Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 07:36 PM

317 posts, read 579,438 times

Advertisements

Moneboo.... Im happy to hear they're asking for additional info that means things are going very well. Trust if you didnt have the apt the process wouldve stopped long ago. Since your boss is a "Miss Busy Body" maybe her assistant can do that for you or even your h/r dept? I know you said you have one so any and all info concerning employment would come from there. Especially since they already had called to verify your employment status. Idk what their problem is? But its good that you stay one step ahead of. Now you see that you have to stay on top of them because who knows how long your file has been sitting on her desk waiting for you to resubmit that piece of info! Smh!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:13 AM

507 posts, read 690,050 times
moneboo-yes you're right..but they handle like hundreds of applications..and plus the people coming in from the outside..when i was dealing with them..i sat in the waiting area-and there was people there with kids running/crying..even people from the shelters..i dont even know the process of them..because some looked like they didn't have 2 nickels to rub together!..yet a bank account/checking..so how can that be?.yet like the sign says..we dont discriminate!.yes i know the frustration of waiting for someone to attend/do something for you..esspecially if its holding up your process..because every day is crucial..because you dont want all the units to go-then they talking ohh since you gotton this to us too late-we gotta put you on the waiting list.
I dont understand why they process take forever it seems..but moneboo did they call you in to sign off on all these papers/documents?..they go to different jurisdictions/agencys..so once they're returned,and go back into your file..then whats the next thing?..are you at lease 1/2 way through?..you gotton the qualification letter..went on 2nd interview..they needed more verification of something..you finally provided it..so who does the final review/decision?..I know the fact of being anxious..and im working on a timeframe..because my birthday is coming up..and I wanna give a little get together in my new place..since im not taking some of my furniture-selling/giving it away..so im going to have to do like 2 doubles for like 2 weeks in able to fill the void ex: I need 4 chairs..and a tv-stand. I spoke to a cousin of mine..im going to trade/sell him a air conditioner for the stand..because i think it'll be a nice fit by the window..faceing in a angle-from the wall.
the main thing is that you're almost home..its like a baseball field..you got a base hit!..you're on first!..next hit! BAM!..its a double-now you're on 3rd!..now all the next batter gotta do is bring you-HOME!..thats the way i look at it!..so be-EASY!..you has to hear from them within these next 2 weeks!..thats the final time frame..because its the end of the month!..they want that lease-signed by then..and that money..you'll watch and see.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:05 PM

365 posts, read 502,872 times
Good morning Deli! Good morning Stephanie!
@ Deli...everything is pretty much completed. I spoke to her yesterday, (her being the lady who interviewed me) and she said that all I needed to do was fax over that document and everything would be completed.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 AM

..you right stephanie..they would'nt had taken her through this far if she wasn't in-because they assumed that i was still recieving unemployment..and I had to provide proof that i was'nt..thats my delay now.so after they recieve that inquiry..im good !..my interviewer told me as soon as she get's word-then we'll set up a date for me to come in,and bring 2 money orders for the rent..sign the lease..and wa-la!..I was happening to be driving by there,and I saw people moving in through the front!..ohhhh!..this weekend I stayed home!..i went to buy 5 bootleg movies..bad teacher..horrible bosses..and 3 horror flicks..its nice outside too..I bought a subway foot-long italian spicey with all the trimmings!..and a 220z can of...opps!..dont tell anybody..but a cold 1..every now and then...well moving right along..moneboo..you just be patient..I took photos of the apartment..but this site dont let me up-load anything..whats your email address?..i'll send them to you-if you'll like to..mines is deli167st@hotmail.com

Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 AM

Moneboo.... I spoke to my boyfriend and I asked him about the reason Knickerbocker was giving away the free tv's to the Bruckner tenants. He told me that they messed up and built the buildings 5 feet onto the bridge property (the bridge thats right there). Knickerbocker messed up by not communicating with the contractors that are remodeling that bridge. So now when they do the bridge over tenants that live on the 3rd floors on up will have the people walking across that bridge looking directly into their apts and be so damn close they can touch the building as they walk across. Smh!!!! So lets hope the building they're trying to put you in will not be facing the bridge and lets hope your not on any of the high floors. They say nothing in life is free. So the tenants that got those free tv's have no idea whats in store for them. Because lets think about it.... knickerbocker doesnt need to use any incentives to get that building occupied especially with tens and thousands of people in need and in search of affordable housing. I wonder how many of them asked why they were given the free tv's? Smh!!! My boyfriend just had a friend of his move in there and he too received a "hush hush" tv.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:20 AM

yeahh..how long?/..usually 3-4 weeks tops!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:49 AM

365 posts, read 502,872 times
Wow!!!!!! Stephanie....that is ridiculous! Ridiculously funny!!!! Lmaoooooo! Can you imagine...you just move in and your on your phone chit chatting away..."Yeah girl...43" and everything! I know! It's....it's....what the hell?!" A guy walks across your window and knocks on the glass, "Could you turn the channel back please?!"....lmaooo! What's ironic about it is, I was hoping to be as high up as possible too. Smh...My only concern now is that the air quality will be ****ty there. All those fumes will probably kill my lungs. I'm supposedly supposed to get an apartment in the new building because all one bedrooms were occupied already. That's probably going to be a while. @ Deli...you crazy! LoL! Ain't nuttin wrong with a lil' dranky drank in celebration. This weekend I did pretty much the same. Rented some movies off Netflix and Zune off the XBox, in between my dad's Call of Duty obsession. Had some Spanish food and chilled. Wish I was in my new apartment doing so but hey. Soon. Tomorrow I will be faxing off the final documents that were requested and I guess I'll say within 2 weeks, they'll be calling me in. Personally, if they wanna give me a hush hush tv, I won't mind! I'll just make noise after I have it. Be funny if they ask for it back

Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 AM

Moneboo you are too funny. Can you imagine that? Well there are ways around the security issues. Make sure you have some damn good curtains and keep the expensive stuff out away from the windows. If possible please move in at night. Its funny you mentioned Netflix because I just finished watching "Why Did I Get Married 2" on Netflix.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:46 AM

Default the t.v- yeahh..

..is it 3-D !??..because thats the new best thing!..I'll want a 3-D HDTV..top of the line 1..and you're right !..walking towards the bronx-that is kinda close..and people looking all in your apartment-who'll take a unit on that-side?..them bungling mexicans..not knowing english!..when the foreman told them what to do..and where !..they botched the blueprints !..thats why the tv's..why not a car!?..like oprah would've done!..yeahh!..and i bet its not even a name brand tv at that!..proberly coby-yeahhh !..it'll proberly work for 5-7 months..before the tube blow out !..well let me cool-it !..wheres my beer!..

Old 07-17-2011, 01:04 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,114,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
Moneboo.... I spoke to my boyfriend and I asked him about the reason Knickerbocker was giving away the free tv's to the Bruckner tenants. He told me that they messed up and built the buildings 5 feet onto the bridge property (the bridge thats right there). Knickerbocker messed up by not communicating with the contractors that are remodeling that bridge. So now when they do the bridge over tenants that live on the 3rd floors on up will have the people walking across that bridge looking directly into their apts and be so damn close they can touch the building as they walk across. Smh!!!! So lets hope the building they're trying to put you in will not be facing the bridge and lets hope your not on any of the high floors. They say nothing in life is free. So the tenants that got those free tv's have no idea whats in store for them. Because lets think about it.... knickerbocker doesnt need to use any incentives to get that building occupied especially with tens and thousands of people in need and in search of affordable housing. I wonder how many of them asked why they were given the free tv's? Smh!!! My boyfriend just had a friend of his move in there and he too received a "hush hush" tv.
I noticed that it is pretty close to the bridge, its the buildings builders fault and not the the city. I walk across the bridge sometimes. The building is to close to the bridge and its not good for residents of that building. One your going to have vandals who will capitalize on the bridge being close to the building. They are either going to tag up the building in graffitti or through glass bottles and break windows of the windows opposite the bridge. THey are alot of no good people in Mott Haven and some will be jealous and will envy those that live in this BRuckner building and will do there best start trouble or cause property damage. Also health wise the fumes from cars and trucks will build up along those apartments close to the bridge so having an airconditioner will be a problem, plus heavy noise pollution along with the fumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery