Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 05:38 AM

319 posts, read 145,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I don't want anything that turns him into a martyr.

My sister has heard from some people who she knows who have property in and near Wildwood that the place is crawling with people who are there to see if people show up who are outsiders, since the locals don't like him.
Locals don't like him?

Everybody who was interviewed in line was from Wildwood.

During his glorious run to victory, I saw a lot of 'TRUMP' signs in Wildwood Crest.

I keep hearing from the left that nobody likes him, but everywhere I go - even in Philly - I get positive feedback about my hat. Even from Hispanics and African-Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 05:55 AM

The funny thing about the DJT haters is that if he was a woman, African-American male or a homosexual/lesbian with a 'D' attached to the name, who had the same personality and was accomplishing the same things, they'd love him/her for 'not taking any crap' and 'getting things done.'

But, since he's a straight, white male who ran as a Republican - 'Orange man bad!'

Such hypocrites, every one of them.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:24 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bursitis View Post
Locals don't like him?

Everybody who was interviewed in line was from Wildwood.

During his glorious run to victory, I saw a lot of 'TRUMP' signs in Wildwood Crest.

I keep hearing from the left that nobody likes him, but everywhere I go - even in Philly - I get positive feedback about my hat. Even from Hispanics and African-Americans.
I don't think that you know much about South Jersey. With the exception of Camden County, South Jersey is majority Republican. The rally is including Van Drew, who flipped parties. There are still plenty of people in the area who still hate Trump over what he did to the small contractors in Atlantic City.

If you want to pay the grifter for a hat, that's your business. No one is likely to say otherwise to your face.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I don't think that you know much about South Jersey. With the exception of Camden County, South Jersey is majority Republican. The rally is including Van Drew, who flipped parties. There are still plenty of people in the area who still hate Trump over what he did to the small contractors in Atlantic City.

If you want to pay the grifter for a hat, that's your business. No one is likely to say otherwise to your face.

You sound a little confused.

Anyway, if you want to stomp your feet like a little girl and believe the lies fed to you by the left, have at it.

Just realize how foolish you look.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:56 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:

Yes you’re right, I lived in Ocean City for 18 years. All of Cape May County is heavily Republican and has been for many years.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:26 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,754,739 times
Quote:

Not sure why you would say that. Burlington County consistently votes Democrat in Presidential election since 1992. So have Atlantic and Cumberland. Gloucester voted Democrat in every election from 1992 to 2012 before giving Trump a tiny 0.5% margin of victory in 2016, and then voting for Murphy in 2017.

Even Salem County has been kind of swing in Presidential elections. They voted for Clinton in 1996, Gore in 2000, and twice for Obama. Cape May County is the only one that has consistently voted Republican in election after election in recent history. South Jersey is overall Democrat. Now is it as blue by the same margins as North Jersey? No. Are the Democrats as liberal/progressive as those in North Jersey? No. But to say it is majority Republican is flat out wrong.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:46 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Leps12;57182911........ because I’m not a dinosaur unwilling to adapt to a 21st century economy and looking for a “savior.”.......
Then it's safe to say Warren and Sanders are not on you short list?

Old 01-28-2020, 10:52 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,754,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Then it's safe to say Warren and Sanders are not on you short list?
I would vote for Warren. If Sanders is the nominee, I will sit out or write in. If I lived in a swing state, I would pull the lever for him. But my top choice is Buttigieg.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Gas prices ended at $2.14 under Obama. We are at $2.60 now. DJIA is up 46% since Trump took office. At this point in Obama’s first term, it was up 58%. Unemployment moved from 9.9% to 4.1% under Obama, now at 3.5%. Just a continuation of the trend.

Charts and data can be your friend, too.
Didn't NJ hike the gas tax almost double in '16?

Even Obama stated that the President doesn't control gas prices. I believed him then just as I believed Bush, in spite of his oil connections, didn't either when conspiracy nuts were blaming him.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
I would vote for Warren. If Sanders is the nominee, I will sit out or write in. If I lived in a swing state, I would pull the lever for him. But my top choice is Buttigieg.
I can't fathom how Warren could possibly deliver on her promises made with regards to give-aways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia