Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 05:24 AM

64 posts, read 145,999 times

Advertisements

Please call 311,they can put you in touch with the right person at HPD, that's how I got my apartment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 08:19 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,462,462 times
What do you mean BG "lies"? What did they lie about? Did they lie about not receiving your appeal? With anything like an appeal, or anything with the lottery, you need to send it in way so that they're forced to sign for it. If it turned down your appeal, you can appeal directly to HPD, which you can't do until the original appeal is turned down. Bear in mind that you only have 5 business days to file an HPD appeal (which technically is called a complaint). You can send it through the HPD Compliance email. HPD Compliance also has a help line, which is good for quick questions. I've had an awful experience with BG, which is not yet over. Frankly, I think they're handling too many buildings. They're completely incompetent. Good luck.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:03 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirkervin View Post
Please call 311,they can put you in touch with the right person at HPD, that's how I got my apartment
This happened last fall. Acts are long gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
What do you mean BG "lies"? What did they lie about? Did they lie about not receiving your appeal? With anything like an appeal, or anything with the lottery, you need to send it in way so that they're forced to sign for it. If it turned down your appeal, you can appeal directly to HPD, which you can't do until the original appeal is turned down. Bear in mind that you only have 5 business days to file an HPD appeal (which technically is called a complaint). You can send it through the HPD Compliance email. HPD Compliance also has a help line, which is good for quick questions. I've had an awful experience with BG, which is not yet over. Frankly, I think they're handling too many buildings. They're completely incompetent. Good luck.
They claimed I sent it after the deadline, even though I had proof from the post office as well as a reply via email stating exactly what day I needed to mail it by and I sent it one day before that.

I know they just didn't want to deal with my appeal, the appeal had over 100 pages and I'm sure it was too "much" work for them.

Also I don't give a flying **** if they are handling too many buildings, don't take them on if you can't handle them!

Old 06-04-2017, 05:44 PM

They're total morons over there. I know "morons" is not a PC word, but I don't care. It's the only word that fits. HPD needs to be made aware of Breaking Gound's total incompetence.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:34 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
They're total morons over there. I know "morons" is not a PC word, but I don't care. It's the only word that fits. HPD needs to be made aware of Breaking Gound's total incompetence.
I don't even think they are morons. I think they are extremely lazy and fudge things for their benefit.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:35 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,077 times
So basically, you guys are telling me I have to report BG to 311 to get them to process my appeal?

Old 06-05-2017, 09:04 AM

No. You should call BG to ask about its status (or email them). If they deny your appeal, the next step is to appeal (technically it's a Complaint) to HPD Compiance (you can email or write). If BG denies your appeal, the info for contacting HPD will be at the bottom of the letter.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:31 PM

Yes call 311,ASAP THEY IGNORED ME AFTER MY APPEAL,THEN SAID I WON BUT THEY HAD NO MORE APARTMENT,AND THAT I WAS ON WAITING LIST.FOR APARTMENT WHEN I KNOW IF YOU APPEAL YOU PUT a lock on the apartment and they can not rent it till you have been though all your appeal,and HPD is th ed last appeal, you have to lose for them to rent it to another person

Old 06-05-2017, 12:47 PM

Ok, I defer to NoirKevin. Do what this poster says. The number for HPD Compliance is 212-863-7990. It's a helpline, and they do pick up and generally give good info. Tell them that BG is ignoring your appeal. They'll ask when you filed it, etc. Let us know what happens.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:58 PM

And when dealing with any apartment project filling companies,try to do it by email ,that way you can print them out and use against them if so needed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery