Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 04:41 AM

1,017 posts, read 787,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
That is exactly what this all boils down to. Just think of the thousands of people working from home that would normally have grueling commutes into NYC every day. Now they get to roll out of bed at 8am and work in their pajamas. If I was in that situation I would love for the stay at home order to continue forever. No wonder the governor's approval rating is so high. It has nothing to do with keeping people safe.
Also you have people sitting around doing nothing and collecting unemployment with the extra 600 on top of that. Those same people is going to be complaining about not having a job and being broke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 07:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
At this point, so much civil disobedience let them suffer this winter. Those people just can't handle being muzzled by a face mask. Had a lady in Costco shouting at me and she had to take the mask off to do so, what a b*. Luckily I was over 6' from her and have no reason to argue with such an uncivilized woman.
thats awesome, why was she shouting at you?

one time a few years ago my wife was taking a little extra time moving her cart at the costco cashier line because she was tending to our daughter. this old guy complained about her loud enough so she could hear it. im not sure if i was waiting in the car or went ahead for some reason but i didnt know. when she saw me, she complained about the guy. then as we drive away she points him out walking to his car. i told her to drive right by him and blast her horn. she did it and it was glorious.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:00 AM

48 posts, read 27,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
And now you believing that women should all be homemakers like this is the 1950s
Yes.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:46 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,353,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapster View Post
Yes.
Idk why we allow such filth to be posted on this forum.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:00 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,149,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapster View Post
Yes.
With the cost of living being so high in NJ, most households require 2 incomes. Do you expect all of these women to marry very rich husbands so they can stay home? Where will they find all of these rich husbands? What do single moms do, just live off welfare?

Last edited by ansky; 05-20-2020 at 11:09 AM..

Old 05-20-2020, 11:10 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
who is we? i have no say in what is allowed to be posted on this forum, do you?

Old 05-20-2020, 12:10 PM

168 posts, read 129,023 times
Quote:
It's called freedom of speech. BTW, I disagree with him.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:14 PM

4,182 posts, read 5,064,936 times
Quote:
Just think of the thousands of people working from home that would normally have grueling commutes into NYC every day. Now they get to roll out of bed at 8am and work in their pajamas.
I can assure you that not everyone who is in that position "would love for the stay at home order to continue forever". Working from home is fraught with difficulties, for both the employee & the supervisor.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:41 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
With the cost of living being so high in NJ, most households require 2 incomes. Do you expect all of these women to marry very rich husbands so they can stay home? Where will they find all of these rich husbands? What do single moms do, just live off welfare?
This is what people like him don't get. It's a different economy today than it was then. My father was able to support my mother and 2 children on a salary as an appliance salesman at sears. Today that job would pay probably $10-12 an hour. Wages are much lower in terms of buying power and COL is much higher. No one had to pay $1500 a month for health insurance for a family, banks didn't charge fees for every little thing, and it probably cost an hour's salary to take your family to a ball game or circus while today it's a couple hundred dollars.

My mother was even able to afford a diaper service. To provide that lifestyle today would never happen with a job like my dad had. He'd have to work three jobs just to keep a roof over our head.

Old 05-20-2020, 02:54 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygent View Post
It's called freedom of speech. BTW, I disagree with him.
Well, City-Data's rules are not based on "freedom of speech". Though I can tell you many people whine about their "rights being taken away" when they get an infraction as if it is.

City-Data's rules are the TOS, with specific rules set up in some cases for an individual forum within City-Data.

Sometimes we don't like what they allow. For a real-life example, a woman is allowed to post that even though she is 60 and has had a hysterectomy and her husband has ED, she is pregnant with three winged angel children, and Jesus is the father.

But no one is allowed to tell her that she is crazy because that's against the terms of service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey