Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:38 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,316,979 times

Advertisements

Please don't insult God. I doubt God will have much to do with it. It's been a long time since NJ kicked him out. No, God didn't do this to us.

Better stated, democracy did it to us. The term originates from the Greek δημοκρατία (dēmokratía) "rule of the people", which was found from δῆμος (dêmos) "people" and κράτος (krátos) "power" — with the latter having the connotation of a ruthless power. Same root for the English word "crazy." So in short, "ruthless-powered people."

Yes; over fifty years of following the pied pipers of the aristocratic parties, We-the-People did it to ourselves! So what in democracy's name will North Jersey look like in twenty years?

Overpopulation within small areas is a serious problem in the New York Metropolitan area. But government policy is to cram more and more people into smaller and smaller spaces. Hmm... doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that's a bad idea.

But follow the money... the pied pipers convinced the ruthless-powered people that overpopulation in urban areas is a great idea! So now, they're cleaning house all the way to the bank while it takes you an hour for a ten-mile commute while mortgaging (or foregoing) your firstborn for an 800 square foot apartment.

No worries for "the poor" as they've voted themselves subsidies from the public treasury. The wealthy don't have to worry about getting their share of the revolving cash. It's the working middle class that gets pushed out. Good luck finding that skilled tradesman!

As for what that "final destruction" (although I dislike the term) may look like, we've killed the goose that laid the golden eggs. Think Detroit on a statewide basis. Declaring bankruptcy doesn't make you bankrupt. Declaration merely admits it.

Financial pros will make a fortune by shorting NJ bonds. Folks like Tepper will make billions all over again. Only this time, a portion won't be coming back to the state.

That's what North Jersey will look like in twenty years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 12:54 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Well,many NJ residents did move to other states,but the census does not count all former Nj residents who moved back.

Most of the ones i know who moved to other states moved back within 1 year-10 years.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
IMO the issue isn't lack of transportation into Manhattan as much as it's geography. It's difficult to get onto an island, there are only so many ways and unless we spend a lot of money and undergo a massive infrastructure change to add more tunnels and lanes, it won't improve.
What JerseyGirl415 said. I still remember the clueless would-be Jerseyan who came on here once looking for a town from which he could just "zip through" the Holland Tunnel to get to work in the city.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:36 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
20 yrs from now, one or two NJ town will become a major job centers and the areas surrounding it will grow in population density and it won't be in North NJ.

North NJ does not have any room nor infrastructure for commercial growth.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:51 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What JerseyGirl415 said. I still remember the clueless would-be Jerseyan who came on here once looking for a town from which he could just "zip through" the Holland Tunnel to get to work in the city.
Yup!
Those folks don't seem to realize that they would need a time machine to go along with a car in order to "zip through" the tunnel.

I can recall "zipping through" the Holland Tunnel in the late '60s, but that was on weekends. I think that, even 4 decades ago, there was at least some back-up at the toll booths on weekdays during commuting hours.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:49 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,870,328 times
I pray this this site and this thread are able to be found in 20 years. You know, after the final destruction.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:02 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
I pray this this site and this thread are able to be found in 20 years. You know, after the final destruction.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jaymoney again.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:19 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,981,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Old 05-10-2016, 09:21 AM

Default Tunnels are Funnels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Yup!
Those folks don't seem to realize that they would need a time machine to go along with a car in order to "zip through" the tunnel.

I can recall "zipping through" the Holland Tunnel in the late '60s, but that was on weekends. I think that, even 4 decades ago, there was at least some back-up at the toll booths on weekdays during commuting hours.

The tunnels have backed up since the day they were opened. It's a function of supply and demand.
When there are more consumers than room in the funnel, the price goes up — the price being time; the delay to get in.
At 3 a.m., low demand and adequate supply keeps the price of time cheap, allowing us to zip right through.

https://thisweekinhistoryblog.files....676f318704.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...5a70dd849d.jpg

Old 05-10-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Europe - The Final Countdown
Nice pick! But I can't hear this song without thinking ROCKY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey