Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Where about is La Hacienda at on White Sands Blvd cathy ??
It's at 804 N. White Sands Blvd, on the right as you go north....seems like there was either a car rental place or a tire center nearby.

OMG, their corn tortillas are WONDERFUL.......!!!!!! Those things are tender, thin and TASTY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 08:03 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
It's at 804 N. White Sands Blvd, on the right as you go north....seems like there was either a car rental place or a tire center nearby.

OMG, their corn tortillas are WONDERFUL.......!!!!!! Those things are tender, thin and TASTY.
Cathy, is that across from the Shell station? If so it did have another name a few years ago. May have to try it out again.
Jane

Old 10-15-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Cathy, is that across from the Shell station? If so it did have another name a few years ago. May have to try it out again.
Jane
I honestly cannot remember!!! The sign says Tortillas to go...then La Hacienda Family Restaurant. Now you both are driving me crazy trying to remember what else was nearby!!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Golden Palace All You Can Eat Buffet

For Jane: Yes, La Hacienda is near the Shell station, which is across the street, so it is at least the right building, whether ownership and name have changed or not. It's worth trying out!

More bazillion things to do, so stop for lunch at the All You Can Eat Buffet....on First Street, near Walmart.

They had a nice selection of stir-fries with combinations of beef, chicken, pork, shrimp and plenty of veggies, so there is something for those who don't want all the starch and heavy breading. The beef, pork and shrimp entrees were good, but the chicken ones had a definite leftover taste.

They had 4 different kinds of soup, and I sampled the hot and sour (it was good, but not hot) and egg drop...both good.

They had an island with plenty of the usual starchy stuff...eggrolls, breaded onion rings, sweet/sour pork, et al, but I didn't sample those!

I could not find any Schezchuwan (sp????) or Hunan.....nothing I had was spicy, and I didn't notice anything that was supposed to be spicy...*sigh*

They had an island with a small amount of salad fixings, fruit, melon...so again, something for those who want lighter fare.

Desserts offered were cookies, a couple of kinds of cake, pudding...and the usual glop out of the machine. Said glop is pure junk, but I always get a small bowl...LOL!!

There is supposed to be a Korean place around here somewhere...I'll keep looking.

Again, I noticed that the food was not oversalted. I didn't need to add any salt at all, but it was still far less salt than is usually added to the entrees. Of course, you had the usual soy sauce at the table if you wanted all that saltiness!!

I am beginning to find that sort of odd. The Chinese buffets in Midland had enough salt to last you the rest of your life, LOL!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:47 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
For Jane: Yes, La Hacienda is near the Shell station, which is across the street, so it is at least the right building, whether ownership and name have changed or not. It's worth trying out!
OK .....so its locared between 8th and 9th street on White Sands across from the Shell Station. Am i correct Cathy.....

Old 10-16-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
OK .....so its locared between 8th and 9th street on White Sands across from the Shell Station. Am i correct Cathy.....
Yes, that's right, Harry....

Any suggestions as to what I should try next?

I have several more Mexican...a few Asian....and Pepper's Grill. That is a chain, but I have never tried it.

You know how nasty Taco Bell is....well, I wondered if Alamo's Taco Bell was worse than Midland's....yes, it is. Boy, that was just AWFUL, LOL!!! I should have known better, but hey, it was only 3 tacos, so.....and I was still wet from my swim, and didn't want to go in anyplace...!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
You know how nasty Taco Bell is....well, I wondered if Alamo's Taco Bell was worse than Midland's....yes, it is. Boy, that was just AWFUL, LOL!!! I should have known better, but hey, it was only 3 tacos, so.....and I was still wet from my swim, and didn't want to go in anyplace...!!!
Cathy,
Yes it isn't the best, but the price is right and if we see less than 3 cars in the drive through any time of the day we are shocked. Usually in the evening there are at least 7 at all times. And speed is a factor for many going to and from jobs.
Jane

Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Cathy,
Yes it isn't the best, but the price is right and if we see less than 3 cars in the drive through any time of the day we are shocked. Usually in the evening there are at least 7 at all times. And speed is a factor for many going to and from jobs.
Jane
Wow. I went by near lunchtime, so I was not surprised to see a line of cars.

I'd have to be VERY hungry, very desperate and VERY tired before I'd go back.

I'll try Golden Corral at some point, too. They are also nearby. GC is one of those that varies wildly. Midland's was so bad that it closed for lack of business. Yet others in nearby towns were decent.

So...I'll see. Have y'all eaten there?

Old 10-18-2007, 12:13 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Hey Cathy,
We're going to be back in Timberon/Alamogordo Nov.2-9 if you want to get together with us and have lunch somewhere. Not sure yet what day we'll be in Alamo. Gonna go to Belen and Albq. sometime that week too.
Too bad Jane and Kent won't be there. They won't be back till Dec.
I can hardly wait to get there full time.
Cheryl

Old 10-18-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Hey Cathy,
We're going to be back in Timberon/Alamogordo Nov.2-9 if you want to get together with us and have lunch somewhere. Not sure yet what day we'll be in Alamo. Gonna go to Belen and Albq. sometime that week too.
Too bad Jane and Kent won't be there. They won't be back till Dec.
I can hardly wait to get there full time.
Cheryl
Cheryl, ya really know how to hurt a girl..
I will be so happy to get back to NM, but enjoying my time with the grandkids, and awaiting the new grandbaby on Monday
Have fun and tell all you see hi for us.
Jane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico