Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM

131 posts, read 338,510 times

Advertisements

boy, you leave for a day and you miss a lot.

Just wanted to update everyone. I was called the end of last week and I went in yesterday and picked out a 1 bedroom. I got the last of 2 that was left for $260,000.00 . So here we go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlemchick26 View Post
Let's stick to the sharing of information and not the attack on each other. I appreciate Kefir's comments because he/she does offer a counterargument to some of the posts that are on this site. I also appreciate the positive things that are said on the site because they help to reinforce why I am moving forward in the process. This is a huge purchase for everyone and we need to make educated, informed decisions. Hearing both sides of an argument are helpful. There will always be cheerleaders and nay-sayers. At the end of the day, it's your name on the contract.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Hi Harlemchick26,

I agree with you totally, I could not have said it better. I do think for the most part that there has been a productive sharing of pro's & con's for this project, and counter arugments, especially from people that have a REAL vested interest in it. I must say though, I do find that when a person comes on just to make incendiary remarks and it add's nothing to the discussion it can be frustrating.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg8215 View Post
I just want to throw a thanks out to Soontobe for creating this thread. It has been a great point of reference. Topics that I wasn't even aware of are being discussed and shared freely. Its no small thing that the selling agent is giving us updates through this thread. If I end up getting in, its nice to know that some of you will be my neighbors.
thanks for that mg8215, but it's really everyone that is making this a success, and I agree w/you, It was huge that Mike signed on though it shut us down for a mintue LOL as far as communicating w/each other, but the most important thing is the information.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM

Default re: Selling agent!

Mike,

thanks, that will be very helpful. It is much appreciated.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:50 PM

39 posts, read 74,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post

Just wanted to update everyone. I was called the end of last week and I went in yesterday and picked out a 1 bedroom. I got the last of 2 that was left for $260,000.00 . So here we go!
Congratulations to you! Just curious, did they rush you in picking your unit like they did to me? Have your latest pay stubs & bank statements handy as they call for copies every month. They just called me.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM

47 posts, read 84,168 times
Is anyone able to go to this informational meeting? I hope you will take dubious notes!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 PM

20 posts, read 40,020 times
La Celia'ers,

I generally stop by Otto Bar afterwork on Thursdays to wind down and enjoy a glass of wine (this is not an Advertisement). This will be a time to get to know you and visa versa. I recently sold Via Verde (Bronx Coop) and the folks are now meeting after closing. I figure this may be better than waiting.

I've sold publicly subsidized home ownership opportunities in NYC since 1986 and have a great knowledge of public policy, operations and maintenance, property management, construction and design, and shareholder organizing. I sold the first HDC financed Coop ( developed by L&M) and now the last (also L&M). In the ten years between these two developments, I've sold 13 buildings in this program.

I do hope that non-applicants attend as well. I will clarify all issues related to "affordable" housing in NYC. For those who cannot attend, please post a few short answer questions (no essays). I'll try my best to speak factually and not add my opinion as this is not a housing think-tank.

Mike Reed, not as selling agent on this one.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanti924 View Post
Congratulations to you! Just curious, did they rush you in picking your unit like they did to me? Have your latest pay stubs & bank statements handy as they call for copies every month. They just called me.
Thanks Chanti924; yes, I was prepared based on previous post. I had another set of eyes w/me and I told them what I was looking for. They of course loved the apartment and here I am. LOL. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 AM

184 posts, read 334,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post

Awesome!!! Very happy for you. Exciting exciting exciting news!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
Awesome!!! Very happy for you. Exciting exciting exciting news!

LOL, Now you can start counting down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery