Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 02:00 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Well OK, but that is not a qualification for public office, at least in my opinion. Unfortunatey, a lot of famous men and effective politicians were estranged from their families.

He might have a good relationship with his kids but I would be surprised if he has great marital relationship with his wife. He is just too heavy...

You are kidding, right? I understand that several of CC current employees had to be fired or in process of being indicted because of the "Bridgegate" issue. He complains that he had no knowldge of the bridge closing but he is really not fooling anyone....

Compassion is important but again not a decisive quality in the politician. Unlike CC, Giuliani had guts, vision, was willing to take risks and did not care that he made a lot of people angry. His policies did make a difference. While CC did not really accomplish much, despite all of the theatrics.

I guess you don't realize that I am not a defender of CC, in any way, shape, or form.
Regarding his underlings who have departed, I should have said that they hadn't YET been convicted of any federal crimes.
As Fishman said, you have to wait for next season...

However, I am a fair-minded person, and compared to Giuliani, he is at least somewhat more pleasant.

Would I vote for CC?
Well, if Dogcatcher was an elected position, I would vote for him, just to see how he reacted to a few dog bites.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 02:50 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,668,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougandcarrie View Post
There is a first-time for everything. Who would have thought 20 years ago that we will ever have a black president?

Unfortunately, the current GOP candidate list is full of jokers and clowns.
There has been a black presidential candidate in just about every election since 1960. Barack Obama didn't just happen. There were a dozen other candidates who vied to earn the democrat or republican party nomination stretching back to Frederick Douglass in 1888! So 20-30 years ago I would tell you it's only a matter of time as we evolve a society that we will have a black president. Same holds true for a female president. I won't be surprised when there is one, I would be surprised if that woman is Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:23 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,591,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The pot he sitting on is starting to grow cobwebs. I do not think he will win the nomination based on his record here and the plans he has come up with so far.
Might be because he doesn't want anyone smoking it?

Old 06-29-2015, 04:28 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,591,010 times
Giuliani was not ever a honorable person. As soon as he left office as Mayor of the Apple and the presidency blew by he became a huckster trying to sell American highways to foreign investors. Mr "Anything For A Buck".

Old 06-29-2015, 05:35 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
does any-one remember Napolion Dynamite ?

Old 06-29-2015, 06:43 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
This guy shouldn't run for president. North Jersey governor Christie really dropped the ball when it came to our storm, too. Areas like Gibbstown were hit even harder... Gibbstown? Bet he's has never even heard of it.

Why haven't we seceded from this state already?

Old 06-29-2015, 07:21 PM

237 posts, read 482,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
I go by history and history says it will change. In the last 70+ years, no party has been able to retain the presidency when the sitting president of that party had an approval rating of less than 50%. Unless Obama can turn things around I'm betting on the GOP taking, FL, OH, VA and probably NV.
Reagan's approval rating was pretty similar to Obama's current approval rating at this point in '87 (high 40s, lows 50s - slightly better than Obama but not much), and George Bush got elected after him. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/...ty.php?pres=40

It could happen, especially considering there is no real front-runner in the Republican race thus far. It would be one thing if Obama was wildly unpopular the way George W. was in his later years, but he's stayed at a consistent middling level.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:30 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
The bottom line is this, a Republican is most likely going to be the next president. Who would you rather have Christie, Bush, Walker or Rubio?
If this were a forgone conclusion and my choice was only 1 of these 4...I'd swallow my bile and pull the lever for Christie - the devil you know and all that jazz.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:52 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
His campaign should be very interesting. Can't wait for someone to ask him what his accomplishments are as governor and what has he done to make NJ a better place to live.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:20 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Guiliani at least cleaned up nyc. Christie has done nothing for NJ. NJ lost a decade because of him. He doesn't care about Nj transit. He doesn't care about NJ cities. Atlantic City is totally mismanged. THe man is not a visionary. The would should be centered around NJ!

This is where the light bulb was invented.
I don't care about NJ Transit.

I don't work for it or use it.

Where's the money to "fix" it or "build that tunnel" or what the heck ever, supposed to come from? Raise NJ income taxes? Tax all food? Clothing? And the complaining that would ensue…please.

Don't whine about your commute when you choose to live outside of the state you work in. Move closer…sorry if you can't "afford" to, but that is your problem…not everyone else's.

Atlantic City has been falling down way before CC was elected. Let's get that straight. But again, how should AC be "fixed"? Through our tax dollars? Time to give it up and get over it. When Pennsyltucky can make it work and NJ can't? Time to bring in the bulldozers.

Where's the money to fix "NJ cities"? And how, exactly, does one "fix" a city? Give the corrupt powers that be and run those cities more $$$$$ to pee away? Newark's "school system" used Zuckerberg's $100M donation to fix/change what? And what is worse? The Newark PTB had to hire outside sources to figure out what Newark needed…to the tune of 10's of Millions. WTF is THAT about? How do you "run" a school system (and get a nice paycheck to do so) and not KNOW what is up or down or sideways?

Quote:
Between 2010 and 2012, The New Yorker reports that "more than twenty million dollars of Zuckerberg’s gift and matching donations went to consulting firms with various specialties: public relations, human resources, communications, data analysis, [and] teacher evaluation." Many of the consultants were being paid upwards of $1,000 a day.

“Everybody’s getting paid but Raheem still can’t read," Vivian Cox Fraser, president of the Urban League of Essex County, was quoted saying.

Today, the money is pretty much gone, and Newark has hardly become that symbol of excellence.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-...#ixzz3eWNxkZrI

The democrats that run Newark couldn't make it work/make a difference. Where did CC get a $100M donation to "help the state"?

No governor of NJ in the past 30 years has been able to make any headway in this state. Too many unions, too many whiners wanting what they "deserve" who are too dumb to do the math or follow along.

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-29-2015 at 11:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey