Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 07:51 AM

764 posts, read 2,550,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
The "people of walmart" are the same everywhere lol. Feeling down in the dumps? Want to feel better about yourself? go to wally world.
I tell ya.... When did it become ok to wear not just fleece PJs to Walmart, but house shoes as well? And it's not really the attire that really gets to me; the behavior of some of these people is just gross. I gladly pay higher prices to shop at Publix where the employees are helpful and the customers are better behaved. Plus I don't feel like I'm gonna get shanked in the parking lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,423,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
I tell ya.... When did it become ok to wear not just fleece PJs to Walmart, but house shoes as well? And it's not really the attire that really gets to me; the behavior of some of these people is just gross. I gladly pay higher prices to shop at Publix where the employees are helpful and the customers are better behaved. Plus I don't feel like I'm gonna get shanked in the parking lot.
I never feel unsafe at wally world....that's not true, the ones in bad neighborhoods I do. Mostly I just hate dealing with rude people who can't control their shouting misbehaved children etc etc.

Funny user-submitted snippet from some newspaper somewhere.
TN, Do you feel safe?-walmart.jpg

Old 02-18-2014, 08:10 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,341,054 times
"Dressed up to go to Walmart"

Translation: putting on a Halloween costume.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:12 AM

44 posts, read 69,911 times
Quote:
The "people of walmart" are the same everywhere lol. Feeling down in the dumps? Want to feel better about yourself? go to wally world.
This is true, so not to just think that the walmart crazies are relegated to Smyrna and Mboro, they are everywhere. Where we moved from, there was only a WM, and if you didn't want to be frightened, you didn't go in after 9 pm, everyone knew that. The crazies come out. There was nowhere else to shop, so I spent many days there in my previous life. When we moved here(Franklin) I had choices, so I shop Publix, Kroger, and Target. The grandparents sent a gift for Christmas that we had to return to WM, so we went to the one in Cool Springs, and there they were! Before this experience, I didn't think people of WM existed in Wilco, but they most surely do, and apparently a lot of them!

Old 02-18-2014, 09:35 AM

764 posts, read 2,550,233 times
Quote:
I never feel unsafe at wally world....that's not true, the ones in bad neighborhoods I do. Mostly I just hate dealing with rude people who can't control their shouting misbehaved children etc etc.

Funny user-submitted snippet from some newspaper somewhere.
Attachment 125536
LOL! My husband shared that snippet with me just the other day - I can't imagine the Walmart/PJ/house slipper crowd going 'casual' anywhere.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:21 AM

56 posts, read 121,075 times
Those stats are skewed. It is Memphis as a whole that drags the entire state down.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:15 PM

328 posts, read 569,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony-Momma View Post
Westhaven was hit over the weekend - did I read 10 break-ins?? The Franklin PD sent a reminder via social media that if your car is parked on a street, to remove valuables and to avoid leaving purses etc visible through a home window at night.
I saw they arrested the guy for the Westhaven car break-ins and he lived in the neighborhood, although he didn't really look like he fit there..Was wondering if he was living with parents or something?? Anyone know more on this story...
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...-burglary-case

Old 03-13-2014, 01:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livnluv View Post
I saw they arrested the guy for the Westhaven car break-ins and he lived in the neighborhood, although he didn't really look like he fit there..Was wondering if he was living with parents or something?? Anyone know more on this story...
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...-burglary-case
Why didn't he look like he fit there?

Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM

Guy sounds like a real winner. Multiple prior arrests.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why didn't he look like he fit there?
I'm obviously not familiar with the area, but mabe he looks more...ghetto than moat folks in town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville