Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2020, 10:32 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Right but not after they started opening. When I went to Belmar last weekend, the boardwalk was open but no place to pee.
That's a problem. I've bought food that I didn't want in order to use a bathroom, but that's not an option now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2020, 11:40 PM

23 posts, read 11,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
No, rather than a golf course opening.

Murphy’s friends would be pretty annoyed if they couldn’t golf this summer. If you’re lucky, you might see salons open by October at this rate.

This is what I'm greatly concerned about as a life long resident of this state. Are people ever going to be able to sit down in a restaurant or bar again in this state or even be able to shop at a store like Marshall's? Honestly, at this rate, I'd be shocked if I can even dine in at a restaurant in this state by July 30th. And I think it is absolutely ridiculous as well as criminal, especially since at this point, I'd even be willing to sign a waiver to not hold a business responsible if I get sick from the virus. And I'm just glad that people who live in this state will able to have elective surgeries again starting on May 26th. Because while the virus may be scary, there are plenty of other medical conditions that people suffer from that are equally as frightening. And think about the people suffering from them and not being able to get any answers right now. Imagine how terrified they must be. All I know is that I really wish I was a resident of a state like Texas, Florida or Wisconsin right about now. I truly believe those states will end up faring a lot better heading forward than this state will.

Old 05-16-2020, 03:37 AM

1,016 posts, read 787,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWarmWthrlvr780 View Post
This is what I'm greatly concerned about as a life long resident of this state. Are people ever going to be able to sit down in a restaurant or bar again in this state or even be able to shop at a store like Marshall's? Honestly, at this rate, I'd be shocked if I can even dine in at a restaurant in this state by July 30th. And I think it is absolutely ridiculous as well as criminal, especially since at this point, I'd even be willing to sign a waiver to not hold a business responsible if I get sick from the virus. And I'm just glad that people who live in this state will able to have elective surgeries again starting on May 26th. Because while the virus may be scary, there are plenty of other medical conditions that people suffer from that are equally as frightening. And think about the people suffering from them and not being able to get any answers right now. Imagine how terrified they must be. All I know is that I really wish I was a resident of a state like Texas, Florida or Wisconsin right about now. I truly believe those states will end up faring a lot better heading forward than this state will.
I am worried about the same thing will i would be able to sit in a bar and have a few drinks with some friends or walk around the mall? I know a majority of people is so over it that they don't care if they catch the virus just to have a normal life again. I know its a serious virus but at some point life has to go on we can't sit "Isolated' in the house it's already been two months and Murphy has no clear plans to reopen the state. It also amazes me how many people is ok with being in isolation and not realizing how much this is hurting our state and country.

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of uhaul trucks leaving New Jersey. This state is pretty wild but this takes the cake. I should of taken my friend roommate offer in TN many years ago.

Old 05-16-2020, 10:11 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,091 times
Updated list today.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...s-weekend.html

Old 05-16-2020, 10:41 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Thank you, H! Happy to see Long Branch's boardwalk is open again. That's a walking spot for me. It was open for a while in March, but then it got shut down and yellow-taped.

Not going today. Will probably be very busy, but maybe next week.

Old 05-16-2020, 04:33 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,218,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Looking at the chart in that article, the number of new daily cases from May 1st (the day stay at home order was lifted) until now doesn’t look a whole lot different than before May 1st. This is never going down to zero. The term “flatten the curve” proves that wasn’t really ever the intention. What I’m seeing in Texas based on that article doesn’t make me want to stay on lockdown any longer.
New cases don't mean anything anyway, they're all artifacts of testing. Fastest thing to look at is hospital admissions for influenza-like illness, if available. And our dear leaders aren't above lying to us. For instance Cuomo likes to talk about countries which released their lockdown early and saw a big increase of cases. He's never named the countries.

Old 05-16-2020, 07:11 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times

Coronavirus?

Old 05-16-2020, 08:47 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thank you, H! Happy to see Long Branch's boardwalk is open again. That's a walking spot for me. It was open for a while in March, but then it got shut down and yellow-taped.

Not going today. Will probably be very busy, but maybe next week.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:48 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,495,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWarmWthrlvr780 View Post
I feel like this pandemic can show how a quality of life in a state can be bad. NJ won't be the same Jersey as we know it until a vaccine actually does come out. It will be hard to enjoy the things the state offers from restaurants to parks until a vaccine comes out. Look at the South and notice why young New Jerseyans flocked there before the pandemic = quality of life. At the beginning of the pandemic, people on Reddit were glad they were NJ residents, because we all thought our restrictions would lift faster since we started our lockdown early. I'm glad they lifted elective surgeries, because I need lasik before I land a job and move across the country (I graduated btw).

Old 05-16-2020, 09:49 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Coronavirus?
Where was that picture taken? I know you've posted it elsewhere to imply that it's NJ yesterday, but I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey