Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 04:59 PM

317 posts, read 579,118 times

Advertisements

Actually no matter what day you sign your lease the rent will always be due on the first of each month but they will give you the 5 day grace period. What they will do is if you move in during the middle of month all they're going to do is pro-rate the rent. But can you imagine how difficult and frustrating it would be to keep track of whose rent is due when if you allow them to pay their rent each month according to the date they actually took possession of the apt? That would be chaotic. Bruckner is already having issues staying organized so let's not give them anymore responsibilities. It's just so much easier for all tenants to pay their rent on the 1st. Slim.....how is the 1 months free rent gonna work? Or do you just pay the 1 months security? Did you get your free tv? Or have they stopped that?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 PM

19 posts, read 24,329 times
thanks guys for the advise, i will ask all the question that i have when i sign my lease tomofrow. Stephanie davenport they told me that they are using the deposit as the one month rent because they have us waiting for long time i though it was because they changed management but is not, about the tv i had asked for one when i first saw my unit but i will ask the tomorrow about that to see if they stoped it or not.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:38 PM

507 posts, read 689,715 times
..of course..of course--you driving slim..but you checked out the price of gas?..plus over there at a certain time--its crazy with the traffic,still if you're by the #6 train,and it goes express straight to hunts point ave..BBTB--knickerbocker is right around the corner..and you plus might get a ticket by them damm--metermaids!..because when i went there I fed the meter..and kept peeping at my watch..and you know they gonna make you wait awhile!..its funny they don't answer the phone..but when you're there in person..they do!..heyy..just go there and-stand in the window..and pull out your cellphone and call them..the receptionist is sitting right there!..and don't use a pay-phone!..they'll say hold-please!..and your time will lapse,and the operator will ask for another quarter..and then afterwards..she'll hang up on you!..well..i know that--feelin..been through that--before!..ohh yeah blue!..paying for credit check is illegal..thats just a extra-tax!..yet..you cant present a copy of your own credit-check..its like getting a abstract from the dmv..$10.00..and its good for every 30-days!..so the lady at ccmanagers told me that!..I wasn't charged a-dime!..for my check,so you better see em!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:42 PM

507 posts, read 689,715 times
..no you cant move in on the first you sign your lease..like stephanie said..they gotta do a walk through to see if everything's alright...then call con-edison,and the cable company..see and for the next answer..im charging you.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:47 PM

317 posts, read 579,118 times
Slim.....I'm sorry for getting all up in your business but if they're going to use your deposit as the first months rent then what happens once your lease is up and for whatever reason you choose not to re-new your lease or vice versa? Won't that leave you w/o a security deposit to get back? That's a great question to ask at the lease signing.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 PM

26 posts, read 30,770 times
HELLLLLLLOOOOOOO! I just got back from my lease signing and I am proud to say that I am officially a tenant at BBTB!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:36 PM

103 posts, read 119,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Time324 View Post
HELLLLLLLOOOOOOO! I just got back from my lease signing and I am proud to say that I am officially a tenant at BBTB!
Congrats!!!!... Did they tell u when u could move in?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:38 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,261,073 times
For the love of God, I hope BBTB does NOT become "ghettofied" by renting to ghetto trashy tenants on section 8 or welfare. The Bronx has more than enough ghetto people and ghetto apartment buildings, the last thing the Bronx needs is to have such a beautiful NEW building become a the "projects" because it choose the wrong tenants to rent to. A building this beautiful should cater and rent to middle and upper-middle class residents to diversify the community.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 PM

26 posts, read 30,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaldez213 View Post
Congrats!!!!... Did they tell u when u could move in?

My move in date sep 17. I had to choose another unit because HPD has chosen apartments for "their ppl" (whatever thats supposed to mean). I was told that most of the units are taken and others haven't been finished yet. The higher floors are definitly not ready and they haven't been approved so a future date of early nov is the best they can tell you.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:13 PM

801 posts, read 1,106,562 times
Hey guys!! Well I'm not that good with process of information at all . But now what's the thread with the new management ? Are they going to take away the promotion from that building away? Meaning the free month and flatscreen also? I don't think that's fare cuz people already had the promotion.anyway they better come up with something for me tomorrow. About the movin in, a couple a weeks ago I saw one of the agents giving a lease and the keys also to a man and they told him that he can move right away .well Im concern now on what is it that I had to deal with the new management and I hope is not full of BS... Like knickerboker . Let's se what happened !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.