Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:54 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times

Advertisements

Parts of Somersworth, Dover, Rochester (and I'm sure Madbury and Barrington included) are without power. My sister and mom still didn't have it as of late last night - and my sister is the one with a newborn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 07:21 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Hey Dare, thanks for the email the other day. I was able to collect/respond to email when I took my laptop and went to Massachusetts to show one of my listings. Thank goodness for laptops!!!

Nicole I believe is in Laconia, near Weir's Beach, and Lisa G, NH2008 and BF are in Hollis. The western portion of Rockingham Country was hit really hard. The roads have been fine (drivable) since Friday night, the biggest problem is of course the fallen and damaged trees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
I have no idea what counties Lisa or NicoleM are in, but I haven't "seen" Lisa from the storm and had one message that they expected to be out of power for awhile....I *think* Nicole popped in at some point, but not since...not sure if that means they are busy or their power went out again....and Valerie C, in Londonderry hasn't been around (again, I don't know what county that is), so I suspect she's still without power.....

By tomorrow we'll probably be able to guess by who hasn't posted since the storm

Old 12-14-2008, 07:36 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,538,246 times
Anybody have any idea when power will be restored in Fremont

Old 12-14-2008, 07:58 PM

14 posts, read 65,865 times
We're in Windham (off Londonderry Rd) and still without power since Thurs night. We've got 3 kids under 3 so we decided we need to be in a hotel room to keep the little guys warm. Any idea how fast PNHS works?

Old 12-14-2008, 08:14 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Parts of Somersworth, Dover, Rochester (and I'm sure Madbury and Barrington included) are without power. My sister and mom still didn't have it as of late last night - and my sister is the one with a newborn
I talked to my son in Barrington a couple hours ago.They've been without power since Fri. and dont expect to have it restored for a couple more days. Thank god for gas appliances and wood heat.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:32 PM

70 posts, read 385,553 times
i was reading in the local newspaper in NY that the governor stated that if ur power wasn't on today you should seriously consider leaving ur home to find some place with power to stay

from what i read... a lot of the grids were restore but branches will fall causing them to go out again...

Old 12-14-2008, 08:46 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXC9900 View Post
i was reading in the local newspaper in NY that the governor stated that if ur power wasn't on today you should seriously consider leaving ur home to find some place with power to stay

from what i read... a lot of the grids were restore but branches will fall causing them to go out again...
Hotels are full and the whole state has only 6000 shelter beds. Some shelters are already closing because those towns have power back. Yet there are still 190,000 customers without power and the Gov says leave???? For where? Hawaii? And WHERE is our outgoing senator in all this? We are damn fortunate to have this warmer spell, but if we let up on shelters, aid, and restoration efforts and the weather changes, we'll still be finding frozen bodies in January.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:00 PM

70 posts, read 385,553 times
i was wondering where people would go if they didn't have friends or family with power...

personally i went to my parents in NY on friday b/c when this same type of event transpired in buffalo a few yrs ago we were w/o power for over a week... and the original estimate had been 2-3 days. i told my landlord that she should do the same but she stayed. she has a wood stove tho so at least has heat and a way to cook.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:27 PM

120 posts, read 785,778 times
I know it must be tough up there, but am very glad to begin seeing more of the familiar names popping back up! I'm continuing to check on the outage map - thanks for that- and praying for y'all to be safe and warm. We are back to mid to upper 70s this week. Wish I could will some of it to y'all for a couple of days to thaw everybody out! Please keep the reports coming as possible. Again, hope everyone is alright!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 04:39 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Wow I'm back in "civilization" with an internet connection Much of Londonderry has been restored, unfortunately our neighborhood is still in semi-darkness. The roar of generators (ours included) can be heard as I took the dog for a walk and to check in on people. We have limited power, water & heat, plus a couple of lights and the TV. No stove or microwave but the basics are covered. We've had people here each day/night who don't have power at home, and cooked on the grill for dinner. At least it's not terribly cold outside. A couple of years ago we had a similar storm and lost power for 3 or 4 days, then the temps plunged into single digits, resulting in lots of people with burst pipes, heating system freeze damage, etc. As of yesterday afternoon there were still several roads closed due to a HUGE amount of trees down throughout Derry/Londonderry/Windham/Pelham/Hudson. Hope people are staying warm and safe...
Val - Glad to see you're at least partially back to normal! Hope everyone gets their power back soon! How nice of you and your family to have others in, check on others, etc.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire