Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 11:33 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,274,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I live by the beach for the last 20 years or so. Most of the "jerks" that use the word "bennies" are the dum locals that lived here all their life and most likely couldn't find North Jersey. I love when the summer tourists come down and liven the place up. These dopes even have bumper stickers on their cars" Bennies go home" or the best one says "local". If I see either one on a car first thing comes to mind is a toothless, dopey, jerk. If it wasn't for north jersey and west jersey and the fed. gubmint the shore area would be abandoned waterlogged shacks after sandy. So come on down, enjoy, have a great time and last but not least bring lots of money to support the local business. The same could be said of snowbirds when they go to florida in the winter.
In my summer/beach area, the majority of the summer tourists are from NYC. The locals call them Citiots. I say "them" because I don't live in NYC so they can't possibly be talking about me. It's the same deal though. Low IQ, inbreds who's pride themselves on how man generations back their family goes in the area. People who have such a low self esteem that they have to put others down to make them feel better about themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 02:22 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,456,557 times
Look out Atlantic Beach Estates on Long Island. That town has a resident only BEACH that is FREE. It is Right Next to Dirty Long Beach which has a public beach and beach tags.

Atlantic Beach Estates has zero commercial businesses, has zero non-resident parking, has a private resident only beach with a private clubhouse, private lockers, private pool, private bathrroms and even get this chair boy service and a private shuttle bus to personally drop off and pick up if you feel the one block walk is too far.

Its real estate values are WAY WAY high. Its taxes compared to Prices are low. There are no dirt, no litter, no noice and they dont even need their own police force.

Jersey is fairly stupid the day tripper crowd brings down property values and most VRBO and money spent at bars etc. get pocketed by owners who dont pay taxes and town gets stuck cleaning up and paying for police.

Take Belmare and let a few select on beach businesses stay, close every other business, close every grouper home, put up fence at beach and watch home values soar.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:53 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,636,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Look out Atlantic Beach Estates on Long Island. That town has a resident only BEACH that is FREE. It is Right Next to Dirty Long Beach which has a public beach and beach tags.

Atlantic Beach Estates has zero commercial businesses, has zero non-resident parking, has a private resident only beach with a private clubhouse, private lockers, private pool, private bathrroms and even get this chair boy service and a private shuttle bus to personally drop off and pick up if you feel the one block walk is too far.

Its real estate values are WAY WAY high. Its taxes compared to Prices are low. There are no dirt, no litter, no noice and they dont even need their own police force.

Jersey is fairly stupid the day tripper crowd brings down property values and most VRBO and money spent at bars etc. get pocketed by owners who dont pay taxes and town gets stuck cleaning up and paying for police.

Take Belmare and let a few select on beach businesses stay, close every other business, close every grouper home, put up fence at beach and watch home values soar.
I see, you want a private beach and town. But when your home flooded you begged FEMA(which is funded by us taxpayers) because you didn't buy flood insurance, as you have stated numerous times to come and fix your house. Now after (we) fixed your home you come on the NJ forum to call us idiots for letting people come to the beaches. Go back to your isolated cave in NY.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:37 PM

18,480 posts, read 15,274,958 times
Quote:
I see, you want a private beach and town. But when your home flooded you begged FEMA(which is funded by us taxpayers) because you didn't buy flood insurance, as you have stated numerous times to come and fix your house. Now after (we) fixed your home you come on the NJ forum to call us idiots for letting people come to the beaches. Go back to your isolated cave in NY.
I'm not sure why he keeps trying to sell us on this place. And he is not doing a very good job of it, because from the things he has said about it, this would be one of the last places I would want to live. Walls, security guards, fence hoppers, etc.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:42 PM

9,366 posts, read 13,028,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm not sure why he keeps trying to sell us on this place. And he is not doing a very good job of it, because from the things he has said about it, this would be one of the last places I would want to live. Walls, security guards, fence hoppers, etc.
I know. Even the snootiest clubs almost always allow their members to bring guests.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:

My Primary Home Flooded during Sandy NOT my Beach place. I bought my Beach place AFTER Sandy. The Beach place I bought had zero water. Only issue prior owner had was it has a small mechanical room which has hot water heater and it has a HVAC outside. That was replaced by flood insurance. But they had a non-subsidized policy and buiilding was built in 1979 and that was first claim ever. That policy is $1,200 a year for a house where you can see boardwalk from front lawn. Same price secondary as primary. It is not subsized or grandfathered. After 35 years of flood insurance owner only put in a 15K claim for the HVAC/Water Heater.

My Primary house which is nowhere near the beach got badly damaged in Sandy. House built 1954 never water and home never had flood insurance and I or prior owners never required to have it. For better or worse primary home owners with no flood insurance have a lot of options open to them in the event of a flood that second homeowners do not.

My primary the bad part is I now have to maintain flood insurance forever including all future owners. It devalues my house as even cash buyers are required to get flood insurance.

BTW I never begged FEMA, most of my block had no flood insurance, I was told to have a FEMA inspector come, some grouchy nasty guy from down south came by and inspected my house and he grunted and left. Two weeks later they ACH the money to me. I fronted the whole repair and bought the beach place and two new cars in next year. Cuomo came up wtih a program in NY to cover folks short changed by Insurance, earth movement, fema etc. I applied and in early 2014 NYS covered all my out of pocket repairs on my primary. Thank God I did not live in New Jersey. Christie sucks.

BTW tons of folks were buying beach homes after Sandy, my realtor had her best year ever in 2013 down at the beach. Sales have slowed down a lot. And most of her sales were not to investors. Mainly folks like me, who were looking pre-sandy had a good idea of price, who always wanted a beach place and wanted a bit of a discount.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:32 PM

SANDY JET SAID My primary the bad part is I now have to maintain flood insurance forever including all future owners. It devalues my house as even cash buyers are required to get flood insurance

No one told you to take the gubmint money. If you didn't take it you wouldn't be required to have flood insurance. So you're pissed that they now require you to have flood insurance for about a thousand a year after they paid a hundred to 2 hundred grand to fix up your whole house. All I can say is WOW.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,081,516 times
Quote:
SANDY JET SAID My primary the bad part is I now have to maintain flood insurance forever including all future owners. It devalues my house as even cash buyers are required to get flood insurance

No one told you to take the gubmint money. If you didn't take it you wouldn't be required to have flood insurance. So you're pissed that they now require you to have flood insurance for about a thousand a year after they paid a hundred to 2 hundred grand to fix up your whole house. All I can say is WOW.
SandyJet's a friggin WELFARE KING! Drives a Mercedes to Whole Foods (not FoodTown...ewww, what a dump) and whips out his food stamp card. "Nevermind gub'mint cheese...steak & crab legs for the whole family!"

Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:

You serious I repaired home for like 50k my neighbors same damage 130k

Actually if I had insurance would have cost you guys and extra 80k!!!

I lost my Mercedes and BMW in sandy it was my own personal Vietnam

Old 07-15-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
You serious I repaired home for like 50k my neighbors same damage 130k

Actually if I had insurance would have cost you guys and extra 80k!!!

I lost my Mercedes and BMW in sandy it was my own personal Vietnam
So you had no insurance either for a BMW and Mercedes. This is turning into a poor me drama from someone that brags about going to a private beach that doesn't let anyone else on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey