Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 01:23 PM

317 posts, read 579,208 times

Advertisements

Moneboo.... You are a mess gurl. Shouldnt your behind be working??? Lol!! But on a more serious note..... I dont know ANY development company that ask you for a security deposit for an apt that isnt even ready let alone the building being ready for occupancy. Thats a no-no on your part! That sad part about all of this is Knickerbocker has a history for double leasing apts. So please be careful. Thats happened to a few tenants and they dont always give the apt to the people that signed the lease first. Moneboo you were right by saying that the safest thing to say to people was that they werent sure on the move in dates. Instead they seem to be leaving people in limbo by not be consistent. I know its frustrating for them when they're dealing with heavy phone call volumes and people coming in for interviews as well as walk-ins, but they do have an obligation to new tenants that they left on stand-by. Moneboo I'd say out of the three people you are in a better position because they told you your building wasnt ready, money hasnt exchanged hands, your paper work is still being processed and your in no rush. So all you have to do is chill, keep doing your thing and wait for the call. For those that allowed money to leave their hands that wasnt followed by a lease agreement or keys... go up there and get answers. You dont want them to give you a call saying they accidently double leased the apt and decided to give the apt to the other applicant. After all they do have YOUR money! Remember...security deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:30 PM

Dont worry a building not passing inspection the first time around is not uncommon. It can be for something so small and silly. But they still need to have all their ducks in a row before they can allow people to take occupancy. Besides if the buildings 2 ft in front of the bridge passed the inspection that should tell you something.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:43 PM

365 posts, read 502,704 times
Hey Stephanie!
I'm here at work in a meeting doing this at that! LOL
I agree with what you said because they already gave money, and this wasn't done just a couple days ago either. They did this months ago.
When people are dealing with money and hosuing situations, they have to have a little more organization and coordination than this. Cause this is just ridiculous.
And I wouldn't give my money for a deposit on something that's not ready, nor should they accept it.
There's just too much coming about from this. And its not all good.
Hopefully in the end everyone will be happy with the move, but in the meantime, this headache is growing bigger and bigger.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:19 PM

Dont let something thats not your problem give you a headache. They told you September so when October comes and you havent heard anything then you get on the horn and make some noise. Lol!

Old 07-19-2011, 02:25 PM

34 posts, read 43,425 times
Moneboo.... Im suppose to be moving in the 3rd building aka building c

Old 07-19-2011, 03:08 PM

@ Steph...girl...you don't know
I'm just waiting for them to start me up.
I'm known to lose my cool when people cross me.
Just the West Indian in me...lol
But I'm good because nothing has really taken a turn for me yet, so I'm in the clear so far. And it better stay that way too

@Mom2Be...
Apparently I'm supposed to be in that building too, but now i'm hearing all this up and down and round and round about this third building and its making me wonder.
A total of 3 people have already said something about this new building.
I'm just sitting back now because I have a vacation to get over first. You guys, who paid money and deposits and especially you mom2be, you need to get them on their feet. You want to at least be comfortable before the baby comes. I'm not a mother yet, but I know how I am, and to be preggo and about to have my baby and have to worry about moving and what not.....uh uh!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 PM

185 posts, read 243,231 times
@ Stephanie the security deposits are refundable, I asked before I gave it to them. They explained to me that is just to "secure the apartment for you" I kept calling them everyweek to get updates and the ***** told me I can go pick up my money order and withdraw my application if I can't wait !!!!

ALSO THE BUILDING WHERE THE OFFICE IS HAD VACANT STUDIOS FOR THOSE INTERESTED AND DO NOT FEEL LIKE WAITING...

Old 07-19-2011, 07:39 PM

185 posts, read 243,231 times
I mean has**

Old 07-19-2011, 07:51 PM

Thats good that they made it clear that the deposits are refundable. I guess it was because the building wasnt ready yet (well that kind of makes sense). That still doesnt correct the problem that they double lease the same apts. When I first moved into my building I was at the mailbox waiting for the elevator having casual convo with another tenant and she explained to me that the apt she was currently in there were problems because there were 2 people that signed a lease for that apt. She so happend to be the second tenant. She didnt know that until she called Verizon to set up Fios service and while on the phone with Verizon they informed her that they already had an appt fot service connection for that exact apt. She called Knickerbocker and was told that indeed they had doubled leased. For whatever reason they decided to give the apt to her. Idk what they did to accomendate the other family but thats sad because people make all types of plans to move ex; reserving a moving company, change mail address, give current landlord 30 days and even picking out new furniture. I hope its just a small over sight for you guys.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:08 PM

This is getting ridiculous though Stephanie! I know when I'm ready to start packing and going, I don't want these million and one issues. I feel bad because when you anticipate moving and make preparations to move and stuff, then to have all these back and forth info...it becomes stressful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.