Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 06:52 PM

7 posts, read 10,703 times

Advertisements

Going in to hopefully sign a lease tomorrow. Need deposit and first month rent in bank certified checks. I called and asked lady about pets since when I first applied they told me it would be okay for a cat. The lady initially had told me "if you have a pet already, we won't make you get rid of it." However, when I asked the rep at the Bronx office, she seemed shocked that they had said that since "the lease says no pets." She said she would find out by tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 07:16 PM

913 posts, read 2,277,017 times
I do sales in a retail bank. So I know what kind people have money by the way they dress and also know at the first of the month what kind of people flood the bank are the bottom of the barrel because they live off government assistance such as public assistance which comes from hardworking people's paycheck such as yourself to help someone like them who can't and refuse to better themselves. It's a vicious cycle and someone hard working like you shouldn't have to be subjected to that.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:19 PM

HopefulQ41,

keep us posted on the pet situation. Good luck and congrats on the new place?

You on a high or low floor, 2 bedroom, expensive or lower priced units? Also, how many months did this process take you?

Old 06-05-2014, 07:38 PM

Q41apartments, Thanks but not sure of anything yet!

The floorplan I signed was for a studio on the 9th floor. I did see some other crossed out names on the floor plan. The entire process took forever. I think I initially applied in November?? Went in to drop off papers maybe 2 months after and after not hearing back for months after that, finally was called in Feb to see if I was still interested. Went in to view several units around April (?) and was asked to bring in additional paperwork. I had some issues with some papers and needed more letters, etc., they gave me 5 business days to bring missing documents in. I even received a rejection letter the day I went in with updated documents (they told me to disregard the letter and they would reactivate my file). Was called a couple days ago to answer some more questions. On Tues, received a call to come in for lease signing.

This whole process is making me go crazy with the waiting/anticipation!

Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 PM

Oh my goodness. They are truly unbelievable. How did you apply in November when the application deadline was summer of 2013?

Do you mind me asking what kind of documents did they want from you? They seem to what everyone's life story.

I'm happy 4 u. Hell...i wish i was you. But i do truly believe hardworking people who applied and got a unit at Q41 really deserve this.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:26 PM

Oh sorry I guess maybe it was end of summer when I applied. I don't remember since it was so long ago.

They wanted 4 current consecutive paystubs, 2013 tax returns, employment verifications with salary, and if you had a previous job proof that you no longer work there. I think that was it. Pretty sure I handed in more forms before though. Also don't really remember everything. I filled out a bunch of forms there (they have a notary at the Q41 offices so Ididnt have to go somewhere to get forms notarized).

Oh eventually they want the $50 for credit check (money order).

Thanks again. hopefully things work out, ahh. Scary to be in limbo.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Keep us posted once you get it and if you got a 1 or 2 bedroom.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:43 PM

Anyone else who has recently attended an apartment showing get a rejection letter? It's been a month since I visited the complex and not a peep yet.

MsKitty, anything on your end?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:26 PM

28 posts, read 50,078 times
I saw the apartment building coming into queens on the queensboro brige and I did see this time a lot of apartments with lights on, at least the ones facing manhattan. I guess it is true that there are only 12 units left.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:55 AM

Let's not forget about the units that are up for sale. I wonder if anyone has brought any of those units. Also, I wonder if a buyer factors in whether their investment is worth it when 90% of the building is specifically dedicated to middle income. I always hear people who own real estate how they don't want their property to go down in value and always give me examples of what they deem to be factors into lowering real estate value.

I find those things to be very intriguing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery