Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 05:17 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,868,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Update: The unit I was assigned, and swiftly fell in love with, is now property of someone else.

Yes, I admit, I was stalking the unit from the cold, dark street with "Ain't No Sunshine" – Bill Withers playing in the background (my head)

Wow, that really bites. Did they email you? But you are still waitlisted for potentially another at the very least right?

Old 11-04-2017, 05:22 PM

994 posts, read 1,058,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Wow, that really bites. Did they email you? But you are still waitlisted for potentially another at the very least right?
I havent heard anything from BG since being waitlisted, but I thought I'd go and see if someone had been awarded the unit (in retrospect, bad idea)

So as far as I know, I am still on the waitlist, but that may not be for this time around, that may be after people move out-waitlist. I doubt Im bumping anyone this go around - similiar to Hunters Point South.

We can have that rooftop drink in 2020

Old 11-04-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
I havent heard anything from BG since being waitlisted, but I thought I'd go and see if someone had been awarded the unit (in retrospect, bad idea)

So as far as I know, I am still on the waitlist, but that may not be for this time around, that may be after people move out-waitlist. I doubt Im bumping anyone this go around - similiar to Hunters Point South.

We can have that rooftop drink in 2020
How exactly did you find out? I totally get that but don’t lose hope, life sucks without it. I put it out in the universe about how much I want this but I’m also trying to be practical.

It might not be 250 Ashland but it will be another rooftop. If I don’t get this, I will definitely be rent poor because I will NOT have another roommate.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
How exactly did you find out? I totally get that but don’t lose hope, life sucks without it. I put it out in the universe about how much I want this but I’m also trying to be practical.

It might not be 250 Ashland but it will be another rooftop. If I don’t get this, I will definitely be rent poor because I will NOT have another roommate.
I went over there and looked into the window

I'm hoping this week brings updates for the rest of you guys, good updates

Old 11-04-2017, 06:03 PM

147 posts, read 87,706 times
Oh Manner I’m sorry maybe you miscounted floors? (Wishful thinking) or you are going to be assigned a better unit with a better view.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLCJ17 View Post
Oh Manner I’m sorry maybe you miscounted floors? (Wishful thinking) or you are going to be assigned a better unit with a better view.
Quote:
I went over there and looked into the window

I'm hoping this week brings updates for the rest of you guys, good updates
Seriously hope so but don’t count yourself out, anything can happen!

Old 11-04-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I tried to convince myself of that, and so I counted and recounted LOL

Old 11-06-2017, 07:20 AM

147 posts, read 87,706 times
Good morning everyone since we aren’t likely sleeping much until we hear back from this lottery anyway haha. I started my morning With NO SLEEP TIL BROOKLYN! Beastie Boys and positive thinking here we come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Y0cy-nvAg

Old 11-06-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Good morning everyone since we aren’t likely sleeping much until we hear back from this lottery anyway haha. I started my morning With NO SLEEP TIL BROOKLYN! Beastie Boys and positive thinking here we come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Y0cy-nvAg

LOL, I love it. I was stealthily perusing StreetEasy when my coworker walked over and said, "tomorrow is the day, I can feel it". That made me feel good so I'm going with that. BTW, I was just beginning to fight the anxiety that was beginning to creep in.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Darn! I thought that was the big news, again! every time I see this thread light up =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery