Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 02:46 PM

25 posts, read 49,534 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster, and fellow lottery winner. ( in low 200's). I got an email from my Related Liason Caseworker whos very nice, and she said in it that they "are now moving forward, and anticipate Lease Signings & Move Ins Sept 15-Oct 1st." Yay! So someone posted that their caseworker/contact at Related told them that 529 was now at "indefinite" move-in mode, I don't understand that! Also, I did go on that commercial website "nycArtspaces" that Hanging posted, and it said the status of 529 first floor commercial space is now "we leased this space". So I agree w/ Hanging...if Related ready to move in Commercial people, move us in now, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 02:56 PM

25 posts, read 49,534 times
BTW, IKYKWIA, Thank you for the informative posting above, with the 28 outstanding things that need to be done detailed. Yay, we getting trees out front!

Old 09-08-2014, 03:14 PM

26 posts, read 96,581 times
KarenSoho, I talked to my caseworker, and either he's the tightest lipped caseworker at Related, or he's a sadist, because all he we'll say is that they "hope" to be opening soon, but he doesn't know anything for certain. I would love to think the building will be open somewhere between September 15 and October 1. But since Sept. 15 is a week away I would say next week is an impossibility and even the week of the 22nd seems highly doubtful, considering. The 29th? And then we're in October...

Old 09-09-2014, 03:19 PM

26 posts, read 96,581 times
I spoke to my case worker again and he said they anticipate opening the building in October.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:30 PM

93 posts, read 248,792 times
Okay, so KarenSoho is more on the mark (Sept15-Oct 1) than that Naysayer/Negative Nellie that posted the " move-ins are now indefinite" (pg 23). Well Negative Nellie can chum with Young Joe at the "move in" party we going to have in the Conference Room. :/ Cus Us Positive Peeps (also known as Team Whimsical) are gonna High Five each other all day and all night at that party! and

Old 09-09-2014, 04:36 PM

62 posts, read 140,786 times
Default misinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangingByaThread View Post
Okay, so KarenSoho is more on the mark (Sept15-Oct 1) than that Naysayer/Negative Nellie that posted the " move-ins are now indefinite" (pg 23). Well Negative Nellie can chum with Young Joe at the "move in" party we having in the Conference Roomnow! Cus Us Positive Peeps (also known as Team Whimsical) are gonna High Five each other all day and all night at that party! and

I think that poster only relayed what she/he was told. And we've all been guessing because of a major lack of info. Anyway, I also talked to my caseworker and she also said by October, so good news (hopefully!) for all of us.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:22 PM

I hear you, MumzE. Just trying to keep a sense of humor with this "ride" we've been on!
oh, btw, "high five" is SO 1990's. What was I thinking? We gotta "fist bump" at the party!

Old 09-09-2014, 08:35 PM

14 posts, read 28,636 times
MumzE, you are correct in saying that "the poster only relayed what she/he was told". I don't think it helps anyone to be excessively pessimistic or optimistic, just objective.

I did grill my artist friend further about what exactly the Related caseworker told him. He said he was told that they are just as frustrated as the applicants with the delay and that it's the result of having to get a license for this, a permit for that, and the list goes on and on (I'm guessing the 28 requirements posted earlier are a clue).

On top of that there is something about the location that needs to be cleared or that's making the clearance process more difficult.

The caseworker didn't know when this would be over and said it may take a while, so my friend isn't sure if he actually used the words "indefinite delay" or he just interpreted it that way.

In any case, my hunch is that most of the people who were shown units and asked recently to update their financials will be offered a lease, but I'm also guessing that a small number in this group may not. It's either because of their change in status or just pure psychology (if a caseworker likes you or not and decides to bump you up or down).

Old 09-11-2014, 05:02 PM

Tjayn, your post above states to be "objective, not excessively pessimistic or optimistic."
Yeah, good luck with THAT train of thought.. for ARTISTS to be "objective", not "excessively" pessimistic/optimistic. You kidding me?
Anyway, your last sentence in your post was….excessively pessimistic, NOT objective. "if a caseworker likes you or not and decides to bump you up or down). Really? come on now!

Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 AM

14 posts, read 28,636 times
HangingByaThread, relax, my guess is that if you've gotten this far you'll probably be offered a lease. What I'm saying is what Related has been repeating all along like a mantra: don't break open the champagne until it's a done deal. That's all.

Maybe I'm superstitious but from my experience, whenever I expect the worst I'm pleasantly surprised. Whenever I get cocky and expect the best I'm disappointed.

As to the psychology of a caseworker, ever deal with that 5-10% of waiters or waitresses or sales persons or agents or bosses who like you or don't like you? You either get preferential treatment or the opposite. Happens all the time. Nothing to do with how qualified you are. Human nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery