Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 07:32 AM

21 posts, read 53,560 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

Looking for any comments on when you heard back from Housing Lottery? I had my interview beginning of August, was told I'd hear back in a month. It's been a month and two weeks. I'm going nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 08:09 AM

160 posts, read 277,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmahoney View Post
Hi all!

Looking for any comments on when you heard back from Housing Lottery? I had my interview beginning of August, was told I'd hear back in a month. It's been a month and two weeks. I'm going nuts.
These lotteries will do that to you. I was interviewed in June. Still haven’t even been shown an apartment. But from interview to the first time I heard back it did take about a month. Call your case worker.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:31 PM

Thanks Jmatias! I finally heard something. Apparently they're reviewing other lower log numbers before they can process me...sigh. I'd thought I was in much better standing. Only one apartment available in my income bracket so I'm feeling not too hopeful.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:33 PM

160 posts, read 277,691 times
Quote:
Thanks Jmatias! I finally heard something. Apparently they're reviewing other lower log numbers before they can process me...sigh. I'd thought I was in much better standing. Only one apartment available in my income bracket so I'm feeling not too hopeful.
Yea for me it’s the same every time I call. I was approved and all but “we are processing in low order number” so annoying. There’s only 4 apts for me too. Just gotta wait it out.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:36 PM

...and what a cruel wait! I wish you the best of luck.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 9,299 times
I recently was called for an interview for The Affordable Housing Connect and the very next day I received an E-mail stating that my Application was denied because I went over the Maximum allowed which was $230 over. The six paystubs that I summited had over time on them. I then summited an appeal letter along with my all my 2018 Paystubs since January 1 and a letter of Employment Verification which has my Annual salary and Hourly rate. I need some Advice because even with the over time I still wouldn't go over the maximum allow at the end of the year. They based my income on six paystubs only. Any advice?
Does anyone know who could I contact about appeals? I do qualify.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:43 PM

5 posts, read 9,370 times
I am in the same boat. I was told that my income went over my $75. Smh. I appealed and now I'm waiting.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:48 AM

5 posts, read 8,428 times
Quote:
Same happens to me.. 1 month and 1 week ago was my interview, still waiting.. called my worked 2 weeks ago and told me the same thing as you.. " Working with lower log # first and only 1 apartment available"

Old 11-18-2019, 09:46 AM

3 posts, read 5,448 times
Hey there, so I was denied an apartment due to my income not meeting the guidlines, however my income has changed and is well within the guidelines since the application. I have appealed and emailed and faxed the explanation and required documentation to my case worker, however, I have not been able to get in contact to see if they have been received. The 10 days required has not passed as yet but i just wanted to make sure they're received.

Can anyone tell me how long it took you to hear back after you submitted your documents for an appeal? Should I contact the HPD or just wait for a response?

Old 11-18-2019, 11:41 AM

87 posts, read 80,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vervain View Post
Hey there, so I was denied an apartment due to my income not meeting the guidlines, however my income has changed and is well within the guidelines since the application. I have appealed and emailed and faxed the explanation and required documentation to my case worker, however, I have not been able to get in contact to see if they have been received. The 10 days required has not passed as yet but i just wanted to make sure they're received.

Can anyone tell me how long it took you to hear back after you submitted your documents for an appeal? Should I contact the HPD or just wait for a response?
Im going through same thing they replied and said I now met the guidelines for 70% ami
Im thinking should i go to hpd now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery