Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM

317 posts, read 579,523 times

Advertisements

Moneboo.... Don't stress they aren't going to hold you liable for rent on an apt you haven't taken possession of. The lease will more than likely have your move in date on it because you and the leasing agent will establish what day you will be moving it. But if the higher floors won't be ready until right before the holiday (smh) than they are better off having you sign the lease at least 2 weeks in advance. For the life of me I don't how they think it's safe to have people move into a building that isn't even 100 percent completed! Can you imagine if you live underneath the apt still under construction? Even if you work remember the workers start at 7 am! Smh!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 02:07 PM

26 posts, read 30,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
@ No_Time...which floor did you pick? And are you a one bedroom or two bedroom tenant?? I'm trying to figure this mess out the best I can.

Originally I wanted the 9th floor and I have a two bedroom. If your a one bedroom then you are on one of the top floors. Most of the one bedrooms and all of the studios are on the 10th floor and up. Above the 9th floor there are 2 two bedrooms per floor. The 7th floor and above are definitly not ready and they have inspection on monday which they are not gonna pass because 7th floor and above are a mess. So to all those who want a higher floor be prepared to wait til atleast the end of oct or early nov. I was also told that if u picked a D,E,K,L unit regardless of the floor (3-9) then you will definitly have to choose another apartment because those lines are reserved for HPD. I choose the 2nd floor.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM

[quote=MadisonG143;20792205]I just moved in on Tuesday and listen when I tell you I was having a moment . When I finally got into my apartment my bathroom light was on and my bathroom is not finished. They're are exposed wires in the bathroom that's an accident waiting to happen. I can't stay in my apt until those things get fixed. I would upload pics but I'm not sure how to get them on here from my phone. Be safe guys and take pictures. I sure did.[/qu

I'm sorry about your dilemma, I hope they fix your apartment soon. The unit I saw was done the only things that need to be done is the shades have to be put up and they have to clean up, other than that I have no issues yet. But that remains to be seen since I actually haven't moved in yet. If you don't mind me asking what floor did you choose?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
Moneboo.... Don't stress they aren't going to hold you liable for rent on an apt you haven't taken possession of. The lease will more than likely have your move in date on it because you and the leasing agent will establish what day you will be moving it. But if the higher floors won't be ready until right before the holiday (smh) than they are better off having you sign the lease at least 2 weeks in advance. For the life of me I don't how they think it's safe to have people move into a building that isn't even 100 percent completed! Can you imagine if you live underneath the apt still under construction? Even if you work remember the workers start at 7 am! Smh!!!

I think that they are signing leases for the above apartments but they don't know when they will get approved for tenants to move in so they probably won't give a move in date until they pass inspection. Thats where it becomes a waiting game, but they will have you sign a lease.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 PM

19 posts, read 24,351 times
ok guys i finally sign my lease today and i chose the 4fl and i move on tuesday well the unit i picked just need to clean and the shade need to be put up i hope i dont have a ploblem with nothing else.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:11 PM

103 posts, read 119,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_love87 View Post
ok guys i finally sign my lease today and i chose the 4fl and i move on tuesday well the unit i picked just need to clean and the shade need to be put up i hope i dont have a ploblem with nothing else.

Did you ask about the tv?

Old 09-08-2011, 04:58 PM

17 posts, read 23,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_love87 View Post

You have a 1 or 2 bedroom? Also where did you go because I know they changed leasing offices and my appointment is for tomorrow

Old 09-08-2011, 05:34 PM

507 posts, read 690,144 times
..well stephanie..i--know where i'll be living if i made $100k!..and it won't be around these crazzy-ass-cab drivers!.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:56 PM

317 posts, read 579,523 times
Deli.... You got that right. I dont even drive down 3rd ave because I be so tempted to throw something out my car window. I'm just find it interesting that people believe that low-income will bring drama. Over the weekend I watch people from my complex take water based drawing chalk and draw all over our pavement within the complex. Mind you Knickerbocker just had it done a little over a month ago. I was so disgusted. As I walked by I looked at them and just shook my head in disgust. They weren't little children, they were teenagers. As a parent how do you think it's ok for your children to go outside to draw on the complex property? I mean Staples just had a great sale on colored paper. You should've bought them some. The funny thing about it is they live in the "middle income" building. Smh! So that just goes to show that ones financial standing wont guarantee a better quality. That's ok because even though we had all that rain that washed it away I still put a call into our new management Wavecrest and hopefully they will send letters to these grown ass tenants letting them know that they shouldn't be using the complex as their personal coloring book. If outsiders see that it will definitely invite people to start with the graffiti and once that happens I'm outta here.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 PM

801 posts, read 1,108,048 times
Middle income, high income, low income,!!! Please what's the deal?? I mean this has me sick already, it doesn't matter where you come from , everybody has a illness whatever it has, drugs , alcohol , (gethos,hood, greedy, fanatics, ect) !!! I just want you to know that this building will be safe inside but this hood right is the most dangerous around in this area.specially the projects a cross the bridge. I'm sorry but come on !! This is like saying rich and poor, or blacks , Whites or Spanish !! What makes people on This forum so special? A good credit , a good income ? What kind of human been sees a a kid walking with out shoes, and judges their parents for let him walk like that and doesn't understand the situation as well ?? Instead of be part of the problem be part of the solution.understand this : this is why a lot of people lose focus on theirselves , they stop living their life to live others as well!!I personally had to worried about me going out to work in the night crossing that bring to get to the train and make it back home safe. That place is lact of security fields. And is totally aislated,. Sorry to flip a little bit but , this overwhelms me ,people classified other people. It's not worthit!! Peace and love to verybody!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery