Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 06:34 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,495,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I'm also positive that NJ is the ONLY state where some people drive too fast, while others drive too slow.

Because we are a small state, there is DEFINITELY "less room to put things." Should we tell him that NJ is the densest state in the country and the 11th most populous state?... No? Ok.

This, though, says it all:
"In high school, I never got along with hometown people again! I never kept in touch with people from high school, because of their typical NJ attitudes!"

God, I wish we could just delete people like this from the internet.
Well your username is JerseyGirl415. Well you like New Jersey and not me. We both have different tastes. End of story.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:38 PM

857 posts, read 835,459 times
Hey potato Florida is filled with alligators. Just a few saltwater crocodiles in the southern most part. It's also on the east coast but has its own west coast.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
NJ is one of the worst states in America. I agree with almost all of the OP points, and with what happened to me the other day here, I am 100% certain that I am leaving this state this year, and taking 2 productive taxpayers with me.

I was driving to work around sunrise, and every day I pass a beautiful farm with sheep. This particular day, I had some time to kill and the sheep were out and I saw that there were a bunch of lambs just born, so I pulled way off the road to watch them play. I was on a rural backroad, 6:30 am with no cars around and it was completely quiet and peaceful and I was just watching and photographing the sheep. The farmer saw me, I waved, she waved back, and she went back inside.

A state trooper comes flying up to me with his siren blaring. Scares the sheep away. Completely unnecessary and gets out of his car very quickly, as if I'm going to run away. He has a shaved head, a pissed off look like I did something, and tattoos all over his arms like he's G.I. Joe Badass. The conversation went like this:

Me: Good morning, sir.
NJSP: What are you doing?
Me: Watching sheep.
NJSP: You need to move along. Lets go. Get back in the car.
Me: Why, sir? I'm just taking a break from driving.
NJSP: Because I said so. Unless you want a ticket for disregarding a law enforcement officer.
Me: A ticket for what? Watching sheep?
NJSP: Obstructing traffic. And don't run your mouth. Show me your license and insurance, I'm going to run your plates.
Me: Ok sir, I'm leaving.
NJSP: Stay right there and don't leave until I tell you its ok to leave.
Me: For what, sir? Are you detaining me? I'm only asking what law I broke.
NJSP: You're obstructing traffic and now your acting suspicious (mind you, his car was in the actual road, my car was parked on dirt about 3 feet off the road). We've had some issues around here lately...

So I give him my info, by now another cop pulls up, the farmer is outside, the sheep are gone, and I'm late for work. Everything checks out because I'm not a law breaker. 1/2 hour later: "You're free to go. Next time don't resist and just comply and there will be no problem."

Needless to say, I was livid. It ruined my day. And it taught me two things about why NJ isn't a livable place for me or anyone else who wants to feel free and independent. #1- people here are so disconnected from nature and just literally can't even understand that there are people who just want to stop and smell the roses, or look at sheep in a field. If you're not being productive (which means driving aggressively, acting hurried in all aspects of life, meeting and exceeding your sales goals, and generally being a stressed out douche) NJ doesn't want you and will probably see you as a threat.

#2: There are too many cops here. I pay the Troopers salaries, I pay for local cops salaries, and I pay for all of the cops on retirement living in Florida. So I pay for 3 police forces. I've never been helped by the cops, but I have received bogus tickets and been harassed. Drive down I-80 in the morning and there's a cop every 1/2 mile. The cops in NJ are tax collectors with guns. Yet, the sad part is, no state has more aggressive drivers than NJ, so it isn't even working whatever they are doing (which is mostly harassing out-of-staters driving in from PA to go to work). And I've been to around 40 states total and lived in 4 other states. No other place is like this one.

One last thing. It is illegal to photograph in a NJ state park without a permit. You heard that right. You literally cannot have a hired photographer take pictures of your family barbeque or wedding party, etc in a NJ state park without notifying the NJ Park Police and purchasing a permit to do so. That permit is $325: http://www.nj.gov/dep/njstateparkpol...20Statutes.pdf.

If you take video, its another $425. How do I know this? I tried to shoot an iMovie in a park with some friends and was told it would be minimum $425 to do so and our cooler and belongings were checked without permission by the NJ park police (we had no alcohol but heck we must be drunk to be trying to shoot a movie. So weird and unproductive). Even in nature in NJ, you can't be free. So, if this isn't too far gone, I don't know what is.
Oh my god, I can't believe that situation with the NJ State Trooper happened. They seem stricter than cops in just any NJ town. They hide out on highways and they are there to catch speeders so that the speeder can still be caught if they cross town borders. The cops in my town especially got smarter in finding hiding spots around town. That law about taking a photograph in the NJ state parks are ridiculous! I can't believe they exist! I am so happy you even posted on here, because I learned some mind twisting facts about New Jersey that I would never imagine. I never had a speed ticket in my life, so I would not know what it's like talking to a NJ police officer.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:42 PM

I'm just curious. Does one just get a career after college. Do you have to apply for one or do they just hand them out?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobkins View Post
weather and climate in SF Bay are great,
but you have to pay for it

this is cheapest condo in SF Bay (Mountain View)

~ 500k for studio 576 sqft

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...19510328_zpid/

cheapest single home ~ 1.5 mln

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...19513061_zpid/

do you still want to live in SF Bay?
No that's too expensive. Idk if u r exaggerating, but SF is getting too expensive and more ghetto and my 19 year old cousin said after college, she would move somehwhere cheaper. California can have cheap parts, but that would be hard to find. One person posted on my thread that Sacramento area is cheaper.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:45 PM

I'm just. Curious. Do you automatically grow up when you graduate college?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
When people beotch about a place, they are usually externalizing their own inadequacies and unhappiness to the environment at large. California and Oregon are the same BS as New Jersey. I've lived on both coasts. There is no difference. You still have to work. You still have to love. You still have to drive on roads. The people are all the same old same old by and large. Some different scenery, but it's really quite a homogenous country we live in nowadays.

So fantasize about Oregon and the Washington all you want. When you get there, settle there, and live there, you'll still be you. And if you aren't happy with that, then living among a slightly higher percentage of snowflakes is not going to change anything.

Sorry, that's just reality. The grass is not greener. The blood is not redder.
Well I mentioned that I visited California and Washington in 2016 and it was amazing as anything. I even met Californian people through my cousins' friends and they were nicer. Trust me. However, I did not know relatives to know anyone in Washington, so I cannot make assumptions about Washington people. My mom grew up in SF Bay Area and she said everything I like about the west coast is true. In fact, my mom experienced the worst SF earthquake in the 1980s and she and all my relatives survived it and nothing got destroyed and she still loved the place to death.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:50 PM

Some drivers drive too fast. Some drivers drive to slow. Some like it in the pot....
West coast driver drive just right. That's why they are known as the gold I lock drivers of the USA. One day when I grow up and get my career I will moves there and live happily ever after without my kids.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
No that's too expensive. Idk if u r exaggerating, but SF is getting too expensive and more ghetto and my 19 year old cousin said after college, she would move somehwhere cheaper. California can have cheap parts, but that would be hard to find. One person posted on my thread that Sacramento area is cheaper.
Maybe she will move New Jersey when she "gets" her career.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:57 PM

No really it's totally true. Californian peoples are like literally nicer then ours. I have a cousin and she knows California peoples. It's so true we are so lame in New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey