Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 02:42 PM

494 posts, read 557,287 times

Advertisements

I just passed compliance and will sign paperwork tomorrow. She said after that it should take 2 weeks for HPD approval. From what I read here if a unit number is listed on the paperwork I’m pretty much in the clear unless hpd has any more questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 04:06 PM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
That's great news, Satyrical! You're almost there!

Not to be a downer, but be aware that you can still be asked for updated pay stubs, so avoid overtime or anything that will change your numbers. My friend had that happen to her. Her apartment almost derailed because she was docked two days' pay because she had food poisoning. (Don't eat any undercooked burritos either. )

Old 01-30-2020, 07:53 PM

33 posts, read 49,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrical View Post
I just passed compliance and will sign paperwork tomorrow. She said after that it should take 2 weeks for HPD approval. From what I read here if a unit number is listed on the paperwork I’m pretty much in the clear unless hpd has any more questions.
Hi Satyrical, congrats on winning your appeal! I just sent one back as well for a ML coop and am waiting to hear back - your posts were really helpful. It's really encouraging to hear HPD got back to you so quickly, and I'm so happy for you that the appeal went in your favor. Congrats again!

Old 01-31-2020, 03:11 PM

494 posts, read 557,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTake View Post
Hi Satyrical, congrats on winning your appeal! I just sent one back as well for a ML coop and am waiting to hear back - your posts were really helpful. It's really encouraging to hear HPD got back to you so quickly, and I'm so happy for you that the appeal went in your favor. Congrats again!
I hope you were able to win your appeal.

I just wanted everyone to know HPD approved me. It took 2 days. I will visit the apartment and sign leases next week and will move in the following week. Right in time for Presidents’ Day sales! However I won’t be 100% stress free until I have the keys in my hands.

I’m so happy this process is almost over. The amount of time and stress is crazy but worth it.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:48 PM

133 posts, read 141,514 times
Well, my process was very straight forward, I sent my appeal but never reached them, apparently due to issues with the post office delivering mail due to COVID19 lockdown, so a bit over a month after the deadline I emailed them explaining my issues with the mail and a snapshot of my 2019 W2 form. They accepted my appeal a week later and it looks like they are now reviewing my income as they have requested tons of information about my bank and investment accounts.

So I guess the appealing process is different for everyone, however, I am extremely glad that they accepted my email appear after almost a month of haven sent my mail appeal, which they never received.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:01 PM

133 posts, read 141,514 times
Quick question, how do you find out how many units are left in your income bracket? My log # is 8X for another lottery, but there are only 7 units in my income bracket, there are not CB preference but there is a preference for people with disabilities, so I feel like I am in a very tricky position; close enough to feel hopeful, but far enough to be waitlisted :S

Old 05-10-2020, 08:25 AM

77 posts, read 73,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by issapi27 View Post
Well, my process was very straight forward, I sent my appeal but never reached them, apparently due to issues with the post office delivering mail due to COVID19 lockdown, so a bit over a month after the deadline I emailed them explaining my issues with the mail and a snapshot of my 2019 W2 form. They accepted my appeal a week later and it looks like they are now reviewing my income as they have requested tons of information about my bank and investment accounts.

So I guess the appealing process is different for everyone, however, I am extremely glad that they accepted my email appear after almost a month of haven sent my mail appeal, which they never received.
Curious to know as to what management is this? I’ve been waiting a month now after submitting documents and then poof! Nothing

Old 07-02-2020, 08:38 PM

33 posts, read 49,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrical View Post
I hope you were able to win your appeal.

I just wanted everyone to know HPD approved me. It took 2 days. I will visit the apartment and sign leases next week and will move in the following week. Right in time for Presidents’ Day sales! However I won’t be 100% stress free until I have the keys in my hands.

I’m so happy this process is almost over. The amount of time and stress is crazy but worth it.
Hi everyone, just a quick update - it took 6 months but HPD ruled in my favor, wow! I'm still in shock that it happened. In my case I think it took so long because it's a Mitchell Lama, and everyone at HPD is working from home. I'm thrilled to be back on the list, appeals do come true!

Old 07-05-2020, 03:24 PM

17 posts, read 27,766 times
I requested an appeal more then 2 months ago from the developer got rejected for not sending in 1 document they dont even state which document it is for all i know they probably have it already. please can someone please help or advice me on wn what to do? The Developer is Lemle woff and the building is Bronx Commons. I was still in touch with them till 4/8 and they never mentioned to me of any missing document that was suppose to be submitted by 3/30, what gives???? mrrcaraballo10 Log 8011

Old 07-05-2020, 06:08 PM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
What has happened between 4/8 and now? Were you actually rejected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery