Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
We agree on the lackluster candidates ... I voted AGAINST Palin. I can't BELIEVE the "R's" actually thought she was a viable candidate ...
palin is not my number one pick but id happily vote for her. not only does she want to be a real conservative but liberals hate her guts. they would flip if she was the nominee.

if romney is the candidate right now i want to say that i wont vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 09:19 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,367,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I didn't realize that you were a conspiracy theorist.
Huh?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:24 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,875 times
Quote:
Please.

No personal attacks.

Be civil.

Now go wait by your mailbox for your check.

Again stop crying. Dont forget to tell us how much money you make. Oh wait I know you pay more taxes then some of us make. LOL good one a interet rich guy. I for one am an internet tough guy so if you would like to come around the "hood" let me know.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,367,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
palin is not my number one pick but id happily vote for her. not only does she want to be a real conservative but liberals hate her guts. they would flip if she was the nominee.

if romney is the candidate right now i want to say that i wont vote for him.
Re Palin: I think we've had enough loose canons with the 8 years under Bush.

Re Romney: I don't see ANY viable candidates out there. Saddest thing is, even if there WAS one, and he/she was elected, the other parties in the House and Senate would refuse to play, and nothing beneficial would result.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:27 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,875 times
Quote:

Re Romney: I don't see ANY viable candidates out there. Saddest thing is, even if there WAS one, and he/she was elected, the other parties in the House and Senate would refuse to play, and nothing beneficial would result.

Obama wins easy in 2 years. Lock it up.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
No.

I want people like you to keep your hand out of my pocket.
Great posts, but maybe you can defend yourself further with percentages and numbers.

My sense is you're already paying > 50% of your income to the Government. Is that not enough for the leftists?

Think about it: federal, FICA (you must pay both parts if you're self employed), Medicare (' '), state, county/local(?), sales, real estate (which are huge in NJ), auto registration, cell phone/internet/communications, gasoline, utilities. I probably forgot a few taxes, fees, etc that you pay to the Government. If you own your own business, your cost of regulatory compliance is probably another 10% on top of this. Add this up and it should be > 50%.

IMO, paying 50% of your income to the Government is insane, as is anyone who thinks this is not enough. You earned whatever you have and it's not your success that prevented the haters on this forum from earning more.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 AM

18,470 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
We agree on the lackluster candidates ... I voted AGAINST Palin. I can't BELIEVE the "R's" actually thought she was a viable candidate ... (and backing a heart patient ,no less). I feel they purposely threw the election (I have NO idea why). I thought about voting a third party, but I felt that was simply throwing the vote away.

As for CC. In MY opinion, he's pulled the wool over your eyes, and he is NO better. He might actually do more harm than good, in the long run, with his shoot-from-the-hip intuitions.

At least in the other administrations, we didn't have leaders playing us, one against the other, to divert our attention away from the fact that wall street and their bankster friends have stolen our "economy", and have claimed it as their own.

I THINK I like the part where his admin got NJ the HealthCare Exemptions, but their bungling of the Federal School Money, and the rest of their policies are completely one- and short-sighted.
The wool is not over my eyes. I understand that Christie is ultimately out for #1, but I think he truly believes that the way to the top is to always do what is in the best interest of the taxpayer. I once took a psych class in college about the history and techniques of mind control. Many of these techniques, once only CIA operatives were privy to, are now commonly used by advertising agencies, and taught in sales courses. I remember learning that the BEST salesmen are the ones who truly believe that selling their product to someone is the right thing to do for that person. That they are really trying to make people's lives better, even against resistance of that person, and that that person will end up thanking them in the long run. There was something about animal instincts and the subconscious mind's ability to distinguish when someone is lending a helping hand or is only out for themselves. Ultimately, the salesman is helping himself the most, but in his mind, he is really, truly helping the person to whom he is selling, and putting THEIR needs FIRST. If the salesman really believes that, he will automatically bypass the subjects natural, subconscious defense mechanism.

Whether it comes naturally, or it was taught, I think Christie has this technique down cold. He is ultimately out for himself, but he will help the tax payer as much as possible because it will aid in his own advancement.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:41 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:

loose cannon? i dont really know what you mean by that. i want a tea party conservative. i dont want someone who will work with the other side. there are a handful of good candidates out there, right now im confident one of them will be the nominee.

since the house and senate will be republican controlled, its possible any republican candidate would be sufficient to just sign off on the legislation.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:48 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Again stop crying. Dont forget to tell us how much money you make. Oh wait I know you pay more taxes then some of us make. LOL good one a interet rich guy. I for one am an internet tough guy so if you would like to come around the "hood" let me know.
I don't recall crying.

I have no reason to.

Violence is not the answer.

What is "a interet rich guy"?

Perhaps your lack of command of the english language is the reason that you haven't progressed?

Old 02-27-2011, 07:10 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,410,268 times
Quote:
VERY cute story. But I see a different ending, since THEY TOOK HIS MONEY (as it says). And the rich guy's pocket change was enough to buy ALL these guys (AND their extended families) food for the following year. While the rich guy healed and because of his loss, had to limit some of the options on his new Lamborghini.

Not for nothing, but I think the rich guys need the poor guys more than vice versa. Once the rich have glommed ALL the candy on their side of the table, life for ALL OF US is going to be very difficult. Even the rich won't be able to buy anything because there will be no truckers, grocery stores, farmers, etc. (and we KNOW they hate manual labor). OK ... I guess unless you are planning on bringing back slavery.

The way I see it, hunger and greed are both similar emotions, but quite frankly, my heart goes with those who need food for themselves and their families, more than it goes to the person who just can't WAIT to buy that new Sikorsky Helicopter.

To those of you who ask "Well how much would YOU propose we tax the rich"? I have not had an answer to this until now ... and my answer is that I feel the incomes should be taxed based on how obscene they are. This means that I agree that in NY/NJ (for example), a $400K salary is not much. But we have greedy slime who make that a pittance. IMO, obscene earnings deserve obscene taxes. $100 Million bonuses on wall street are hurting society more than school teachers or ANY unions.

And on the topic of school teachers, while many of them are feeling the pinch ... and many have taken early retirement, etc. The kids are hurting from this, too. But the jack4$$ superintendent is STILL earning his $550K per year, isn't he? Or did I miss the part where Christie managed to get rid of him?

I found the following two articles riveting. Maybe you will, too.
Spreading the wealth - Los Angeles Times

How American Income Inequality Hit Levels Not Seen Since The Depression

They speak to the disparity between the "haves" and the "have-nots". This disparity is unbelievably huge! It has never been higher than since the great depression. The HP article even brings up the possibility that these economic firestorms are CAUSED by the disparity (the article is inconclusive on that, I know).

But all that aside, I THINK we ALL can agree that the margin between the top and the bottom is larger than ever.

Some of you ... CaptainNJ, Anesthesia, for instance, might argue that it is the law of the country that allows this disparity. But I ask "who is making these laws"? The middle class? I think not. Certainly not the poor! So then, some might ask ... "Why do you elect this kind of person"? Again, who is it that gives us our nominees? The poor? The middle class?

I really hate generalizations, but I feel the rich, as a class, are MAINLY the ones who are responsible for creating this economic predicament, and their absolute greed and avarice is going to kill a good thing, that THING, being the U.S.A. Looks pretty much to me like its EOL already.

Anyway ... I ask the Forum members ... do you think CC's policies are going to rectify this disparity ... or enhance it?

Do you think that's good for you?

Good for ALL?

good book: Amazon.com: Aftershock: The Next Economy and America's Future (9780307592811): Robert B. Reich: Books
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey