Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I bet the top 5% has like 60% of the wealth or more. How much more can the middle class support you??
So what?

Nobody supports me but me.

I know that's a difficult concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 09:20 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So what?

Nobody supports me but me.

I know that's a difficult concept.
On the federal level we're paying some of the lowest tax rates in decades. Guess where that's inevitably going? Hope your accountant is working OT

Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
On the federal level we're paying some of the lowest tax rates in decades. Guess where that's inevitably going? Hope your accountant is working OT
He does okay by me!

Look at the property tax rates, sales tax rates, state income tax rates, etc.

As I've stated many times.

I pay more in taxes than most of you earn.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
He does okay by me!

OTOH just about anywhere else in the developed world you'd REALLY, REALLY be getting gouged by the govt. The Beatles fled England because their tax rate was something ridiculous like 88%. You're nowhere in that neighborhood.

35% federal is still damn good when it was 39% 10 years ago and way higher 30-40 yrs back. The rich have had it good. I wouldn't b*tch. It's never going to be this good again, trust me.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
OTOH just about anywhere else in the developed world you'd REALLY, REALLY be getting gouged by the govt. The Beatles fled England because their tax rate was something ridiculous like 88%. You're nowhere in that neighborhood.
Would it make you feel better if I were?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Would it make you feel better if I were?
I'd applaud your shared sacrifice along with the elderly who haven't gotten SS increases for 2 years and the poor slobs who will be kicked off of Medicare soon. You're helping your fellow citizens.

Fortunately for you, Christie is a rich suburbanite who talks about shared sacrifice but doesn't practice it. He's a lawyer. If his lips are moving he's lying or eating his 3rd cheeseburger of the day

Old 02-25-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I'd applaud your shared sacrifice along with the elderly who haven't gotten SS increases for 2 years and the poor slobs who will be kicked off of Medicare soon. You're helping your fellow citizens.

Fortunately for you, Christie is a rich suburbanite who talks about shared sacrifice but doesn't practice it. He's a lawyer. If his lips are moving he's lying or eating his 3rd cheeseburger of the day
We have an in-law suite.

My in-laws live with us.

I do my part.

They are and always will be well taken care of.

Even though they are roosevelt democrats!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:03 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
I bet the top 5% has like 60% of the wealth or more. How much more can the middle class support you and your elaborate tax shelters and paltry 15% capital gains rate??
Has the wealth?

It just "fell" in their laps, they didn't earn it? Never lifted a finger? They don't deserve what they make in a day because someone else doesn't?

How is the middle class supporting tax shelters and capital gains taxes? Who is investing the money to sustain the funds (or the economy/stock market) from which the capital gains taxes are garnered from?

The "poor me" crowd who wants those "millionaires" to spread the wealth around is getting really whiney.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
He does okay by me!

+10. Can't rep you again.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:14 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
The right in this country would have you believe that the rich are collecting welfare.
No, the rich are FUNDING welfare, and they'd rather not. Can you blame them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey