Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Unfortunatly, I'll have to come there and stay at a hotel. I'm surely not a witch. It's not until next year but I have no idea what restaurants are in that area. That is where his fiance lives.

Diane

I thought all this was down the tubes because the honey did not want to leave our beloved NJ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 09:10 AM

142 posts, read 537,287 times
I never buy from the local bakeries here in NE PA where I currently live. The stuff all tastes the same...like sweet sawdust paste.

I have to admit that North Jersey has far better tasting food and it has been at least a dozen times that I drove 200 miles (roundtrip) to raid the bakeries. One local woman in Jersey was aggravated when I ran inside and beat her to the linzer tarts. (I emptied the tray) The best thing to do when when driving distance is a problem is to buy as much as possible and bag the cookies in an air tight bag and freeze them. That way you have a 2 month supply.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:35 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
"I must spread some more reputation around before giving it to Jer-Z again". Sigh. In the interim, I present to you the best sandwich from the best restaurant on Gods green earth, the White House Sub Shop in Atlantic City:

I love green chile enchiladas, southern BBQ, Meat & 3, etc, however, they take a back seat to this. Nothing approaches this. This is what I ask for right before the warden throws the switch.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh mama mia. "This is what I ask for right before the warden throws the switch," LOLOLOL!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseybt View Post
I never buy from the local bakeries here in NE PA where I currently live. The stuff all tastes the same...like sweet sawdust paste.

I have to admit that North Jersey has far better tasting food and it has been at least a dozen times that I drove 200 miles (roundtrip) to raid the bakeries. One local woman in Jersey was aggravated when I ran inside and beat her to the linzer tarts. (I emptied the tray) The best thing to do when when driving distance is a problem is to buy as much as possible and bag the cookies in an air tight bag and freeze them. That way you have a 2 month supply.
That reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the marble rye!

Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,719,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
Congratulations! When is the wedding? You'll be parking your broom in Jersey for a spell, I guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post

Stop!!! I'm choking here
KARMA, KARMA, come back to you HARD!
Stop the caddy high school girl comments! Seriously, I thought y'all were better than that.
As far as the food in NJ. I agree, it's the best! So much diversity, so much to choose from. I REEEALLY miss it! Especially REAL italian subs. I love living in NC, but no one, not event the Northern transplants, know how to make a good sub around here!

Old 09-28-2007, 11:15 AM

329 posts, read 1,443,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Stop the caddy high school girl comments! Seriously, I thought y'all were better than that.
Sorry, I guess I'm not. Lighten up, will ya..was meant in playful fun.And written well beyond my bed time. Sorry Diane if I offended you, but it didn't appear that you were. Just what NJ needs ..another transpant stirring the cauldron, ..oops pot. And I double your "KARMA, KARMA..comment.."

Old 09-28-2007, 11:52 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,719,146 times
Quote:
Sorry, I guess I'm not. Lighten up, will ya..was meant in playful fun.And written well beyond my bed time. Sorry Diane if I offended you, but it didn't appear that you were. Just what NJ needs ..another transpant stirring the cauldron, ..oops pot. And I double your "KARMA, KARMA..comment.."
Divisive is spelled with an "s", not a "c". But, thanks. Have a great day!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
As far as the food in NJ. I agree, it's the best! So much diversity, so much to choose from. I REEEALLY miss it! Especially REAL italian subs. I love living in NC, but no one, not event the Northern transplants, know how to make a good sub around here!
Laugh a little...

Old 09-28-2007, 02:08 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,631,063 times
Quote:
I hear ya! The problem is they can't get the right bread for a good sub like in the old days. I can't stand anything a "chain" has to offer be it Quizno's, Olive Garden, etc. Does anyone remember Jimmy Buff's hot dogs? Were they not the BEST? The original store in Irvinton just closed last year. West Orange and I think it's Watchung still remain.
I think the Irvington store is still open, It's was on Springfield Ave The Olive Garden is trying to get approval to move into Freehold on the current Jersey Freeze site. There are many people up in arms about the owners of Jersey Freeze selling out. Seems like he has a very valuable site for a chain restaurant and the plus is that he also holds a liquor license in the Borough. I agree with you, I have no need for chain restaurants especially when you can get better food at a local mom and pop restaurant at the same price.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:19 PM

329 posts, read 1,443,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I think the Irvington store is still open, It's was on Springfield Ave The Olive Garden is trying to get approval to move into Freehold on the current Jersey Freeze site. There are many people up in arms about the owners of Jersey Freeze selling out. Seems like he has a very valuable site for a chain restaurant and the plus is that he also holds a liquor license in the Borough. I agree with you, I have no need for chain restaurants especially when you can get better food at a local mom and pop restaurant at the same price.
Springfield Ave. right next to Kless diner.... Remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey