Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 07:22 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't read all of it. You're complaining about Northeastern New Jersey. I'll bet you've never been to Hog Wallow. Sea Breeze? Visit the rest of the state before you leave.

I've lived in North Carolina. I really like parts of it, but it has its problems--like everywhere else.
You really expect some people to actually think intelligently and realize that not every part of a place is the same? You expect people to know that there is good and bad in every state and no place is a utopian paradise? Let these people think it sucks here and x state they want to go to is vastly better and perfect. They'll see in time. But I bet they'll still come back here complaining about us, because then we'd be right and they'd still be miserable, and it must be taken out on someone.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:35 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,827,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I didn't read all of it. You're complaining about Northeastern New Jersey. I'll bet you've never been to Hog Wallow. Sea Breeze? Visit the rest of the state before you leave.

I've lived in North Carolina. I really like parts of it, but it has its problems--like everywhere else.
Thank you for being civil.

If the Hog Wallow that you are referring to (there's 2 localities by that name in NJ) is the one in the Pine Barrens, I am well aware of that area. I used to go offroading in Wharton State Forest every weekend. Unfortunately, the State of NJ has since banned driving in most of WSF and other parks in the Pine Barrens. Like everything else in this state, things that a free, independent man may do in other states is grounds for arrest in this wonderful police state.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...ize=1200%2C900

"I really like parts of it, but it has its problems--like everywhere else."

Some states have many more problems than others. The solution to most things in NJ is just ban it. Again, the numbers don't lie. People are leaving here fast. Foreclosures are 3x the national average. NJ leads the nation in the number of foreclosures and the second closest state is less than 1/2 the rate of foreclosures as NJ: Foreclosure Homes By State -- December 2016

Christie has been a do-nothing governor. You can be mean to me or insult me like that person who keeps calling me names. I don't care. That isn't going to change anything but it does show the rest of the people on the forum what truly nasty people there are in this state

Old 04-11-2017, 09:55 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Thank you for being civil.

If the Hog Wallow that you are referring to (there's 2 localities by that name in NJ) is the one in the Pine Barrens, I am well aware of that area. I used to go offroading in Wharton State Forest every weekend. Unfortunately, the State of NJ has since banned driving in most of WSF and other parks in the Pine Barrens. Like everything else in this state, things that a free, independent man may do in other states is grounds for arrest in this wonderful police state.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...ize=1200%2C900

"I really like parts of it, but it has its problems--like everywhere else."

Some states have many more problems than others. The solution to most things in NJ is just ban it. Again, the numbers don't lie. People are leaving here fast. Foreclosures are 3x the national average. NJ leads the nation in the number of foreclosures and the second closest state is less than 1/2 the rate of foreclosures as NJ: Foreclosure Homes By State -- December 2016

Christie has been a do-nothing governor. You can be mean to me or insult me like that person who keeps calling me names. I don't care. That isn't going to change anything but it does show the rest of the people on the forum what truly nasty people there are in this state
I'm usually civil--except when I'm not. I can be a bit cranky at times.

I don't like NJ taxes and politics any more than you do, but it's still a beautiful state. I'm glad that you went offroading in Wharton. You can still drive through. They don't want ATV's.

I meant the Hog Wallow in the south. Did you ever read Forgotten Towns? You really should read some Beck. I went to visit him, Walt Whitman and Nick Virgilio one day. Nice cemetery.

I love the small, quiet places the most. There are quite a few in the lower counties.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
You really expect some people to actually think intelligently and realize that not every part of a place is the same? You expect people to know that there is good and bad in every state and no place is a utopian paradise? Let these people think it sucks here and x state they want to go to is vastly better and perfect. They'll see in time. But I bet they'll still come back here complaining about us, because then we'd be right and they'd still be miserable, and it must be taken out on someone.
I really don't. Neither of us do. Small minds. I could live comfortably, happily (maybe) in many areas of the country, but the Mid-Atlantic is my home. I have to be within a days drive to the ocean. If I can't get to the ocean, all bets are off. My parents ruined me when they took me to the beach when I was 3. It was a 4 hour drive. My boyfriend and I went for the day a few times. Really.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:42 AM

325 posts, read 582,908 times
I hate nj and would leave in a heartbeat. I HATE the politics, gun laws, illegal alien tolerance, super high property taxes.
I want to live where I'm free.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:27 PM

The OP said, "Gun laws prevent idiots from scaring us." The only people in NJ who carry are either law enforcement or people who are going to hurt you. That's scary.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:32 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,499,452 times
I hate NJ too. I never did. I always defended it. I hate it now.

The taxes are outrageous.

I hate the weather. Extremes on both ends. Ice. Humidity. Blech.

I hate how crowded the roads always are. I hate that it's practically built out.

The people are rude.

If I could rewind twenty years, I think I would have left.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:50 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,103,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post

I hate how crowded the roads always are. I hate that it's practically built out.

The people are rude.

In its defense New Jersey's weather is not that extreme compared to the most of the country. Sure, it's no San Diego but very few places are in terms of consistent pleasant weather.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:22 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,827,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post

The people are rude.

But, but, but....

According to JerseyGirl, people are equally as rude in Pig Slop, Iowa and the roads are just as crowded. Taxes, ehh stop complaining, they get you everywhere.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:51 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
But, but, but....

According to JerseyGirl, people are equally as rude in Pig Slop, Iowa and the roads are just as crowded. Taxes, ehh stop complaining, they get you everywhere.
I didn't say the roads are crowded elsewhere. But to arbitrarily decide that people in one state are rude and people in another aren't... yeah that's ridiculous.

Yet again may I remind you that you seem like a total joy yourself. Pot, meet kettle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey