Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 04:55 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
either way,
i aks this again
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
White-collar professionals are far from absent.

But, white-collar professionals would ASK, rather than, "aks", a question.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 05:01 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Hey now! Before I lost my Bayonne accent, I would "AX" a question!!

Old 11-30-2012, 05:09 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
I am pretty clear on the NE part 'cause that's where I live, and it's the opposite of the things I listed. I am trying to get educated on all the other areas now. Which parts/counties are not so crowded, have little traffic and cheaper new construction homes with big lots and basically look like average America? I don't mean a home in the middle of nowhere in the field, but something more rural than a typical NE NJ suburb, a lot of which wouldn't even be considered suburbs in other parts of the country, but instead cities, considering how dense they are.
Anyway, I am guessing the NW, Central and parts of South would be it? I figure South might be kinda congested too where it's close to Philly?
South south jersey, aka Delaware.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:09 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Hey now! Before I lost my Bayonne accent, I would "AX" a question!!
Really?
I was born in Brooklyn, and grew up in Bayonne, and I never "axed" anyone a question.
But, then again, my mother was a stickler for proper grammar and pronunciation, so that probably helped me.

But, in any event, you clearly know better at this point in your life, as does anyone who is interested in succeeding in the dog-eat-dog job market.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:00 PM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times
Quote:

You're generously assuming this guy isn't at least partially yanking your chain.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
either way,
i aks this again
its really adorable when my employees do that "aks" thing. what bothered me was when a girl we became friends with in brooklyn would say "aks." she has a good family and is doing well as a nurse, it was beneath her to talk like that. but i guess that can come with living in brooklyn if you mix with certain folks.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
You're generously assuming this guy isn't at least partially yanking your chain.
he has been around enough for me to know he isnt yanking anyone's chain but his own. he is a character. i find him entertaining but i think he is handicapping himself in life.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
South south jersey, aka Delaware.
True, but he doesn't want to hear that.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Really?
I was born in Brooklyn, and grew up in Bayonne, and I never "axed" anyone a question.
But, then again, my mother was a stickler for proper grammar and pronunciation, so that probably helped me.

But, in any event, you clearly know better at this point in your life, as does anyone who is interested in succeeding in the dog-eat-dog job market.

My brother and I were both "axers". LOL. My parents were pretty strict too (my dad was on Jeopardy! , he was quite smart), but the accent was thick. I was forced to take speech therapy in college. Between that and getting out of Bayonne, people now can't believe I live in NJ based on my speech. Same with my brother.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:51 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Quote:
u get it lol the more they trip about it, the more they gon see it
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
he has been around enough for me to know he isnt yanking anyone's chain but his own. he is a character. i find him entertaining but i think he is handicapping himself in life.
well u kno, im jus tryin to get that parking permit so i can park near the store entrance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
True, but he doesn't want to hear that.
true, thats like movin to philly, which i am actually considering too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey