Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 09:29 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you dont have your own individual identity. your persona is a complete imitation. you are like those emo kids who get the same haircut and have the same depressing attitude. you dress according to a certain music style and you speak according to a certain speaking style that you took from other people.
so then how am i supposed to dress or talk if this is the typa culture i adopted? id be faking if i wudnt, even so i dont jus look at eryone or the latest hip hop trends and follow it, i dont imitate, i innovate, if u wan talk about imitate, thats U cuz u too scared to do anyth others will perceive as weird or uncivil so u stay in a boring box, ur a pawn
"its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be, but not ME"

N.W.A. - Express Yourself - YouTube
Quote:
realistically, he doesnt seem like much of an over achiever even if he was speaking perfect english. i dont really like to directly insult people (partially because it isnt necessarily their fault and low intelligence people can still live happy and productive lives). my method is to do it indirectly so when they insult me i come off as the better person. i remember once a while back he posted something questioning his clothing and speaking style and whether it was something that would hold him back (at least thats how i remember it). i appreciated that he was asking and maybe considering changing to better himself. but he clearly had no interest in changing just justifying his ridiculous choices.
lol@this, i gotta say-people who keep bragging about their smarts (esp online) are usually the dumb ones
on top of that u keep braggin about yo work success, women sucess, how ur mature, got employees, seems like u jus tryin to impress YOURSELF first and foremost, u need to adress your e-big shot wannabe persona and raise yo own self esteem b4 tryin to lecture strangers online
your "methods" are weaker than my knees during ejaculation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 01:09 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,878,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
It's very hard to take his content seriously when you can't decipher his posts without an Ebonics to English translator. It's like someone who rants forever in a post without paragraphs or punctuation. You glaze over after a bit.
I've had no problems understanding his posts. Maybe it's because I've had the web and texting for most of my life, but who knows. Anyway, as far as dialect goes, dismissing the way someone talks as just "Ebonics" is oversimplification. There is more to it than that.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
I've had no problems understanding his posts. Maybe it's because I've had the web and texting for most of my life, but who knows. Anyway, as far as dialect goes, dismissing the way someone talks as just "Ebonics" is oversimplification. There is more to it than that.
exactly
cuz many times u jus write whateva is easier/faster, to demand proper english on a forum is more ludicrous than Ludacris

Old 12-02-2012, 05:17 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
so then how am i supposed to dress or talk if this is the typa culture i adopted?
id recommend speaking english and depending on your own personality and opinions to be what makes you an individual. but you probably dont believe you are unique enough personalitywise so you have basically copied a manner from others. you are the opposite of an individual, you do nothing but follow others and act in a manner you think is "cool."

Old 12-02-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
id recommend speaking english and depending on your own personality and opinions to be what makes you an individual. but you probably dont believe you are unique enough personalitywise so you have basically copied a manner from others. you are the opposite of an individual, you do nothing but follow others and act in a manner you think is "cool."
id recommend u to not recommend, lames' opinions dont count
u claim ur an adult, yet u keep tryin to start with me like i hurt yo little e-feelings or someth, esp that these threads have noth to do with discussin how i talk or dont talk, yet u keep on babblin...
this borderline troll behavior makes u look stupid and desperate for attention so hop off son, b4 u get sonned even more
stay mad tho...

Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 PM

from this point on, lemm stick to the topic tho, as shud eryone else
is there any newer burbs in northern jers with newer housing that have a reasonable rail commute to nyc?

Old 12-02-2012, 06:31 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
from this point on, lemm stick to the topic tho, as shud eryone else
is there any newer burbs in northern jers with newer housing that have a reasonable rail commute to nyc?
NJ is becoming dense even in the exurbs...so you either need to accept it or move out of the state or the Northeast..

Old 12-02-2012, 06:34 PM

u keep tellin me to move, bruh, i kno i can move
im tryin to see all the options b4 i do tho

Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times

Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM

i c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey