Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i bet this thread goes exactly like the other one did.
Would that be "downhill fast" or "to hell in a handbasket"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
What planet do you live on? Obama did not "throw them a bone"...he had no choice..he was backed into a corner. That was the only way out if he wanted to keep the lower income tax cuts in place.
They preach fiscal responsibility so why did they vote it in if it added billions to the deficit. Oh that's right they were on the receiving end of some of the billions. So it's okay than.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
They preach fiscal responsibility so why did they vote it in if it added billions to the deficit. Oh that's right they were on the receiving end of some of the billions. So it's okay than.
I can't rep you again.

If nothing else, this recession has proven (again) that Reagonomics 100% does not work in the US. It didn't work under Reagan & Bush I, it didn't work in the long run for Whitman or Bush II. (& don't forget to add job outsourcing to the trickle down theory)

I have watched, where I currently live, several projects that are thanks to incentives (federal &/or state) that have gotten construction back to work. Now restaurants & retail are starting to pick up. Money doesn't trickle down, it bubbles up.

I did not vote for Obama, but his incentive money is working, it just takes times to get through the system. I am totally disgusted with the Republicans & their constant chants of no & complete lack of cooperation.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:56 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Hey I can't blame Christie for not wanting to back this tax, Because it will effect his 600K income. It might interfere with his partnership in the Golman Sachs hedge fund that he's partners in. LOL

Old 02-25-2011, 01:37 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I can't rep you again.

If nothing else, this recession has proven (again) that Reagonomics 100% does not work in the US. It didn't work under Reagan & Bush I, it didn't work in the long run for Whitman or Bush II. (& don't forget to add job outsourcing to the trickle down theory)

I have watched, where I currently live, several projects that are thanks to incentives (federal &/or state) that have gotten construction back to work. Now restaurants & retail are starting to pick up. Money doesn't trickle down, it bubbles up.

I did not vote for Obama, but his incentive money is working, it just takes times to get through the system. I am totally disgusted with the Republicans & their constant chants of no & complete lack of cooperation.
I just don't understand where you get "the incentive money is working"? Seriously, you sound like a politician, and probably have great potential. All they do is asking more and more. When package 1 didn't work, they always come out and said because package 1 was not doing enough. So they ask more for package 2, when package 2 didn't work. Same reason, it was not enough. and so on and on. How can you proof them wrong?

However, when market did something good, they come out and take credit.

If you look at how much money was spent and given out, there is enough to give each and everyone like 50k or something. Probably with this year's budget, it will be like 75k each since 2008.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:05 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I can't rep you again.

yeah its really working out wonderfully.

people have no clue about the train thats about to hit us. who is going to buy all the debt that obama has built into his budget? it seems to be some people's assumption that if us treasury keeps issuing bonds, people/countries will keep scooping them up. thats not going to happen and that reality is going to face us at the point of a gun.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:08 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default tell me another fairy tale...the one about the NJ Dems

Give it a break!

Perhaps Obama's reliance on loss of memory by his minions allows him to create a new dawn every time he speaks but there are such things as archived news for anyone who cares.

NJ Dems think they can play the same game?

Apology to the part of the Dem party that has not been hijacked by Trial Lawyers and union subsidies.

Dems could have passed the millionaires tax and chose not to.

http://www.taxrates.cc/html/06j-new-jersey-tax.html

"As people who have followed this issue know, the Democrat-led Legislature and Democratic Gov. Jon Corzine wrote last year's so-called "millionaires' tax" to expire on Dec. 31, which it did. When it died they knew Christie would be governor in about three weeks and that he was on record as being against any new taxes.

Were they sincere, the Democrats could have passed a new "millionaires' tax" and Corzine could have signed it into law before Christie hit town and figured out which key fits which door in the State House."

Old 02-25-2011, 03:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Since we are in the mood for hating middle class families and the poor and unions by only requiring them for SHARED SACRIFICE a proposal for the rich for the same sacrifice. And this is only after 1 million dollars. Let's see if Christie wants to sign it and spread the SHARED sacrifice around.
Wow, the Dems must really enjoy a swift kick to the groin..........

Old 02-25-2011, 03:40 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
How much do the >1M folks pay now?

Old 02-25-2011, 03:45 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
How much do the >1M folks pay now?
They pay less then they have since the 50's. Nice time to be rich too bad we cant all join in on the party. What I dont get is why its taboo to raise taxes on the rich yet its ok to tax teachers,cops and all other public servants who a lot of the time make under 60k per year. As a side note I am not talking about raising taxes on small businesses. Talk about not making any sense. Somehow the rich who pull tax loopholes out of their butts are being seen as victims. The right in this country would have you believe that the rich are collecting welfare.

Last edited by bababua; 02-25-2011 at 05:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey