Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 07:13 PM

195 posts, read 135,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
was there ever a guarantee of that not happening? i wasnt aware that all the world's problems had to be solved before businesses could open again.
world hasnt stopped for soo many other deaths... idk why would it stop for a covid death. I guess some people rather have no life to protect life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 05:44 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Then those people stay home if they're afraid they might contract CV and die.
So in your world, "the few outweigh the needs of the many".

I meet almost on a daily basis people who are sick and tired of this BS!
I've met people in dire straits because they aren't allowed to work.
One mile of people in cars consisting of two lanes just to get food at an outside food bank.

These people want the normalcy that was prior to this BS, they don't want handouts either.
Yet wearing masks would facilitate the reopening of the economy and all those things you claim to want.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:45 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, one of the guys on the other thread downloaded it and read off the EXIF information. It's Belmar the day they were selling the season badges.
Don’t they sell them online? Ocean City does.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:13 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yet wearing masks would facilitate the reopening of the economy and all those things you claim to want.

I don't think so as far as the governor is concerned. All I know is that my mask wearing, is "wearing me down" physically.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:34 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Don’t they sell them online? Ocean City does.
I have no idea. The only reason I would go to Belmar is a) for the Art Walk they usually have in the springtime, and b) to go to Kara's Kitchen, a really good vegan restaurant. I don't go to the beach there because there are less crowded beaches closer to where I live.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:42 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Ok well then I really don't know how to speak to someone who lacks a single ounce of empathy. There literally might be something wrong you if you think it's totally fine that thousands of children could end up in foster care.
you are pretending to have empathy when im guessing you have no empathy as this situation probably works for you so you dont care about the people it is harming. childcare is always an issue for working parents. when the schools closed, that was a big issue for working parents. these are things that parents figure out and its actually easier to figure it out when the government doesnt throw so many roadblocks up for people to try to live their lives normally.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I mean I agree with him sometimes especially when it comes to the US acting as the world police and invading everyone while using my tax dollars, but tbh I think this one totally 100% crossed the line. I've never heard of someone so lacking in empathy that they wouldn't bat an eye at parents being forced to choose between keeping their kids and becoming homeless and starving.
its kind of funny how you have manipulated this in your mind to think that you are the one with empathy. the government poured gasoline on the economy and many people's lives and lit it up with a match. your position is the opposite of empathy. but you keep pretending to care about childcare because you arent unhappy with your own current situation and you wish for it to continue.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:55 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,151,044 times
Quote:
you arent unhappy with your own current situation and you wish for it to continue.
That is exactly what this all boils down to. Just think of the thousands of people working from home that would normally have grueling commutes into NYC every day. Now they get to roll out of bed at 8am and work in their pajamas. If I was in that situation I would love for the stay at home order to continue forever. No wonder the governor's approval rating is so high. It has nothing to do with keeping people safe.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
That is exactly what this all boils down to. Just think of the thousands of people working from home that would normally have grueling commutes into NYC every day. Now they get to roll out of bed at 8am and work in their pajamas. If I was in that situation I would love for the stay at home order to continue forever. No wonder the governor's approval rating is so high. It has nothing to do with keeping people safe.
its funny because he has irrationally convinced himself that its better for everyone if everything stays closed down. he has decided that working mother's are better off being forced to stay at home instead of going to work (a choice they made well before the coronavirus apocalypse). i guess he thinks women should just stay at home in the kitchen, cleaning and raising the kids. the truth is he is fine and he wants to force others to maintain a situation that is fine with him because he couldnt care less about other people.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:39 AM

48 posts, read 27,665 times
Quote:
its funny because he has irrationally convinced himself that its better for everyone if everything stays closed down. he has decided that working mother's are better off being forced to stay at home instead of going to work (a choice they made well before the coronavirus apocalypse). i guess he thinks women should just stay at home in the kitchen, cleaning and raising the kids. the truth is he is fine and he wants to force others to maintain a situation that is fine with him because he couldnt care less about other people.
Well, that is certainly correct. Women should stay home with their kids instead of dumping them in daycare. I doubt super lib Murphy believes that, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey