Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 06:43 PM

4,182 posts, read 5,066,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Looking at the chart in that article, the number of new daily cases from May 1st (the day stay at home order was lifted) until now doesn’t look a whole lot different than before May 1st. This is never going down to zero. The term “flatten the curve” proves that wasn’t really ever the intention. What I’m seeing in Texas based on that article doesn’t make me want to stay on lockdown any longer.
Ditto for Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
probably to add calories. my wife used to give my daughter a couple of tablespoons of cream in her milk to fatten her up a bit. it was totally unnecessary but for some reason she was concerned about people judging her as a parent for her child being too skinny. i think its a puerto rican thing.
Not just a PR thing. In my European family, being a skinny kid reflected poorly on the parents because the assumption was that they couldn't afford to feed me.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:20 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
It's interesting that some people seem to think that the expectation was that cases wouldn't go up again.
Like they say in Texas, GO BIG!

Old 05-14-2020, 11:17 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,604,883 times
I guess social distancing will be in the eye of the beholder:

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy will stress “capacity management” at beaches as he gives his long-awaited “beach guidance” Thursday afternoon, said Sea Isle City Mayor Lenny Desiderio.

Desiderio, who will be joining Murphy in Trenton and also is a Cape May County freeholder, said Sea Isle’s beach, along with Ocean City and Strathmere, will be open for sitting and laying out, but not swimming, beginning on Saturday.

He did not spell out what other measures will be needed for effective capacity management.

Beach patrols will return Memorial Day and swimming will be allowed (though the ocean is still chilly), he said.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20200514.html

“The governor has asked us to do capacity management,” Desiderio said. “What better weekend to do it than the weekend before Memorial Day.”

Murphy engaged in a long conference call earlier this week with Jersey Shore mayors, some of whom expressed concern about how to enforce social distancing on crowded, sometimes narrow, beaches, and wondered if Murphy would be sending in additional enforcement to help. Desiderio said the police academy, currently closed, is working on virtual training of Class 2 officers, who typically bolster patrols of shore towns in the summer.

Desiderio said Murphy is leaving decisions about beaches and short term rentals up to individual towns. He said he shared the concerns of other mayors about crowds for Memorial Day and beyond.

“I know that if Memorial Day weekend is a typical Memorial Day Weekend, all of the shore communities will be at full capacity, and we’ll certainly learn what capacity management means," he said.

— Amy S, Rosenberg

Old 05-14-2020, 01:01 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times
Default Beaches to Reopen (including bathrooms!)

Well this is good news!

https://patch.com/new-jersey/lawrenc...campaign=alert

Old 05-14-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
His tone of voice today was the most optimistic that I've heard in many weeks.
It might be that the House of Representatives bill for aid to the states has a good chance of passing.

If I were Murphy, I'd give in to the demands of Trump/McConnell re: the sanctuary cities. It's a matter of priorities, I hope that no sane Democrat would hold it against him if he did. The matter of removing liability from businesses, that should not be entertained at all.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:25 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,151,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I never understood the reason for closing the bathrooms, including those in parks. While the stalls may not be 6 feet apart, I would think you would want people to have a sanitary place to do their business and be able to wash their hands.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:30 PM

1,017 posts, read 787,897 times
This is what confuses me two yahoo articles

This one said its declining

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-c...153633256.html

This one said there's more cases.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/coronaviru...-sh&soc_trk=fb

Old 05-14-2020, 02:44 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
I never understood the reason for closing the bathrooms, including those in parks. While the stalls may not be 6 feet apart, I would think you would want people to have a sanitary place to do their business and be able to wash their hands.
Totally agree, especially women's rooms because the stalls would separate people. Not sure about urinals but I'm sure the guys could figure it out .

Old 05-14-2020, 03:12 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
Murphy doesn't have a plan i had to stop watching his briefings because it's always fluff and he keeps saying oh were not ready to open up. I think even if this state opens up its going to be very tight and strict which will make people want to stay home and still "Lock Down". Like my friend said i should of moved to the South years ago and i never listened.

I won't be going to the beach or boardwalk this summer the rules they have are laughable. You can't even go to the bathroom.
a heads up for those considering the Delaware beaches which open next weekend May 22nd.

They will be open however, no short term rentals, restaurants are still take out and Delaware State Police will be stopping cars for a chat at many roads leading into the state. 14 day quarantine still in effect.

https://www.capegazette.com/article/...-may-22/202145
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey