Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:50 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Cathy......i'm still confused as to where this place is?? You say on the left as you are coming in from Alamo ....so i'm visually thinking there's the new Convenience Store/Truckstop and then there's the Tastee Freeze....so where from there ??
I must be crazy. I DON'T remember a new convenience/gas store, but I see that Jane has already answered your question!

Good food!!! Thank God. Now I won't have such bad withdrawal if I don't feel like cooking myself!!

And yes, Jane and I will be going back!! I'll probably stop at Eagle Ranch on the way and get some more Xtra hot red chile pistachios....I've gone through half a one pound bag already, even having to shell them. Those things are downright addictive....now I'll have to refrain from opening the other flavors before I can get them home Christmas, LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 05:25 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,612,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Harry,
Its between the new convience /gas station/truck stop and the beginning of town of Tulie. Food is real good. Cathy and I plan on going again...
You can't miss it when you come into town.
Jane
O.K. as i think i remember now as it just opened about a years or so correct.....as it looks like a ranch style house more than an traditional resturaunt....Anyway next time i'm down there i'll check it out.

Cathy (or Jane) last time i was down there about 2 months on the Biypass there was lots of construction pipes all along it like from 1st to Indian Wells. I'm curious if you've traveled it lately what they are doing. Wasn't sure if new homes or businesses going in or maybe just drain piping for water runoff during storms etc... Also hows MY..lol...new shopping center coming along at 10th and White Sands....

Old 12-06-2007, 06:35 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,792 times
Quote:
Cathy (or Jane) last time i was down there about 2 months on the Biypass there was lots of construction pipes all along it like from 1st to Indian Wells. I'm curious if you've traveled it lately what they are doing. Wasn't sure if new homes or businesses going in or maybe just drain piping for water runoff during storms etc... Also hows MY..lol...new shopping center coming along at 10th and White Sands....
Harry, last time we were out there it was dark, so I am not sure. They are working on the big water drain off that goes from the Mts to somewhere out there, not sure where it ends. Can't say that this would help in any flooding.
The new shopping center is opening up there is a new pet store and a sports store opening up. I have yet to stop at Hastings except the drive up for coffee..LOL
When will you be down again??
Jane

Old 12-06-2007, 08:57 AM

70 posts, read 288,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I was out yesterday doing some Christmas shopping.....asked the proprietor of McGinn's/Arena Blanca Winery where a good Mexican restaurant would be found in Alamogordo...

As soon as I told him I was from Texas, he said, "Never mind. You aren't going to find any really good Tex-Mex/Mexican restaurants here. The nearest to what you want is in Tularosa....."

As it was only 13 miles....and I wanted to see some property over there anyway, I finished shopping, drove over and had lunch. It is on the left side of the road as you go into Tulie from White Sands/54/70.

YUM!!!!!

The building and atmosphere are wonderful....the chips arrive, thin and hot, along with some real salsa. It was not as hot as I like, but it was GOOD.

The menu is not extensive, but has some good-sounding items...a mix of New Mexican (green chile stew, etc.) and Tex-Mex. I ordered my usual enchilada plate.....green chile enchiladas, rolled, cheese, onions. It came with the usual rice/beans....

First of all, it was served properly...on a thick, HOT ceramic plate, as it should be!!! My food arrived piping hot, and stayed decently warm throughout the meal.

The onions were raw and sprinkled over the top of the enchiladas....the next time, I will either not request them or ask that they be cooked. Otherwise, the meal was perfect.

Now I know where to go get my Mexican food without having to drive to EP.....
Good place, love the seafood enchiladas with green chile sauce and the jalapeno/ranch salad with a cold dos equis amber. Can't get out of there though without the wife buying something at the gift shop.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:06 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,790,034 times
I am glad to see you found your way there finally. There is nothing in Alamogordo that approaches this place, IMO. For 6-3, it's right before you get into the section of town when the speed limit drops to 35 mph. The zoning is still low density: you are right on the incorporated line before you get into the center of the village.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
O.K. as i think i remember now as it just opened about a years or so correct.....as it looks like a ranch style house more than an traditional resturaunt....Anyway next time i'm down there i'll check it out.

I haven't driven the bypass during the day in a long time, so I haven't noticed all that!

The shopping center is coming along very nicely.......

The new 10-screen theater opened recently....so I'd guess more development out there is on the way.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get a new Sam's Club.....?

The builder is gradually filling this street up with new homes, and they also own the lots west of me, so I doubt I'll be seeing the empty space more than a couple of years or so.

So.....progress it is, though rather slow.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereznm View Post
Good place, love the seafood enchiladas with green chile sauce and the jalapeno/ranch salad with a cold dos equis amber. Can't get out of there though without the wife buying something at the gift shop.
LOL!!! Drains the pocketbook!

I plan on trying most on the menu, and getting over there when the buffet is fresh!

They did have a very nice selection of beers.....my fav is Tecate with lime...

Old 12-06-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I am glad to see you found your way there finally. There is nothing in Alamogordo that approaches this place, IMO. For 6-3, it's right before you get into the section of town when the speed limit drops to 35 mph. The zoning is still low density: you are right on the incorporated line before you get into the center of the village.
You are quite right about that--not even close, though some of them are tolerable.

I can't tell you how relieved I am to have finally found it, even if I have to drive 15 miles to get it!!

Yes, I'm spoiled...I'm used to having everything all but down the street!! LOL!!! But it's well worth it!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Harry, last time we were out there it was dark, so I am not sure. They are working on the big water drain off that goes from the Mts to somewhere out there, not sure where it ends. Can't say that this would help in any flooding.
The new shopping center is opening up there is a new pet store and a sports store opening up. I have yet to stop at Hastings except the drive up for coffee..LOL
When will you be down again??
Jane
Yeah i liked the drive thru coffee shop at the shopping center also.

Hopefully next month i'll head back down as i'd like to see ruidoso and cloudcroft in the winter snow. Is ''Triple M'' snow play still open out your way Jane.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
For 6-3, it's right before you get into the section of town when the speed limit drops to 35 mph.
Thanks Mike.....i got it as i know where it is now that my memory was jolted by everyone here. Thanks again !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico