Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 01:17 PM

20 posts, read 20,712 times

Advertisements

I literally just received my rejection letter from BG stating I’ve exceeded the max income. This is so frustrating and just a blow to all the new things i saw coming along with this apartment of my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 01:41 PM

102 posts, read 156,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGirl30 View Post
I literally just received my rejection letter from BG stating I’ve exceeded the max income. This is so frustrating and just a blow to all the new things i saw coming along with this apartment of my own.
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of variables did they take into consideration that pushed you over? Anything unexpected?

Old 07-06-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar1975 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of variables did they take into consideration that pushed you over? Anything unexpected?
Nothing unexpected that I’ve noticed just yet. I did ask for an explanation as to how they came up with that determination as well as the calculations and the response i was given was The highest number is the average of your pay stubs multiplied by 26 pay weeks for the year.

Old 07-06-2020, 02:17 PM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGirl30 View Post
Nothing unexpected that I’ve noticed just yet. I did ask for an explanation as to how they came up with that determination as well as the calculations and the response i was given was The highest number is the average of your pay stubs multiplied by 26 pay weeks for the year.
Since they're multiplying by 26, make sure that's correct. If you get paid every other week, say, every other Friday, they should multiply by 26. However, if you get paid twice a month, on the 1st and then on the 15th of the month, let's say, they should multiply by 24.

This error pops up from time to time, so it's good to check.

Old 07-06-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Since they're multiplying by 26, make sure that's correct. If you get paid every other week, say, every other Friday, they should multiply by 26. However, if you get paid twice a month, on the 1st and then on the 15th of the month, let's say, they should multiply by 24.

This error pops up from time to time, so it's good to check.
Thank for thank info and yes since i do get paid every other week than 26 would be correct. It’s unfortunate but it must not have been meant for me. Thanks again.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:58 AM

3 posts, read 2,597 times
Has anyone dealt with COVID19 unemployment income being factored into their application? I just got rejected, claiming that they calculated my UI for $147x52 ($7644 - I already knew it would be calculated this way) - but they left out the 16weeks of $600 pandemic unemployment payments ($9600 - 17244 all together). I was told that I am roughly $3000 short.

Obviously this is legitimate income - I've already made MORE than what they calculated for me.

Also they used my w2 from last year, for a job I started in july, with variable paychecks that are higher before july

Does anyone know if I should appeal with the employer verification form my company sent?

any help? On what to include? Do you think I have a shot with an appeal?

Old 08-10-2020, 12:34 PM

18 posts, read 16,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxtlr View Post
Has anyone dealt with COVID19 unemployment income being factored into their application? I just got rejected, claiming that they calculated my UI for $147x52 ($7644 - I already knew it would be calculated this way) - but they left out the 16weeks of $600 pandemic unemployment payments ($9600 - 17244 all together). I was told that I am roughly $3000 short.

Obviously this is legitimate income - I've already made MORE than what they calculated for me.

Also they used my w2 from last year, for a job I started in july, with variable paychecks that are higher before july

Does anyone know if I should appeal with the employer verification form my company sent?

any help? On what to include? Do you think I have a shot with an appeal?

Hey so I got approved for my apartment but I did have 3 months of UI + the pandemic pay (took a 3 month leave of absence from work) and when I explained that to the marketing agent, she said they would only count UI and not the pandemic pay. She said this was due to the fact that pandemic pay is temporary due an act passed by Congress because of the current health crisis.

Since they are suppose to be estimating yearly salary they don't count pandemic pay because next year or the year after that, you won't be getting pandemic pay. Hope I'm making sense.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgirl View Post
Hey so I got approved for my apartment but I did have 3 months of UI + the pandemic pay (took a 3 month leave of absence from work) and when I explained that to the marketing agent, she said they would only count UI and not the pandemic pay. She said this was due to the fact that pandemic pay is temporary due an act passed by Congress because of the current health crisis.

Since they are suppose to be estimating yearly salary they don't count pandemic pay because next year or the year after that, you won't be getting pandemic pay. Hope I'm making sense.

That does make sense - thanks for explaining! So you qualified, even without the pandemic pay?

However I don't agree with the logic. If I were to try and *hide* $9600, I'd be in serious trouble. And now I have to fight to prove well documented income? The bit about pandemic pay being temporary doesn't make sense either...considering that UI benefits are also temporary by definition.

Anyone think I can make a case? Or do you think this is a policy from HPD as well?

Old 08-11-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrical View Post
For anyone who has gone through the appeal process, do you submit all documents that you previously submitted in the application including the documents used for the appeal? I was just wondering if I need to ask my employer for the employment verification and the letter he wrote explaining why my hours were reduced. He submitted them directly to the management BG.

I was also wondering when you wrote the appeal did you go into long details or just bullet point facts. I'm sure everyone has a difficult situation but does explaining that any help. Or is it better to not waste their time and explain in a paragraph or 2 why they shouldn't have denied the application.

Thank you in advance. I'm in the process, stressed and asking everyone their opinion.
Did you end up submitting the employer verification form? I'm wondering if i should do the same

Old 09-17-2020, 02:58 PM

62 posts, read 91,828 times
Hey guys I got a letter back in June saying I was ineligible but was able to appeal it which I did cause I do now qualify income wise. I called up asking if they got the documents I was supposed to submit, they told me the manager hasn't reviewed appeals yet, that was back in June I called back up today and they told me the same thing. Does anyone have an idea of the time frame it takes for them to review your appeal ? This is my first time getting called for any lottery and unsure of how it works.

Thanks in advanced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery