Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:03 PM

24 posts, read 44,475 times

Advertisements

Oh my God guys!!! this is really happening! so exciting. My closing is supposed to happen in less than 2 weeks...! Chase has been a bit of a pain and my loan processor has been giving me mixed messages about the stats of my application, so annoying ugh. but apparently all is in order and it seems like I will make it on the original date. I have not done anything about the move though...until get those keys, i feel hesitant to start selling random things that I don't wish to keep. Anyway what a trip to know that many of us will see each other soon down the hallways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 PM

36 posts, read 56,663 times
Hi all,

Congrats to all of you that had your closing or will close soon!!!!

I have to complete homeonwership course, does anyone know which agency is best in terms of co$t and how quick they work?

Old 04-18-2013, 04:28 AM

27 posts, read 38,992 times
Default Home ownership course

"Congrats to all of you that had your closing or will close soon!!!!

I have to complete homeonwership course, does anyone know which agency is best in terms of co$t and how quick they work?"

Neighborhood Housing services offers a fast track course.

Welcome To The NHS of New York City Web Site!

Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 AM

39 posts, read 74,185 times
Default Homeownership course

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRoadie View Post
"Congrats to all of you that had your closing or will close soon!!!!

I have to complete homeonwership course, does anyone know which agency is best in terms of co$t and how quick they work?"

Neighborhood Housing services offers a fast track course.

Welcome To The NHS of New York City Web Site!
Ask your lender. Chase e-mailed me an online course sponsored by Genworth and it was FREE. 10 simple questions. Make sure you print & save your certificate after completion.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 AM

26 posts, read 41,995 times
I'm closing at 2:00PM today. I hope it goes smoothly.

El Barrio Girl, I would keep following up with Chase. Dave has been awesome (and the ONLY reason I would even think of recommending Chase ever again), but the processing end has not been all that great. My processor switched departments right at the end of my process. The old one kept losing documents during the 3+ months he was assigned to me. He said he would finish everything up before he left and then when I called to introduce myself to my new processor there were a bunch of items outstanding. It wasn't until I got firm with them and told them I was unhappy with their customer service that things started moving swiftly. I'm still not convinced all the loose ends have been tied up and won't until I get the keys in my hand! If I were you El Barrio Girl I would just keep checking in every 2-3 days until you get notice that you are "clear to close". I think the ONLY reason they finally got on the ball is because my appraisal expires on Saturday.

I really don't think we need approval to paint our apartments, it really isn't a modification at all. I may ask about it at closing today depending on the mood in the room.

I couldn't sleep last night! I am so ready for this process to be done. It has been a long 6+ months.

Last edited by nycnick; 04-18-2013 at 07:05 AM..

Old 04-18-2013, 09:40 AM

49 posts, read 79,490 times
I called management and told me you don't need unless is done by a contracter, if you or you family member does it. It's ok

Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM

36 posts, read 56,663 times
I called nhs and their fast track cost $150. They also have an online course for $50 .
Has anyone completed any of these? Are they both good for bank homeoweneship purposes?

Last edited by Home3; 04-18-2013 at 10:03 AM..

Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 AM

95 posts, read 342,574 times
Hi everyone!

I have been following this thread in the hopes of getting information on buying an affordable coop. There's another project which is I the final stages, it's called The Park clinton, in Hell's Kitchen. Maybe I'll start a thread on that one since this one has been so helpful.

I was wondering if anyone here received help for the down payment or you had to come up with the money on your own. My husband and I are saving as much as we can with one income, but we're not sure if we are going to have enough when the time comes.

Sorry for hijacking the thread and thanks in advanced!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 AM

338 posts, read 677,009 times
love2live, you may qualify for an HPD HomeFirst grant--they will cover either the down payment or closing costs. It has to be your first home purchase (I think) and there are income restrictions as well.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM

27 posts, read 38,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3 View Post
I called nhs and their fast track cost $150. They also have an online course for $50 .
Has anyone completed any of these? Are they both good for bank homeoweneship purposes?
I did the online course, then went in for an hqour follow up yo get the certificate. Call the NHS number on their website, they are very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery