Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 03:48 AM

26 posts, read 30,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
Moneboo..... O god I wish I was 23 again. Lmao!

Don't we ALL!! Lol

Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 AM

26 posts, read 30,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teli2828 View Post
Congrats guys! How long ago did ya'll start this process?

Well for me Teli I'm not sure when I exactly mailed the application because I sent so many at so many differnt times that I can't really remember which ones I applied for, but from interview to signing my lease it took approx 6 1/2 weeks. Keep Hope Alive

Old 09-07-2011, 05:27 AM

507 posts, read 690,447 times
hotblue--paying for a credit check is illegal..and slim-love..she just wanted you to spend another fare on your metro-card!..that's a dumm--b@t%h!!

Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 AM

507 posts, read 690,447 times
they figure that if you make that much over the maximum..why you applying for affordable--housing..still i dont get it either..because i was denied on i made too much--or i made too little!!!!..she must've did too much over-time.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:22 AM

31 posts, read 36,815 times
Has anyone started moving in to their apartment yet? Boy do I have a story smh. I not only had the movers from craigslist hell but I get into my apartment and found things unfinished WTH. After all the time that has passed during this application process I should not have to create a check list for items that need to be fix in order for me to even think about staying in my place. Make sure you guys check your place thoroughly. I pulled out my camera just to cover myself. It’s also a good thing I didn’t contact Con Edison because some moron left my bathroom lights on. Woo sah. I just needed to get that out. At least the week is almost over…

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 AM

19 posts, read 20,954 times
Thanks no_time trying to! I'm going on five weeks now so I'm hoping it's something soon.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:57 AM

801 posts, read 1,108,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deli167st View Post
they figure that if you make that much over the maximum..why you applying for affordable--housing..still i dont get it either..because i was denied on i made too much--or i made too little!!!!..she must've did too much over-time.
really/? you mean those $25.00 money order for credit check is ilegal?? im no longer at that high income no more due to the fact that i quit the part-time job that i had.but im in the middle of it.i faxed my last paperwork today . this is my final lap as well.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:45 PM

19 posts, read 24,367 times
deli167 she's lucky that i drive, you really think that i was gonna go there twice in one day if i did not have a car, no i dont think so. does anyone knows if they can move in the same day they you sign your lease.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 PM

317 posts, read 579,755 times
Slim..... When I signed my lease for another one of Knickerbocker's building last year I was told that I couldn't move in the same day. She said that the super and other workers needed time to make sure the little ins and outs are done like making sure the shower head is screwed on and whatnot. Then they also give you a move in time frame that way you can have sold access to the elevator. But it seems like Bruckner has been playing by their own set of rules so when you go for your lease signing just ask. I couldn't move in that same day but I moved in the very next. So congrats and best of luck.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:37 PM

801 posts, read 1,108,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_love87 View Post
deli167 she's lucky that i drive, you really think that i was gonna go there twice in one day if i did not have a car, no i dont think so. does anyone knows if they can move in the same day they you sign your lease.
Well I you have the lease and the KEYS! Off course. Now be aware when is the date you're moving , cuz you're rent is running already!! This people do so none sence stuff. I know that everybody is excited but when signing the lease that's like saying you move that day. So please ask them to give the official date cycle before anything . And congrats also!!)) ps. Tomorrow morning go and get that paperwork you will need it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery