Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 01:10 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its just measles. this is the government intentionally blowing things out of proportion to scare people into submitting to government control.

the whole process is corrupt. i just read this article this morning on my way to work:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mmr-v...131500482.html

im not necessarily "anti-vaccine" but i despise the government and i absolutely dont trust anything it tells me. im also skeptical over the vaccines and while i believe they are probably a good move most of the time; they do have negative impacts and that is intentionally being kept from us. maybe if government was more open and honest and didnt try to hide stuff from people to manipulate them; we wouldnt be so skeptical about everything they say.

they basically decided "oh we believe vaccines are the right way to go so lets keep quiet anything negative and mock anyone who doubts us because we feel its better people be dumb and just do as we say than potentially not comply if they knew the risks."
You weren't alive were you when polio was a common occurence every summer?

And, oh, measles almost killed me in 1958 when I was 8. Pretty sure my parents would have liked to have had a means to protect me better back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 02:18 PM

938 posts, read 446,521 times
... and God only knows what kind of diseases are being brought in through our southern border by the Third World.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:51 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
measles almost killed me in 1958 when I was 8. Pretty sure my parents would have liked to have had a means to protect me better back then.

I have an old friend who is a Libertarian, and I maintain that friendship despite his obvious misanthropic attitudes.
Even as a Libertarian, he sees the wisdom in vaccination, because he came very close to death--from measles--when he was about the same age.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:49 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
its just measles. this is the government intentionally blowing things out of proportion to scare people into submitting to government control.

the whole process is corrupt. i just read this article this morning on my way to work:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mmr-v...131500482.html

im not necessarily "anti-vaccine" but i despise the government and i absolutely dont trust anything it tells me. im also skeptical over the vaccines and while i believe they are probably a good move most of the time; they do have negative impacts and that is intentionally being kept from us. maybe if government was more open and honest and didnt try to hide stuff from people to manipulate them; we wouldnt be so skeptical about everything they say.

they basically decided "oh we believe vaccines are the right way to go so lets keep quiet anything negative and mock anyone who doubts us because we feel its better people be dumb and just do as we say than potentially not comply if they knew the risks."
It's only measles until you're deaf or blind.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:18 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,189,508 times
Friend of mine was intentionally infected by an Aunt with mumps. In the old days when one kid got it, you dragged him/her around to infect all the siblings and cousins apparently. My friend lost her hearing on one ear and the other ear is severely damaged. This was in the 60s. It was only the mumps.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:25 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
Friend of mine was intentionally infected by an Aunt with mumps. In the old days when one kid got it, you dragged him/her around to infect all the siblings and cousins apparently. My friend lost her hearing on one ear and the other ear is severely damaged. This was in the 60s. It was only the mumps.
A family member of mine was permanently handicapped by polio before the vaccine existed.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:05 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
You weren't alive were you when polio was a common occurence every summer?

And, oh, measles almost killed me in 1958 when I was 8. Pretty sure my parents would have liked to have had a means to protect me better back then.
i would never stop anyone from getting a vaccination. so responding to me like that doesnt make sense.

i advocate against government force and i also point out that government lies about vaccines to limit dissent. i dont promote an anti-vaccine agenda. i promote and anti-government agenda because there is no greater evil on earth than the US government and government in general.

if people want to take their chances without a vaccine, then measles probably makes sense to them because it is a relatively harmless vaccine most of the time. pointing out the limited times it has a very bad result doesnt change the fact that it is very limited.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:29 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's only measles until you're deaf or blind.
that is the same with anything. if someone uses an argument like that id imagine they dont drive a car for sure. probably dont fly, drink tap water, eat most foods, etc. etc. etc.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:10 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,497,472 times
Quote:
if people want to take their chances without a vaccine, then measles probably makes sense to them because it is a relatively harmless vaccine most of the time. pointing out the limited times it has a very bad result doesnt change the fact that it is very limited.
Unfortunately, this isn't how herd immunity works.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:03 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,118,789 times
If you don't have your own titers checked, you may very well be one of the morons walking around risking exposure to the measles. If it's so deadly then proof of vaccination should be required for entry into the country. Are visiting "anti-vax morons" somehow less dangerous than the ones living in the country? If it's so deadly then, "I might have read something somewhere sometime, half an article or a headline, or instagram, something about me probably being pretty safe from getting it" wouldn't be good enough. You'd be marching in for your blood tests every year and prezenting zee papers to prove you're not a risk to the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey