Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 03:04 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, City-Data's rules are not based on "freedom of speech". Though I can tell you many people whine about their "rights being taken away" when they get an infraction as if it is.

City-Data's rules are the TOS, with specific rules set up in some cases for an individual forum within City-Data.

Sometimes we don't like what they allow. For a real-life example, a woman is allowed to post that even though she is 60 and has had a hysterectomy and her husband has ED, she is pregnant with three winged angel children, and Jesus is the father.

But no one is allowed to tell her that she is crazy because that's against the terms of service.
i dont complain when i get an infraction because i understand that the constitutions restrictions applies to the government, not private citizens or businesses. the only thing i would say is that most people have bought into the concept of free speech so they often prefer people be allowed to say offensive things even if they can be banned from doing so in a particular forum.

i think its good to let people like snapster speak so that we are aware of the differing points of view out there. if you only here speech you approve of, you can go on without realizing that opposing views are out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 06:56 PM

168 posts, read 128,756 times
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...announced.html

New Jersey’s hospitals reported 3,405 patients with confirmed or suspected coronavirus cases as of Tuesday night — a 58% drop from the peak of 8,084 on April 14.

At the state’s 71 hospitals, there are less than 1,000 people in intensive or critical care and 750 people on ventilators — using about a quarter of the state’s ventilator capacity, according to the data.

“These three data sets – hospitalizations, ICU and ventilator counts – are the most-significant known metrics which influence our thinking about where we are on our road back," Gov. Phil Murphy said during his daily coronavirus briefing in Trenton. “These are concrete numbers which speak both to improving overall public health and improving conditions, clearly in our hospitals.”

Murphy has said the hospitalization number is the best real-time indicator of the status of the outbreak and a key measure he would use to continue to loosen restrictions put in place to slow the virus’ spread.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:26 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,059,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygent View Post
Murphy has said the hospitalization number is the best real-time indicator of the status of the outbreak and a key measure he would use to continue to loosen restrictions put in place to slow the virus’ spread.

I really hope Sweeney challenges him in the Dem primary next year.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:57 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,255,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
That is exactly what this all boils down to. Just think of the thousands of people working from home that would normally have grueling commutes into NYC every day. Now they get to roll out of bed at 8am and work in their pajamas. If I was in that situation I would love for the stay at home order to continue forever. No wonder the governor's approval rating is so high. It has nothing to do with keeping people safe.
x100000000

My "small business" was deemed "essential".

The months of both March and April? Every day (we cut the hours of operation down to 8 vs. 13) has been like NYE. Over 100K UP in sales for both months - and most of May, as well.

Now, this week, heading up to what is a typically busy holiday weekend, sales have dropped off (back to normal). Folks are running out of their stimulus dollars and that extra $600/week in UE is going toward paying their real bills. The party is over.

They'll soon be demanding that they get back to work AT their jobs that they can't earn an income from while sitting in their PJs @ home.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
x100000000

The months of both March and April? Every day (we cut the hours of operation down to 8 vs. 13) has been like NYE. Over 100K UP in sales for both months - and most of May, as well.

Now, this week, heading up to what is a typically busy holiday weekend, sales have dropped off (back to normal). Folks are running out of their stimulus dollars and that extra $600/week in UE is going toward paying their real bills. The party is over.

They'll soon be demanding that they get back to work AT their jobs that they can't earn an income from while sitting in their PJs @ home.
This belongs in the Drunken Post Hall Of Fame

Old 05-20-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
This belongs in the Drunken Post Hall Of Fame
No, silly... it does not.

Your reply, however, certainly does. Don't assume that because you post while drunk, everyone else does, too.

Edited to add: Maybe you, like many others who aren't business owners, don't understand the difference between sales vs. profit margin (did you sleep through your college accounting classes?). We run at a 22-25% profit margin depending on the item. You buy a $100 item? After all of the bills are paid, that's maybe $25 of profit. $100K in sales doesn't equal $100K in my bank account.

Last edited by Informed Info; 05-21-2020 at 12:08 AM..

Old 05-20-2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
No, silly... it does not.

Your reply, however, certainly does. Don't assume that because you post while drunk, every else drinks - to begin with - let alone posts while drunk.

Good luck!

Go ahead and give us a point-by-point mapping of your reply to ansky's post. I'd do it, but I want to give you a chance to exonerate yourself.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Go ahead and give us a point-by-point mapping of your reply to ansky's post. I'd do it, but I want to give you a chance to exonerate yourself.
What did you not understand to begin with?

Old 05-21-2020, 12:39 AM

Quote:
What did you not understand to begin with?
ok genius, since you choose to answer a question with another question:

ansky's post, #488 in this thread, which you quoted as what you were responding to, discussed people working from home.

your response:

Quote:
Really ? What small business is essential in NJ ?

Quote:
Sounds to me like you're not so small after all !

Quote:

ansky was talking about people working.

you are talking about people who are unemployed.

what does one have to do with the other ?

Last edited by JG183; 05-21-2020 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 05-21-2020, 05:22 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,050 times
Quote:
I really hope Sweeney challenges him in the Dem primary next year.

Murphy will win again because the sheeple and the TDS' are in great numbers in NJ IMO.

Sweeney although a dem isn't Murphy who's the sheeple's / TDS' "lord and master" IMO.

Last edited by atgss; 05-21-2020 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey