Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 07:13 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,408,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
PVS, Fair enough. So I will answer your question with another question. I see modern NJ politics as the inverse of politics on the federal level. Much like the Obama supporters are quick to point out on the federal level, we tried it the other way for 8 years and the situation just got progressively worse. So why not give "different" a try? If the democratic way failed in NJ (and it did), and you dont like The Christie administrations methods, what do you think WOULD work?
what democrat way failed? there have been republicans mixed in over the past couple decades. no one did math. they didn't fund the pensions and they didn't fund the benefits. they assumed higher returns than are even remotely reasonable assumptions. republicans AND democrats. yes, spending needs to be cut. but that isn't the only side of the equation.

"Finally, the state will pay close to $3 billion this year in health care premiums for public employees (including retired teachers), and that number is rising fast. New Jersey has set aside exactly zero dollars to cover it. All told, in pensions and health care benefits, New Jersey’s “unfunded liability” — that is, the amount the actuaries say it would need to find in order to meet its obligations for the next 30 years — has now passed the $100 billion mark."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
AnesthesiaMD ... I've said it before on these forums many months ago. Basically, I feel I have not seen an honest race between two good candidates in decades. I am completely non-partisan. Even if there are THREE candidates, none of them are worth ANY votes, IMO.

We never get nominees from either party who are creative, fair, and intelligent. Each one works to enhance the riches of his or her rich friends. All of the are bought and paid for by the corporations, and those corporations (and their owners) are the only "people" he rules are "made for", and who benefit.

"Of, By and For the People" died a long time ago, unfortunately.
all i knew in the last election was that i knew i didn't want to vote for corzine and i was pretty certain i didn't want to vote for christie. awesome choice. haha

Old 02-27-2011, 07:15 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
what democrat way failed? there have been republicans mixed in over the past couple decades. no one did math. they didn't fund the pensions and they didn't fund the benefits. they assumed higher returns than are even remotely reasonable assumptions. republicans AND democrats. yes, spending needs to be cut. but that isn't the only side of the equation.
this is why the answer is to drastically reduce politicians ability to spend money. do this by reducing taxes and no allowing the government to issue debt. a politicians job is basically to dole out our money to those who would help them best to get wealthy and continue winning elections. you take away their power to spend and you get a better government.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Catholic School.

Parents paid tuition.

I worked during High School to help pay the tuition.

Never went to college.

Thank you for being a viable member of society.
good job. i hope you had a private road you guys paid for yourselves to get you to school.

i also did catholic school through high school, and private college, worked since i was 13 to help.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
good job. i hope you had a private road you guys paid for yourselves to get you to school.

i also did catholic school through high school, and private college, worked since i was 13 to help.
Good for you.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
palin is not my number one pick but id happily vote for her. not only does she want to be a real conservative but liberals hate her guts. they would flip if she was the nominee.

if romney is the candidate right now i want to say that i wont vote for him.
liberals don't hate her, they are astonished by her stupidity. palin is truly amazingly stupid. unless it's all an act to keep the spotlight on her. her and bachman should run on the same ticket, nothing would guarantee an obama second term better.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this is why the answer is to drastically reduce politicians ability to spend money. do this by reducing taxes and no allowing the government to issue debt. a politicians job is basically to dole out our money to those who would help them best to get wealthy and continue winning elections. you take away their power to spend and you get a better government.
i'd like to start by making them follow simple accounting rules, like NY state is starting to.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:21 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
liberals don't hate her, they are astonished by her stupidity. palin is truly amazingly stupid. unless it's all an act to keep the spotlight on her. her and bachman should run on the same ticket, nothing would guarantee an obama second term better.
As far as stupidity, have you looked at maxine waters and charlie rangel?

Old 02-27-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
good for you.
:d

Old 02-27-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
As far as stupidity, have you looked at maxine waters and charlie rangel?
maxine....i'd give her a slightly better grade on stupidity than rangel. but don't know enough about her stupidity (just followed it on the surface in the media). rangel...ugghh. don't get me started on that d-bag and the what, 80%, vote he got to go back or something? crap...maybe palin could win. rangel is a 1st class a-hole in my book. gotta love the public flogging we gave him though. ohhh, the humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey