Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 06:58 PM

82 posts, read 640,030 times

Advertisements

what about chinese?
and a nice cafe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 08:11 AM

12 posts, read 28,139 times
Default Burritos

There's a FINA convenience store on the northeast corner of the intersection where the School for the Blind (deaf?) is - they have the BEST burritos in that town. Every time I get near Alamogordo, I stop in there for either a breakfast burrito, or their green chile, beef, and potato burrito.
EXCELLENT burritos.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:36 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,913,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvercetti View Post
what about chinese?
and a nice cafe?
There are several Chinese food places here....I just haven't gotten around to trying them all out yet, LOL!!

There are also a few cafes, but as they are labeled as "Home Cooking", that means southern starchy comfort food to me. However, I'll also get around to those later...and will post something about each.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfish View Post
There's a FINA convenience store on the northeast corner of the intersection where the School for the Blind (deaf?) is - they have the BEST burritos in that town. Every time I get near Alamogordo, I stop in there for either a breakfast burrito, or their green chile, beef, and potato burrito.
EXCELLENT burritos.
I might try that! One does not usually think of a convenience store as serving anything decent, LOL!!

Have you tried Eddie's lately? It really is good, IMHO.

Also, the Waffle and Pancake house has a really good huevos rancheros....I lived on that while I was going back and forth, and didn't have my appliances in yet!

Old 01-29-2008, 01:43 PM

12 posts, read 28,139 times
That FINA convenience store actually on the NorthWEST corner of that intersection - caddy-corner from the School, by the way.

It's been quite a while since I've been there, but hope to make a stop in the next few weeks!

Old 03-06-2008, 02:56 PM

Default The Wok Inn, Alamogordo

I took the dogs to the groomer for a bath/nail trim, etc......and dragged my tired body to The Wok Inn in Alamo this afternoon.

Located on the south end (1010 S WSB) of White Sands Blvd....next to Waffle and Pancake Shoppe....it is just like every other Chinese buffet at which I've ever eaten.

They do have a fair variety, so it's no better nor worse than the other one on First Street near Walmart. I doubt I'll ever go back. I'll probably be live-wired from all of the MSG....

I did notice that the old Ramona's on the north end of White Sands is now Alamogordo Grill......they are now hiring. It will be interesting to see if it is any good.

When they open, I'll run by...and report back!!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:20 PM

4,681 posts, read 3,887,252 times
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Bamboo Garden is good food if you like Asian. I've lived here for 2 months & have ate there three times already. It's north on White Sands. I ate at Peppers Grill once & was very pleased as well.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Bamboo Garden is good food if you like Asian. I've lived here for 2 months & have ate there three times already. It's north on White Sands. I ate at Peppers Grill once & was very pleased as well.
Thanks for the notes on that. I haven't gotten to Bamboo Garden nor Pepper's yet....but will check them out at some point for sure.

Have you tried the new Alamo Grill? They just opened a few days ago.

We ate at Casa de Sueños (Tularosa) yesterday for lunch....and it was just great, as usual. The day was pretty much ruined for sightseeing because of the typical spring weather blowing dust and high winds.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:33 PM

4,681 posts, read 3,887,252 times
Nope I haven't checked out or heard of the Alamo Grill yet. I will have to. Yesterday was my first experience with a dust storm, after being outside I now know what smokers lungs must feel like.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Nope I haven't checked out or heard of the Alamo Grill yet. I will have to. Yesterday was my first experience with a dust storm, after being outside I now know what smokers lungs must feel like.
Having grown up in WT, I am no stranger to dust storms, so....*cough*....it wasn't anything new to me. Speaking of smoker's lungs, I have to admit I love the new statewide ban on smoking in public places!!!

I hope to try Alamo Grill (on north White Sands, not far from Bamboo Garden) sometime soon!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico