Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 04:29 PM

507 posts, read 689,580 times

Advertisements

I went and seen the apartments,I was taken to the 3rd floor and the 2nd..with me and my acheing legs after working all day..you quessed it..well let me tell it like it is..the 1st apartment looked kinda small for a 1 bedroom.and its no hallway!..everything is close.so thats what downsizing means?..theres like 4 closets..so if you have alot of clothes..you better give some away,and the bathroom..this gonna kill you!..its no-tub!..so ladies.all that bubble-bath,and soaking stuff is dead!..and you have to shower-down..and theres no rods for curtains!..and the water drain out through 2 drainage holes in the middle of the floor!..the toilet flushes 2 ways..hummmm-the kitchen..is kinda small,and im use to sitting in the kitchen-reading the newspaper and eating my cap n' crunch. I declined from facing 3rd ave..and looking out the window sucks from that angle.
next!..I was taken to another apartment on the northside..the living room is bigger!..ok..because im getting a bigger flat-screen for my xbox and playstation3..im working with the 46-now..its going into the bedroom..indeed,so the bed room is a decent size-the place has central-air,so anybody wanna buy my 2 air conditioners!?.cheap!..the walk in closet is nice!..I implied about the parking situation..it holds 30-cars!..and they said lottery..DAMM!..you know what that mean?..but they're waiting for all the apartments to be filled.that can take a while!..la terrazza..come on now!.yeah im stil taking it.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 PM

317 posts, read 579,008 times
deli167st.... You better take that darn apartment. We've been your forum therapist for what seems like way too long. Lol! What do you mean theres no bathtub? Are you serious???? Thats something you would see in a basement apartment. I hope the smaller apartment was cheaper than the one your taking. As far as the lottery goes thats very fair. A 30 spot garage is very small but good because that means it'll be more intimate, meaning you will know what car belongs to who and there will be little to no vehicle traffic. I dont think there are too may apartments there anyway and not everyone that moves there will have a car. So the odds of you getting a spot is pretty good. You sound like me because I'm thinking about upgrading to a bigger tv. I have a 46 in my livingroom and the more I look at it the smaller it seems to me. So I'm thinking about upgrading to a 55'. I dont want it for video games (idk what it is about grown men and video games) but just like men have games we women have shoes and bags. Other than that I am very very very happy for you. Now we're just waiting for Moneboo to deliver some good news.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:06 PM

365 posts, read 502,455 times
LoL! Deli...those apartments seem kinda...I dunno man. No bathtub?! And why is that??? Usually, studios will come with that no shower option. I dunno, I've always had a bathtub shower combo...and to not have that would be like death to me! That whole no hallway floorplan seems like the same thing with Bruckner. Everything is open for the most part, however, it's not like your sitting in the kitchen and getting wet by the shower. And the closet space is VERY good. I'm talking walk-in space. The A/C is an actual A/C unit located under the windows in both the living room and bedroom. It seems like you already know which apartment your gonna pick...so all that's left now is to move in. Congrads once again Deli!!!! @ Stephanie...girl, my news will probably come within the next two weeks when I'm stressing over this vacation. I can already see it now. Hopefully it won't be before. Quick question to all those out there, is it true that those retail spots below will house a supermarket?

Old 07-13-2011, 08:43 PM

317 posts, read 579,008 times
I hope your news comes before you leave or when you get back from vacation. The last thing you want is for them to reach out to you via mail/phone call and cant get you because you shaking it up on an island somewhere Lmao! I'm sure if they contact you through mail they will give you a certain amount of days to respond but normally it will be by phone call. If you dont have service where your going then you will be stressing praying they havent been trying to reach you. Considering there is no decent supermarket near you I hope a retail space is reserved for that. We have retail space under my building as well as a supermarket across the street that I cant stand. There stuff is over priced. Its my last resort for a gallon of milk. I'd like to see a Whole Foods supermarket come to the neighborhood that would definitely change the dynamic of the neighborhood.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 PM

The day Whole Foods comes to the Bronx, would be an event. It's a shame that in order to get quality foods and or a healthier selection, you have to travel and spend 70% more. Right now, I have a CTown, a Foodtown and a Key Food near me. If I need anything at all, I can throw on some slippers and run across the street to get in. For shopping, I can walk 5 mins and be in Macy's, New York & Co, Pay Half...not to mention, a 10 min bus ride gets me to Fordham, and a 15 min bus ride gets me to 3rd avenue. I'll miss the conveince of everything that Parkchester has to offer. (Movie theater, shopping, train station 3 blocks away) But, gotta leave my comfort zone

Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
The day Whole Foods comes to the Bronx, would be an event. It's a shame that in order to get quality foods and or a healthier selection, you have to travel and spend 70% more. Right now, I have a CTown, a Foodtown and a Key Food near me. If I need anything at all, I can throw on some slippers and run across the street to get in. For shopping, I can walk 5 mins and be in Macy's, New York & Co, Pay Half...not to mention, a 10 min bus ride gets me to Fordham, and a 15 min bus ride gets me to 3rd avenue. I'll miss the conveince of everything that Parkchester has to offer. (Movie theater, shopping, train station 3 blocks away) But, gotta leave my comfort zone
Lol the day wholefoods come to the bronx will be highway robbery if you ask me. Hipsters woll tweet about it in rejoice from there iphone4s

Old 07-14-2011, 04:32 AM

Dying over here @ that last comment'

Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,444,663 times
There was a food co-op across the street from la terraza, the options where limited but they provided fresh organic fruits, veggies,and whole grain products. Sadly they have been closed down for nearly a year now, the rent was probably to much, and the customers where too few, people in the neighborhood would still rather flock to Mcdonalds and Little ceasars.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:03 AM

Cool ..im finally up moo,and stephanie..yes

I am still tripping over seeing the apartment-yes and thanks for the congrats..like I said..I did qualify for bruckner..but after looking at it real close from my window,since i didnt walk over there in short time..I know mcdonalds is there..and a dunkin doughnuts..the traffic!..my do anybody get any sleep?..the funny thing was I was looking at that spot when they first broke ground like 2yrs ago..I was early in sending/mailing in my application-once they posted it for the public..and seen it in the daily news..indeed,so i was dreaming of getting in from day 1..im over it already..but thats not my reason why im talking bout it..la terrazza!..now thats another thing..you'll stand a much fairer chance dealing with them people who're handelling them cases/applications..because 1-I appealed brucknerbythebridge-and they didnt get back to me..2-I appealed la-terrazza-and they gotton back to me..so what do that tell you?..now after they go through all of them re-jects,and find out they still have like 30-35 units left that are still vacant-then the gonna go back to all the appeals and recheck everything..then possibly reconsider,by then..a few percent of them possibles have already moved-on..and or living in other establishments.
I know personally through my first start of looking for another apartment after christmas/new year..filling out applications and checking the web-sites..filling out applications..depending on lotteries..going on interviews..being put on waiting lists..1 they talking 5 years!..I know a few people who is trying to do the same thing..but they don't possess the faith I do, so leave them where they're at!..you gots to be part of a elite genre of people..people who work..has decent credit..and a solid background..im not tooting my own horn-but im just enlighting the people in the struggle,and trying to get somewhere-finally!!..the sacrifice I went through..not buying things..not going out as much..not driving my car as much..due to the climbing gas prices..not using my credit cards..just give up on things that drains your finances..yes im moving in- in like 2 weeks,I spoke to a cousin of mines..im trading him 1 of my a.c's for a tv-stand he was selling me..because I was going to put the flat-screen on the wall..but after naw..think a stand will be alright.
..again..theres no sit in kichen..but the counter-top is granite..unless you put 2-3 bar stools there..damm i for got to take the measurements for the living-room for a quote on a carpet..I gotta get new drapes..I got like 4000 dvds..so i saw a book shelf on 3rd ave that i need ta-get..I have 1 now..but its old and breaking.I have alot of gadgets..like; 3 dvds plus surround sound system..2 vcr's..computer/printer..microwave..2 flatscreens..and I didnt see the outlets..or noticed..I was too busy looking around..and out the window..ohh men like to play viedo games alot!..the games just cost too darn much..thats why i wait..or borrow a friends..the cable-company?. I got to set up a appointment-transfer from my current apt..i hope they dont try to charge me installation-fees..if so im cutting them-cablevision,and getting verizon..they have a flyer in the lobby..no I didnt get a balcony apartment-tsk tsk..but i do have a little tree-cover for catching some shade!.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:11 AM

Default moneboo-you know..

..make sure you have their fax-phone number before you go on vacation..like steph said..if they mail you a letter,and is accepted..you're going to has to let them know you are..or if you dont-they gonna think you're not..and you're azzed-out!..or get them to email you..but its better to get in contact with the examiner who interviewed you..and sat you down..so did you get in touch with CCMANAGERS.COM?..they handle alot of new buildings and la-terrazza..they are still taking applications there too!-yesterday when i went there..the super said/told me i'll be the 2nd person moving into this floor..and its like 12-14 apt on every floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.