginning in the spring now that it is winter and to coincide with the exit getting redone. Drury and Menards said they should have more info regarding the construction timelines towards the spring. Also last I saw with the big office building it looked like one of them had the footers poured but it has been a little bit since I looked.
Funny enough this morning I was driving from the Star city exit to the Westover exit and saw two flat bed 18-wheelers heading up the new road from the star city exit (I assume this will be the access road until the new exit part is open) towards the office buildings being built. Both trucks were loaded with steel beams.

Last edited by WVUmatt; 12-19-2018 at 06:04 AM..

Old 12-19-2018, 12:07 PM

The large building at West Ridge is under construction. It's visible when driving 79 from Westover to star city. It's in the back SW portion of the site. Looks to be the elevator shaft. It's surrounded by scaffolding.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:53 AM

113 posts, read 148,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaerial View Post
The large building at West Ridge is under construction. It's visible when driving 79 from Westover to star city. It's in the back SW portion of the site. Looks to be the elevator shaft. It's surrounded by scaffolding.
Any chance you'll do another drone shot anytime soon? I always enjoy seeing the progress.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1WVU View Post
Any chance you'll do another drone shot anytime soon? I always enjoy seeing the progress.
If I get some time over the holidays I'll try to run out and get a few updated shots. Glad you like the pics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown