Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:04 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,461,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
BrianG, look at the title of this thread.

"Living in JERSEY CITY". Then you start posting about Rahway, even though he says JERSEY CITY and a 30-40 minute commute. You basically try to hijack half the threads and try to encourage everyone to move to Rahway. It's annoying.

You -- just like jstar -- clearly have an agenda beyond "I like where I live". This is a forum for opinions and experiences, not real estate agents and real estate investors who want to profit from creating demand in the undesirable towns in which they invest and work.
I apologize
I took (Any suggestions are welcome) as just that

I work for a small mom & pop type real estate in my spare time and most of our customers are repeat clients or referred by friends , I only have the 1 house i live in and do not invest in real estate
The complex i recommended is not listed by my firm and i do not ask people to pm me for info
I also do work for Public Adjusters all over the state and have seen some of the best and worst of jersey ,And i would still recommend my town
Again i apologize if i over do it with the hype of my town, it's just my opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 01:39 PM

30 posts, read 140,538 times
Try Hackensack on prospect ave. You can get a really nice apt for less than that. There is an express bus to the city or take the train to hoboken and then the path to wall street. Its close to everything and safe, hackensack university hospital is up the street. you have rt 4, rt 80, the turnpike, parkway and rt 17 and 4 malls within a 5mile radius. my friend rents in the pierre for 1875. 1 bed, den two bath and a huge balcony

Old 06-11-2007, 09:40 AM

11 posts, read 116,603 times
Default Thanks Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I apologize
I took (Any suggestions are welcome) as just that

I work for a small mom & pop type real estate in my spare time and most of our customers are repeat clients or referred by friends , I only have the 1 house i live in and do not invest in real estate
The complex i recommended is not listed by my firm and i do not ask people to pm me for info
I also do work for Public Adjusters all over the state and have seen some of the best and worst of jersey ,And i would still recommend my town
Again i apologize if i over do it with the hype of my town, it's just my opinion
I am really open to any suggestions. Thanks for the advice about Rahway and I am looking at it as a possibility. Meanwhile keep your suggestions flowing .. Thanks everyone..

Old 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,461,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago_summer View Post
I am really open to any suggestions. Thanks for the advice about Rahway and I am looking at it as a possibility. Meanwhile keep your suggestions flowing .. Thanks everyone..

Thanks
And make sure you wave to my son

I will actually be out that way July 20th for his Graduation

Old 06-11-2007, 02:51 PM

3 posts, read 14,950 times
Default I also recommend Newport, JC

I have lived in Newport (the one of Towers of America, green roof & window high-rise buidings on the Hudson) apartment, Jersey City for 6 years before moved to Central Jersey.
Newport is very safe area although some naughty kids visit from the other side of town once in a while. Even so, since you have doormen in the building and security personnels on the gate, still quite safe. There are almost everything in walking distance. For $2500 you can find good apartment with really spectacular breathtaking Manhattan view. PATH train from Pavonia Newport to WTC (Downtown Manhattan) only takes 7minutes.
My ex husband still living there and he is paying about $1800/mo for spacious 1BR on 7th floor.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,797 times
Some neighbor at Edison Hollow South 5 min walk to Edison train, told me that they saw some issues to them at Newport. One is that whenever their visitors came, they had no cheap place to park their cars, since even them had to pay around $200 a month to rent a parking spot.

Another issue is when they were having kids, life is very hard there, hospital is not easy access ...etc. So they decided to move to Edison ... school is another issue.

Otherwise, Newport is very nice place for young couple or singles. near Newport Center Mall, large new Target, nice boardwalk, BJ's, all kinds of good restaurants and now Lightweight Rail can take you beyond Hoboken, and the other side to Liberty State Park and newly renovated Liberty Science Center Liberty Science Center just expanded and going to reopen on July 19... where you got a membership can visit hundreds of other sister museums, aquarium free ...

Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 AM

11 posts, read 116,603 times
Thanks and I have started a new thread to rate and find the best rental buildings in newport and Jersey city. Please comment if you know any good or bad buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey