Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:09 PM

478 posts, read 1,750,267 times

Advertisements

I don't think they meant death..they meant die..and that could be mis-understood as an expression of slang words. Some will say just die..meaning go away..not a death threat!

Old 04-10-2010, 07:47 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,415,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Considering that we the taxpayers are supporting you, I think we do have a say.
I hate to say it but you are not supporting anybody. Part of your taxes are PAYING educators for their services. Please lets not act as if you are CEO of the world.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:13 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,231,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
I hate to say it but you are not supporting anybody. Part of your taxes are PAYING educators for their services. Please lets not act as if you are CEO of the world.
So you're basically saying that taxpayers have no say in how their money is being utilized?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:44 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
The taxpayers certainly dont have enough say as to how their money is spent on a day to day basis. With state debt and taxes being so high, the taxpayers finally had their say by electing Christie to do for them what past governors have refused to do. If I feel like my landscaper is charging me too much, I can choose another landscaper. If you feel that I am charging too much for my services, you are welcome to find someone else. Not so with the public workers. Sure, you could send your kids to private school, but they still make you pay for the state teachers salary (that you feel is overpriced) ON TOP of the private school tuition. I think that this is the source of the anger you are feeling from the general public. Nobody likes to spend money in a situation where they have no control over price or quality, and no say as to how the money is spent. Add to that a 10% unemployment rate and you can see why people feel the public sector should sacrifice along with the rest of us.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:51 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I spent 12 years "evaluating" the teachers. Most were okay, a few were outstanding, and a couple were terrible. Of course I think the educational system could use some reforms, but that's for another discussion.

So do you care to respond to any of my points? Or are you going to keep dodging them?
So that means that you worked as a public employee, but not in the union?

Old 04-11-2010, 05:42 AM

367 posts, read 960,447 times
Teachers union memo wishes Death on Chris Christie

It is clear that the union bozo who wrote the memo has to go. End of story. If the union membership, these teachers who are in charge of and mold our children don't demand this, then they are no better.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo2009 View Post
I don't think they meant death..they meant die..and that could be mis-understood as an expression of slang words. Some will say just die..meaning go away..not a death threat!
Nice try but I have to give you a "D-" for spin control.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:09 AM

467 posts, read 1,489,693 times
You are right Bababua in your comments about how some of the kids act in school...and I wholeheartedly agree with your comments concerning parents...they are not involved enough anymore.
and it's sad. It's tough out there most parents are both working, few moms or dads have the luxury
of staying home with their kids, let alone helping them with homework since they are dead tired after
a day of work..however, there has to be some kind of accountability? You mentioned that your contract
ends in June and you don't get paid for the summer months....Well if I took the summer months off from
my job I wouldn't get paid either? Look I'm not knocking teachers, I just think the unions here have a
little too much clout. Dedicated, Yeah most teachers are for the most part....but there are always
exceptions. .Still this nasty rhetoric on both sides gets us NOWHERE.....

Old 04-11-2010, 01:55 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJerseyCity View Post
I was being a sensationalist to make a point. When the NJEA doesn't get their way, they go into scare tactic mode.

Re your statement that Coppola doesn't represent the rest of the teachers. I don't buy it. I see the posts on Facebook that my teacher friends make, and it's laughable. There are some members on CD that are my Facebook friends as well, and they can attest to the comments.

I guess it really doesn't matter if Coppola gets fired or not. If he does indeed get canned, he will have a fat pension and golden bennies for life. Pretty sweet parting gifts for joking about the death of another person, huh?
First, if you do not pay 25 years towards your pension before you retire (and assuming Coppola was a teacher he paid towards his pension like we all do) you get a tiny portion of the full pension.

Second, if you get fired for cause (and I am not saying Coppola will be) you can lose all of your pension and benefits.

As for the original topic. Since you were being sensationalist to make a point do you think maybe, just maybe the guy from the NJEA was doing the same thing?

I do not condone what he did, but your comment was a lie and you seem to think that is ok.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Can you imagine if a high school kid posted something like that but used a teachers name...what do you think would of happened...suspended?? expelled?? charged with making threats???

Scary part is morons like this teach your kids
I think you would be surprised how often the type of thing you posted about happens in a school and no one knows about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey