Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 02:14 PM

17 posts, read 20,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagleNY View Post
Did either of them have 2 bathrooms? Did they ask you to pick one? I am confused about if you get the apartment that they show or if it is just representative of an apartment that they will assign later.
They were identical 2Bed/1Bath units but on different floors. We chose one that will be ours if everything works out. We were also told that that type of 2BR unit was the only kind that was still available, which is why we didn't see another kind.

Last edited by doctor_kp; 05-18-2017 at 03:31 PM..

Old 05-18-2017, 02:42 PM

16 posts, read 21,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_kp View Post
They were identical 2Bed/1Bath units but on different floors. We choose one that we be ours if everything works out. We were told that that type of 2BR unit was the only kind that was still available, which is why we didn't see another kind.
Considering how strict they have been, I'm kinda surprised that you even qualify for a two bedroom, assuming that your baby is still on the way and not yet born.

I hope you liked your apartment.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:50 PM

994 posts, read 1,060,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagleNY View Post
Considering how strict they have been, I'm kinda surprised that you even qualify for a two bedroom, assuming that your baby is still on the way and not yet born.

I hope you liked your apartment.
Its not surprising, given that the misses is actually pregnant. What would be surprising is if they got a 2 bedroom on a "we're trying to get pregnant"

Old 05-18-2017, 03:36 PM

143 posts, read 126,738 times
I'm hoping that it isn't true, that all the 1bedrms are complete.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:25 AM

60 posts, read 67,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_kp View Post
They were identical 2Bed/1Bath units but on different floors. We chose one that will be ours if everything works out. We were also told that that type of 2BR unit was the only kind that was still available, which is why we didn't see another kind.
How was it? Big?

Old 05-19-2017, 02:58 PM

10 posts, read 12,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
and that's very unfortunate (my opinion) because they tell you "you'll get contacted in order of log #" which they clearly don't.

i don't mean to sound bitter either it's just that they get your hopes up and then... nothing..
I agree, you're right! They should stop telling people that it's the order of your log number because that is not the case. I've been applying for lottery apartments since 2006, way before NYC.housingconnect website existed and that was never the case. I know people with low log numbers and never even received a phone call to come in and be interviewed.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:01 PM

10 posts, read 12,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Are you a single household? if so, did you get a studio or 1 bedroom?
No, two bedrooms, me and a child.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:07 PM

16 posts, read 21,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortGreeneQueen View Post
I agree, you're right! They should stop telling people that it's the order of your log number because that is not the case. I've been applying for lottery apartments since 2006, way before NYC.housingconnect website existed and that was never the case. I know people with low log numbers and never even received a phone call to come in and be interviewed.
No. They should do it in order of log number as set forth in the marketing guidelines.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:07 AM

3 posts, read 3,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotcity View Post
How was it? Big?
The two bedroom one bath is embarrassingly small for a three person family. It looks like it's meant for college roommates and not long term living. The rooms can't fit any furniture but a queen size bed. I really don't think a dresser will fit. And somehow you have to fit lamps in there because there are no installed lights. I really wish we saw the apartments when this all started. What a waste of time. Honestly not sure it's worh the discounted price, let alone the full market price. Its insane that married couples are assumed to share a room because these rooms were definitely not built with shared occupancy in mind. And somehow they are the same price as the 2 bed 2 bath. What a mess. There are bigger apartments in park slope (way better school district and way more street parking) for comparable prices.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:18 PM

87 posts, read 140,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ92 View Post
The two bedroom one bath is embarrassingly small for a three person family. It looks like it's meant for college roommates and not long term living. The rooms can't fit any furniture but a queen size bed. I really don't think a dresser will fit. And somehow you have to fit lamps in there because there are no installed lights. I really wish we saw the apartments when this all started. What a waste of time. Honestly not sure it's worh the discounted price, let alone the full market price. Its insane that married couples are assumed to share a room because these rooms were definitely not built with shared occupancy in mind. And somehow they are the same price as the 2 bed 2 bath. What a mess. There are bigger apartments in park slope (way better school district and way more street parking) for comparable prices.
Did you ask to see the apts? I remember when I was setting up and appt time to come in I had asked if they let you see the apts the girl told me no. And where we interviewed at was in a studio. I have a 3month old and at the time she was just a week old. I wanted a 2 bedroom so that she could grow in it, my BF wants to eventually buy a house but idk when that is....I live in a 1 bedroom now that is really spacious but I can't live here forever as my baby grows. But that's really interesting that their 2bdrms are small. I got put on a low priority list (I guess that means waitlisted) I DNT wanna leave out of my apt and into something small and cramped. I barely have room for all my stuff in my apt now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery