Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times

Advertisements

I have never had a problem cooling off in the evening in the last 10 years. Yes it can be hot during the day, but it does cool off at night.
Jane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 05:21 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,610,538 times
So does that really work? You use antioxidants and green tea, and that protects you from skin cancer better than sun block?

Old 06-02-2008, 06:13 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
So does that really work? You use antioxidants and green tea, and that protects you from skin cancer better than sun block?
Well i wouldn't say that but i believe in combination that's the best although i admit i usually don't use sunblock as i don't burn but tan well and i do take those antioxident vitamins to shore up the skin cells. But i would apply it if i worked outside for 8 hours a day like roofers or lifeguards etc.....

I read that Tomato Juice/Paste and Olive Oil combined has a powerful effect on protecting the skin from the suns rays ......

As for favorate NM Resturaunt i've always like Los Cuates on Lomas Blvd.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
As for favorate NM Resturaunt i've always like Los Cuates on Lomas Blvd.
I forgot this is the Alamo restaurant thread and not ABQ restaurants so for Alamo i'd say is the .............Al-O-Mar in Tularosa.....lol....lol....

Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,610,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
I forgot this is the Alamo restaurant thread and not ABQ restaurants so for Alamo i'd say is the .............Al-O-Mar in Tularosa.....lol....lol....
Oh man, I loved Al-O-Mar...those burgers were goooood.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:12 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
I might not be too crazy about the heat here right now--I take solace in the fact that it is STILL cooler than what I left (Midland, which reached 106 two days in a row)--but the nights still cool off....the mornings are delightful! It's 74 degrees right now.

I'm sitting out on my patio surfing...and having a slice of homemade whole wheat toast along with slices of the first vine-ripened tomato from my garden. The other half of the big tomato goes in my salad at lunch.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I might not be too crazy about the heat here right now--I take solace in the fact that it is STILL cooler than what I left (Midland, which reached 106 two days in a row)--but the nights still cool off....the mornings are delightful! It's 74 degrees right now.

I'm sitting out on my patio surfing...and having a slice of homemade whole wheat toast along with slices of the first vine-ripened tomato from my garden. The other half of the big tomato goes in my salad at lunch.
So is this the new restaurant???? Tomatoes, I remember them when they were little..LOL

Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
So is this the new restaurant???? Tomatoes, I remember them when they were little..LOL
LOL!! I haven't eaten out since all of us went to Alamo grill......

I will probably have a green chile burger when I get back from the pool later this afternoon....too bad I just had the last half of the tomato in my salad....

But boy, was it ever good. I'll be lucky to have very many, between the danged birds and the dogs!!!! I forgot one was outside, and she managed to get in a gap in the wire....destroyed at least 15 ripening ones.

~!#$%^&*!!!@

Old 06-04-2008, 03:59 PM

47 posts, read 130,676 times
Talking HEY Cathy & Chiligal & ALL

I'm just loving your Alamogordo restaurant critiques! I concur with just about every review you've done. I can find tasty salsas, I can find HOT salsa. Only rarely do I find HOT & tasty in one bowl.

We moved here about three years ago. One year in Alamo while were searched and searched the mountain to find just the right place under the pines.

Eureka! we've been in our cabin ever since. I don't 'do' desert this time of year. Trips to Alamo occur at daylight for me. It's a sweltering 77 degrees here right now.

I'm curious as to how many C-Ders there are in Otero & Lincoln counties? Of course, I'm curious about lots of stuff.

When locals ask me what part of Texas I'm from, I smile and say 'the Oklahoma part.'

Have a good one.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
I'm just loving your Alamogordo restaurant critiques! I concur with just about every review you've done. I can find tasty salsas, I can find HOT salsa. Only rarely do I find HOT & tasty in one bowl.

We moved here about three years ago. One year in Alamo while were searched and searched the mountain to find just the right place under the pines.

Eureka! we've been in our cabin ever since. I don't 'do' desert this time of year. Trips to Alamo occur at daylight for me. It's a sweltering 77 degrees here right now.

I'm curious as to how many C-Ders there are in Otero & Lincoln counties? Of course, I'm curious about lots of stuff.

When locals ask me what part of Texas I'm from, I smile and say 'the Oklahoma part.'

Have a good one.
LOL!! Glad you enjoy them, Sparkey....

Of course you know I'm very, very jealous of that 77-degree temp...it's 93 right now, but I'll take that over the 102 from whence I came (Midland)....and 109 in Wink...ewwww!!!!!

I am also looking very enviously at Farmington's 74 degrees......I will be SO glad when summer is OVER...but I should have a nice mess of peppers and tomatoes to make canned hot salsa with! I don't know WHY they wuss it down so much here!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico