Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 05:25 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the new increases come with a jar of vasoline? Not even sure if he's involved but as the Gov he could stop this. Murph needs to go in Nov.

"Whether a toll increase is needed or not, the Authority will take one annually, depending on the rate of inflation, unless the governor or legislature act to stop them,” said Steve Carrellas, National Motorist’s Association New Jersey policy director"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Roughly 16 months after tolls on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway went up in 2020, drivers who use the state’s two largest toll roads are facing another 3% toll hike on Jan. 1.

Included in the New Jersey Turnpike Authority’s $2.289 billion 2022 budget is one sentence that might make drivers cringe — “annual toll rate indexing at 3% effective January 1, 2022,″ which in laypersons language means tolls are going up New Year’s Day.

https://www.nj.com/news/2021/12/your...n-1-again.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 06:46 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,632,212 times
Disgraceful, but we NJerseyans deserve every tax increase that is implemented. Come on man, Murfs platform is/was to raise taxes and he's not ashamed about it. I drive in fla for 7 months a year on new/newer/better roads and it doesn't cost us a nickel, the 5 months in NJ our monthly EZ Pass bill is/was between 200/300 a month and we're retired.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:09 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Wow...84 views and only Jersey Man comments.

Must be a lot of Dem Murphy supporters here who like tolls being raised.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:14 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Disgraceful, but we NJerseyans deserve every tax increase that is implemented. Come on man, Murfs platform is/was to raise taxes and he's not ashamed about it. I drive in fla for 7 months a year on new/newer/better roads and it doesn't cost us a nickel, the 5 months in NJ our monthly EZ Pass bill is/was between 200/300 a month and we're retired.
Since you have lots of time, then, set your GPS to avoiding toll roads and take the scenic route!

Old 12-07-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

Yeah...that MUST be why no one commented.

Come on. Is this supposed to be news? "Tolls went up again" is hardly specific to the current governor. Maybe we're all just jaded.

It is stupid to think tolls would not have gone up under a different governor.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:56 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

You just figured that out??

Who was the guy who promised energy costs would skyrocket under his energy plan and was voted into office?????

So yes, just enough voters are into financial S&M to force the rest of us to bleed hard earned cash.

NJ is a one party state devoid of any vestige of political diversity and this is the result.

Credit voters for dramatic rise in cost of everything by electing a guy who destroyed our long sought goal of energy independence.

How murphy got re-elected based on his policies ranks up there with who shot JFK.

Old 12-07-2021, 08:21 AM

This is interesting, from the article:

Quote:
Toll indexing ended the old process of announcing toll increases and holding hearings on them, and is being used by agencies as an alternative to proposing large toll increases after a period of years.
It makes sense. It is still less than the CPI.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:20 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,596,404 times
Actually NJ got screwed over on tolls many decades ago, I think the early 60's the Fed govt announced plans for a toll free I-95 to run though NJ. Problem was the TurnPike was already built and they weren't too crazy about everyone bypassing them.

As expected every which way that was scuttled, only part of it was ever built running into the interstate loop as I-95 over the Scudders Falls bridge and recently that was renumbered as I-295 after many decades of PA finally building the connection from I-95 to the PA Pike leading to NJ.

Toll free driving was scuttled all along. Theres a website online with maps over the years if anyone is interested.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:47 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,178,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is interesting, from the article:

It makes sense. It is still less than the CPI.
Except your wage and salary don’t increase at the rate of the CPI, unusually a lot less.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:52 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
I try to schedule personal trips around work trips so I can expense my tolls. Often, I can double-dip by hitting up two cases during one trip. So oddly, higher tolls benefit me now.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey