Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:47 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,192,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So...peace back atcha. I have to go too...I get power-posting pockets here and there but then I have to be scarce to do my usual thing. Got my finger exercise done; now it's back to the real fun of running a household. (At least I don't have to spend a lot of housecleaning time scrubbing windows...that definitely helps.)
Yeah, be gentle on those poor quality acrylic nails, don't think you wanna trek it to TN for a fill-in, would ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 05:30 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I think the Irvington store is still open, It's was on Springfield Ave The Olive Garden is trying to get approval to move into Freehold on the current Jersey Freeze site. There are many people up in arms about the owners of Jersey Freeze selling out. Seems like he has a very valuable site for a chain restaurant and the plus is that he also holds a liquor license in the Borough. I agree with you, I have no need for chain restaurants especially when you can get better food at a local mom and pop restaurant at the same price.
Oh That's too bad, I liked Jersey Freeze. Olive Garden is chain Italian, and not very good. I only eat the Soup and Salad from there.
Diane

Old 09-28-2007, 05:34 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,697,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Is it wrong to admit that I became mildly aroused while looking at those two pieces of edible art?
OMG. LOLOLOLOLOL - i can't think of anything witty to say, i'm laughing too hard.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:41 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,697,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I know some of you have it in for DianeGiam, or whatever her name is. But don't you see, she's getting a rise out of you! Just ignore for goodness sakes and keep pluggin' the great info you've given before (at times).
I'll admit at first she really got under my skin. But honestly, now? i'm kinda growing fond of old diane - she's really making this board fun. i truly look forward to coming here to see what stream of consciousness and little nuggets of wisdom will come out of her fingertips. (don't ever repeat i said this... )

Old 09-28-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Stmaarten, honestly, I was not talking about you. And I definitely didn't tell you to go to your board...I do think it's a little weird that so many southerners come on the NJ board specifically to compare how great they have it now. It's just...weird. I mean if you're happy...you are...and you don't have to keep being aggressive toward other people at how horrible "they" have it. To me, that says the person isn't actually happy where she is, and that she's just trying to convince herself. I will tell you one thing, though. Psychology or no, it's flarkin' annoying! (Again, not talking about you, in fact it's weird, I don't actually remember you...?)

As to getting a rise, yeah, probably. We're having just as much fun giving it back, though. So it's all good. The internet is a time-killer, basically; we're not curing cancer here. It's just for killing a little boredom at certain times of the day.

So...peace back atcha. I have to go too...I get power-posting pockets here and there but then I have to be scarce to do my usual thing. Got my finger exercise done; now it's back to the real fun of running a household. (At least I don't have to spend a lot of housecleaning time scrubbing windows...that definitely helps.)
Trust me, I'm very happy here! I doubt your qualified to analyze me
I clean myself , I don't like how others clean, but windows I hire someone. Besides some of these are very high.
Remember I do have family in NJ, Old Bridge, Rockaway, Lincoln Pk, Sayerville and Summit.
I'm older than ya'all so I have the right to some Luxury.When we retired we were going to leave anyway, so thought it would be better to leave when my daughter had no roots in NJ. Her friends she will see. One visited this summer.
I also felt I had to move, I could no loner live in that house after the remediation, to many bad memories
Diane

Old 09-28-2007, 05:54 PM

90 posts, read 362,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I'll admit at first she really got under my skin. But honestly, now? i'm kinda growing fond of old diane - she's really making this board fun. i truly look forward to coming here to see what stream of consciousness and little nuggets of wisdom will come out of her fingertips. (don't ever repeat i said this... )
LOL, I feel the same way! I don't post much as I have very little "living in Jersey" experience yet, but I do have a darn good time reading her posts and the hilarity that ensues.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:35 PM

687 posts, read 3,252,360 times
Quote:
Totally. Even if she thinks I'm a budding snob.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:43 PM

687 posts, read 3,252,360 times
Quote:
Anyone know a good Italian Restaurant in Monroe/ Jamesburg, will need it for my son's rehersal dinner? I really don't know restaurants in that area. All I can come up with is Nomma's in Marlboro.
Not in Monroe, but what about Sam Vera in Marlboro? I think that'd be a better locale than Nonna's for a rehearsal dinner. Nonna's is so loud.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:49 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,388,885 times
There's a place in Monroe (or at least there was) called Villa Liberte that was very good. If it's still there, it's worth checking out. My sister had her rehearsal dinner there.

Bob

Old 09-28-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
There's a place in Monroe (or at least there was) called Villa Liberte that was very good. If it's still there, it's worth checking out. My sister had her rehearsal dinner there.

Bob
Thank's i'll check both out.
I am so not a snob. When new members join the New Neighbors League I look to befriend the ones that are the most down to earth.
My daughter met new friends in college that live on Farms. She brought them home today for lunch, Very Nice Girls!

Diane

Last edited by Diane Giam; 09-28-2007 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey