Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:45 PM

18,471 posts, read 15,259,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Hey baba, i agree w/ this.
#1 gradually
#2 can't wait
#3 the free ride is over,
I agree these combinations of things would balance the fed. budget.
What free ride? You are talking about the people who already pay the majority of the taxes. You have it reversed. Everyone else is already getting a free ride off these people. It's just slightly less of a free ride now than it was under Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,631,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What free ride? You are talking about the people who already pay the majority of the taxes. You have it reversed. Everyone else is already getting a free ride off these people. It's just slightly less of a free ride now than it was under Clinton.
A combination of things would solve the budget crisis as Baba has stated. I'm in agreement w/ him. It's been posted in numerous articles that the more well to do have been paying lower taxes compared to years ago. Please don't ask for me to dig up the articles. My point being a combination of cuts, getting the heck out of the wars, and letting the Bush cuts expire like they should have would be a good thing, increase taxes on capital gains. Christie let the income tax rate roll back on the wealthy after it expired, so Obama should do the same thing. It can't be one way or the other, thats why nothing ever gets done. I'm basically saying I wouldn't lose sleep over it, as i would be getting taxed more also.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:37 PM

18,471 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
A combination of things would solve the budget crisis as Baba has stated. I'm in agreement w/ him. It's been posted in numerous articles that the more well to do have been paying lower taxes compared to years ago. Please don't ask for me to dig up the articles. My point being a combination of cuts, getting the heck out of the wars, and letting the Bush cuts expire like they should have would be a good thing, increase taxes on capital gains. Christie let the income tax rate roll back on the wealthy after it expired, so Obama should do the same thing. It can't be one way or the other, thats why nothing ever gets done. I'm basically saying I wouldn't lose sleep over it, as i would be getting taxed more also.
You know what would really help then? Letting ALL the Bush tax cuts expire. Not just the wealthy, but everybody. I mean, as long as we are trying to be fiscally responsible and all.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,367,187 times
Quote:
You know what would really help then? Letting ALL the Bush tax cuts expire. Not just the wealthy, but everybody. I mean, as long as we are trying to be fiscally responsible and all.
I firmly agree with this, Anesthesia. Miracles never cease, I guess. I don't think folks in the USA (NONE of them) pay what needs to be paid to have the services, infrastructure, and security, we all want and need.

In addition........

I am FOR cutting the warfare crap. Get the troops home ... from Iraq, Afganistan, Libya, South Korea, Germany, and any other place that's not the USA. We need these guys to defend US, nobody else.

I am FOR placing an EQUAL tax on all. Yes, ALL!

I am FOR lowering the tax rates, but eliminating ALL the loopholes and deductions (including mortgage and deductions for state/local property taxes) from federal tax statements.

I am FOR taxing corporations as if they were individuals, and again, eliminating all the loopholes/deductions, capital gains, etc.

I am FOR replacing "Income" tax with an "Asset" tax. You own it ... you pay an annual tax. Doesn't matter if it's here in the USA or on another shore.

I am FOR the legalization (and heavy taxation) on Marijuana (on a federal AND state level), and the release of all prisoners who are currently incarcerated for this one offense. From what I've read, this is upwards of 20% of all prisoners in the USA (don't know if that stat is accurate, but it doesn't matter). This would also eliminate the tax burden of law enforcement in this area, and rip a big part of the backbone out of organized crime, which includes all the pharmaceutical industries (yes, they're part of organized crime, IMO).

I am FOR enforcing illegal immigration laws, and getting these a$$h0les out of our SS, medical, and other "entitlements".

I am FOR the elimination of many laws that allow people to sue for things that they carelessly do to themselves (tripping on pavement, OD'ing on over-the-counter drugs, and other baseless lawsuits).

I am FOR the government coming down hard on the pharm industry, and its enormous payments to execs, and cost of drugs here in the states (esp when they send the SAME drugs to other countries for a fraction of the price).

I am FOR the elimination of Insurance companies from the medical care industry. These a$$h0les have had their heyday. Time to pay the piper. The inclusion of them has done nothing but drive up costs for everyone.

I am FOR heavy taxation on ANY corporation that moves jobs overseas, at the expense of American workers.

I am FOR a 4-day, 10-hours-a-day workweek, that would stagger employees' reporting days, so that the company can be OPEN 5-days a week, but each employee chooses a day of the week to be off. This would help the commutation times of all (and pollution and fuel usage), as up to 20% could be off the roads and public transit during rush hours.

On a NJ level, I am AGAINST the Abbott School District rules and costs. Let each community pay what it can to afford the level of services they can provide.

I am AGAINST making NJT and other public agency employees pay for their own services. You help run the highways, rails, tunnels and bridges, you get the perks of using them for free. This would have 0.00% impact on anybody's budget, and is just they way it should be. Look at ANY agencies worldwide, and you'll see this is the case. CC's vision here is nothing but a political ploy. (Sorry ... didn't want to bring him up, but his ideas here are absolutely ridiculous, and are only for his own aggrandizement).

I am FOR an examination of teacher tenure, and finding a way to make teachers' jobs secure, while at the same time finding a way to weed out the ineffectual teachers.

Anyway, I guess I could go on, but I've got to get to bed. While I'm really not into debating these points, I AM interested in hearing what others think of them. My time online is not as great as many of you, who seem to be here all day and night (How DO you "guys" do it?). So while I'll try to follow up with this post, I might not be able to keep up. Please forgive me for that.

Good night Anesthesia, and all.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
I firmly agree with this, Anesthesia. Miracles never cease, I guess. I don't think folks in the USA (NONE of them) pay what needs to be paid to have the services, infrastructure, and security, we all want and need.

In addition........

I am FOR cutting the warfare crap. Get the troops home ... from Iraq, Afganistan, Libya, South Korea, Germany, and any other place that's not the USA. We need these guys to defend US, nobody else.

I am FOR placing an EQUAL tax on all. Yes, ALL!

I am FOR lowering the tax rates, but eliminating ALL the loopholes and deductions (including mortgage and deductions for state/local property taxes) from federal tax statements.

I am FOR taxing corporations as if they were individuals, and again, eliminating all the loopholes/deductions, capital gains, etc.

I am FOR replacing "Income" tax with an "Asset" tax. You own it ... you pay an annual tax. Doesn't matter if it's here in the USA or on another shore.

I am FOR the legalization (and heavy taxation) on Marijuana (on a federal AND state level), and the release of all prisoners who are currently incarcerated for this one offense. From what I've read, this is upwards of 20% of all prisoners in the USA (don't know if that stat is accurate, but it doesn't matter). This would also eliminate the tax burden of law enforcement in this area, and rip a big part of the backbone out of organized crime, which includes all the pharmaceutical industries (yes, they're part of organized crime, IMO).

I am FOR enforcing illegal immigration laws, and getting these a$$h0les out of our SS, medical, and other "entitlements".

I am FOR the elimination of many laws that allow people to sue for things that they carelessly do to themselves (tripping on pavement, OD'ing on over-the-counter drugs, and other baseless lawsuits).

I am FOR the government coming down hard on the pharm industry, and its enormous payments to execs, and cost of drugs here in the states (esp when they send the SAME drugs to other countries for a fraction of the price).

I am FOR the elimination of Insurance companies from the medical care industry. These a$$h0les have had their heyday. Time to pay the piper. The inclusion of them has done nothing but drive up costs for everyone.

I am FOR heavy taxation on ANY corporation that moves jobs overseas, at the expense of American workers.

I am FOR a 4-day, 10-hours-a-day workweek, that would stagger employees' reporting days, so that the company can be OPEN 5-days a week, but each employee chooses a day of the week to be off. This would help the commutation times of all (and pollution and fuel usage), as up to 20% could be off the roads and public transit during rush hours.

On a NJ level, I am AGAINST the Abbott School District rules and costs. Let each community pay what it can to afford the level of services they can provide.

I am AGAINST making NJT and other public agency employees pay for their own services. You help run the highways, rails, tunnels and bridges, you get the perks of using them for free. This would have 0.00% impact on anybody's budget, and is just they way it should be. Look at ANY agencies worldwide, and you'll see this is the case. CC's vision here is nothing but a political ploy. (Sorry ... didn't want to bring him up, but his ideas here are absolutely ridiculous, and are only for his own aggrandizement).

I am FOR an examination of teacher tenure, and finding a way to make teachers' jobs secure, while at the same time finding a way to weed out the ineffectual teachers.

Anyway, I guess I could go on, but I've got to get to bed. While I'm really not into debating these points, I AM interested in hearing what others think of them. My time online is not as great as many of you, who seem to be here all day and night (How DO you "guys" do it?). So while I'll try to follow up with this post, I might not be able to keep up. Please forgive me for that.

Good night Anesthesia, and all.
This post is an incredibly confused hodgepodge of freedom and statism, with the statism sections simply based on arbitrary personal preference. It is completely lacking in a coherent and consistent basic philosophy. As a result it cannot be debated, there is just no rhyme or reason to any of it.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
That is exactly what I meant. The free ride is over for everybody. Poor, middle class and wealthy.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:25 AM

PVS that sounds like a campaign speech. Watch out Donald. LOL

Old 04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
pvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
This post is an incredibly confused hodgepodge of freedom and statism, with the statism sections simply based on arbitrary personal preference. It is completely lacking in a coherent and consistent basic philosophy. As a result it cannot be debated, there is just no rhyme or reason to any of it.
A well-written and predictably condescending reply, Marc. But I know, you think taxes should be voluntary (LOL)

Anyway, thanks for the "interesting" POV.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
pvs

Quote:
PVS that sounds like a campaign speech. Watch out Donald. LOL
You betcha, JM!

As for the Don ... Yup - he'd better watch out.
I don't believe he was born. Period.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:50 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,875 times
Quote:
Agreed. I am for paying more taxes even though I am far from rich if it would solve our countries problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey