Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 06:44 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,450,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
So you had no insurance either for a BMW and Mercedes. This is turning into a poor me drama from someone that brags about going to a private beach that doesn't let anyone else on it.

Unfortunately I had regular car insurance on my BMW and Denalli I got paid out like everyone else at this depreciated value that did not take into account the really low miles and how mint they were.

My Mercedes I had an 'agreed upon value" policy which are hard to get. We pre-aggreed on a value and I get paid that aggreed upon value in the event car is total regardless of condition or milage. That I got full market price.

I got more money back in Sandy for my Cars than my house.

I think the FEMA payouts is a big scam. FEMA told me so. They gave me an example how they duped people after Katrina into taking 30K grants if they got flood insurance and gave them an SBA loan to finish work for parts not covered by FEMA, Flood insurance turned out to be 3K a year. Starting 2015 these guys will have paid back 100% of Fema grant in insurance payments and stuck paying 3k a year for life. Even bigger kick in pants NFIP has no reserve fund. They spend what they get and are only solvent a few more years. These folks may have NFIP collaspe before the next flood like Katrina. Add in the interest on the SBA loan and these folks got bad govt cheese.

My other issue is the lifetime of my home requirement to have flood insurance. I could sell my house to a nice young couple who have a mortgage, they move on in a few years sell it to another couple who lives there whole life, pays off 30 year mortgage and in their 90s a flood happens and FEMA comes down block and says some guy named SandyJet who lived here 80 years ago used your once in a lifetmie FEMA check.

It happend to an old lady near me whose prior owner got a FEMA grant in Hurricanne Gloria and she bought the trade down home cash in the mid 90s and come Sandy FEMA refused to help her. How was she to know house had water damage in 1985?

Either way they should abolish FEMA and Flood insurance. Let homeowners and Charities pick up slack. Flood Insurance only exists to protect Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as they want to make sure their collateral is protected in case of a flood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
sandyJet says

I think the FEMA payouts is a big scam. FEMA told me so

If it is a scam why did you take,and accept the money. That makes you a scammer. So you were paid for your home and BMW that were not insured properly. Yes, I do call that some sort of scam. Enjoy your private beach while I pack up to go to our(everybodys) beach in Spring Lake.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:35 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Doesn't anyone find it curious during the week a lot of these Benny haters clog the Parkway north for their $$$$ jobs in NORTH JERSEY? Maybe we need a term for these locals who have zero problems infesting North Jersey during the week for the money (Jersey Man and MQ excluded )

Old 07-15-2014, 07:38 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Doesn't anyone find it curious during the week a lot of these Benny haters clog the Parkway north for their $$$$ jobs in NORTH JERSEY? Maybe we need a term for these locals who have zero problems infesting North Jersey during the week for the money (Jersey Man and MQ excluded )
Great Idea they are as bad as the Pennsy people cloggin 80. Plus the Benny haters love the Benny money

Old 07-15-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Great Idea they are as bad as the Pennsy people cloggin 80. Plus the Benny haters love the Benny money
Don't get my husband started on that.

We were on 80E yesterday AM around 9:15AM - and it was backed up 13 miles b/c of the 287 debacle. Oy.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:51 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I pay $45 for a season badge. It's worth it to me.
I know some towns a resident badge is cheaper than buying one at the beach. $45 for the season is not bad at all

Old 07-15-2014, 09:37 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
You serious I repaired home for like 50k my neighbors same damage 130k

Actually if I had insurance would have cost you guys and extra 80k!!!

I lost my Mercedes and BMW in sandy it was my own personal Vietnam
I got an idea. Why don't you float 50 clicks up the Mekong and find out what Col. Kurtz is up to?

Old 07-15-2014, 10:14 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,450,810 times
Quote:
sandyJet says

I think the FEMA payouts is a big scam. FEMA told me so

If it is a scam why did you take,and accept the money. That makes you a scammer. So you were paid for your home and BMW that were not insured properly. Yes, I do call that some sort of scam. Enjoy your private beach while I pack up to go to our(everybodys) beach in Spring Lake.

I got scammed by FEMA. FEMA immediately after SANDY sent everyone on block checks for $3,700 for housing assistance folks with flood and without flood. Assumption everyone house on my block unliivable.
I called FEMA number attched to find a hotel. From there they sent inspector to my house I signed a few forms in front of inspector and got rest of funds. No backsies. Like a timeshare. Is what it is. And I got no hotel room either, just a ploy.

Spring Lake beachs are not free!!! They are ten bucks a person, and do not allow coolers on beach, parking is tight. You have to drag your own chairs to sand. And cant even bring a bottle of soda with you.

That beach is expensive. All together I had 11 people at my beach two weeks ago and since I can bring guests in for free. it was a bargain. at ten bucks a person that would be $110 bucks.

Beaches that charge by car are only family friendly beaches. Any beach that charges by person is not family friendly.

I would say the best beach value is the Rockaways. Quick subway train ride to a free beach. Jersey beaches also lack public transportation which is an issue. Some beach towns have a free shuttle bus. I was in Delray Beach Florida last year and the beach was spotless and free and town had a free cab service you could call and pick you up and take you to restuarants and bar and the beach. It was great.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:21 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Default I got scammed by FEMA. FEMA immediately after SANDY sent everyone on block checks for $3,700

Sandy, your like a fly, go away. If FEMA sent you a check you had to make a claim. Go enjoy the private beach!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Sandy, your like a fly, go away. If FEMA sent you a check you had to make a claim. Go enjoy the private beach!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think I've ever seen a poster weave such bragging and whining in a single post so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey